The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

Edited by Rick, 2006-10-30: Changed title to more accurately describe 'The Pictorium'

I'm amazingly interested as to how paint.net is used by all of the lovely people in this forum!!

So post some pictures you've drawn and edited and stuff so everyone else can clap and be amazed!!

Well, I guess I'll go first.

Here is a background I just finished. It is an attempt at creating a liquid filled tube. Not exactly realistic looking but I like it.

liquid_cooled.png

800x600

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

trekm33jt.png

I pencil drew that, and then edited the rest in Paint.NET.

lappy.jpg

And there's a picture of my lappy. Yay.

-Pikl

• Upvote 1

Photobucket - Blog

Newest Film: Beowulf (Feel free to PM me comments, criticisms)

Wow. They are all awesome. I thought the liquid tube and the cartoon drawing of startrek guy were great!

hawking.jpg

a picture of steven hawking.

toejam.jpg

Heres a picture of toejam from the sega mega drive classic!!!!! Toejam and Earl!!!

vr1thumb.jpg

Click for the 1024x768 version

I don't think that one's quite done yet. I want to flesh it out a bit more, but I'm not sure exactly what I want to do. But I know I like the concept, so I'll share the preliminary version for your enjoyment!

Now, for the comments portion of this inter-cast: :wink:

Buzzkill, that is an awesome effect you have there with your glass tube. I also really like that new sigbar of yours!

A_Piclke, that looks really smooth for a pencil drawing. Almost looks like a vector image... It rocks!

bfschuil, did you apply a bloom effect to that image, or is that just a Brightness / Contrast | Hue / Saturation | Curves | Whatever effect? Like around the hair and shirt, it looks kinda like a bloom / soft lighting effect. Anyway, it looks nice, more natural (skin tone and such) that the original!

aatwo, RAWK @ Steven Hawking! That made my day.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I agree that the liquid tube is spiffy!

Crazy Dan the Man, the way the lines glow is really really cool. Nice choice in colour too.

A_pickle, I like your laptop... but Compaq is evil and they stole some of the Ram from my computer when it went in to be looked at!

Pretty cool drawings and effects!

A_Pickle:

That Trek guy has a certain Jetsons familiarity to it. Not sure what it is (maybe the hair) but I like it.

bfschuil:

From dull and weak to vibrant and powerfull. Nice bloom effect.

aatwo:

Thanks for the compliment on the liquid tube. That Hawkings drawing also resembles some old timer actor that I can't remember the name of right now. Oh well, LMAO!

CMD:

When I look at your background I think of light projected imagery and/or holographic images. Kinda like what RTD2 was able to do in Star Wars. Thanks for the compliments on the tube and the sig bar. The bevelled edge on the inner circle in my sig bar took me forever to figure out. And as I'm sure you have figured out already... It is XBox inspired.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

nanemo.jpg

Some girl asked me to draw a banana talking to some guy so here it is!

hammertime.jpg

And here is the same banana shouting "Hammer Time" for no real reason...

Sega Megadrive all the way...

I wanna see more art!

When I look at your background I think of light projected imagery and/or holographic images. Kinda like what RTD2 was able to do in Star Wars.

Actually, that's what it was meant to look like! It's a "Virtual Reality" kinda thing, inspired by the tacmap of Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter for the XBOX 360 (here's a picture!).

And when I say "inspired by," I mean "ripped straight from."

<_<

And I actually didn't notice your sig was XBOX inspired 'til you said that... *drinks more caffine*

aatwo, those bananas rock. Simple as that. (The banana shouting Hammer time! needs, like, a small mallet, or a judges gavel...) Do you do, like, make webcomics, or something? Your characters look like they could make great comic strips.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Speaking of virtual reality, I wonder why VR isn't more mainstream than it is. To play combat games in VR would be killer! Kinda like in that movie Avalon... http://imdb.com/title/tt0267287/.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

I was just playing around with this look. It seems to be a popular thing to do to a picture of a hot car.

crazy1.jpg

Nice! Celica or Eclipse?

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

Lol I'm not even sure. I just did a yahoo image search for "supra" and used one that looked nice...it may or may not be a Supra.

Toyota Supra looks right. I wasn't too far off with Celica(GT).

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

Here is a background I just finished. It is an attempt at creating a liquid filled tube. Not exactly realistic looking but I like it.

It looks nice. In particular, I really like the hexagons kind of balancing the "load" of the picture. Do you have a liquid cooled computer? :D

I don't think that one's quite done yet. I want to flesh it out a bit more, but I'm not sure exactly what I want to do. But I know I like the concept, so I'll share the preliminary version for your enjoyment!

Darn that looks good. Gaussian blur overlay for the glow?

A_Piclke, that looks really smooth for a pencil drawing. Almost looks like a vector image... It rocks!

I was extremely pleased with how the antialiasing came out. Thanks. :D

A_pickle, I like your laptop... but Compaq is evil and they stole some of the Ram from my computer when it went in to be looked at!

Gasp! Jerks. That'd really make me mad... my laptop is extremely pokey enough with 256 MB RAM. Windows XP tends to do that, alas... that's I want to upgrade it to 512 MB. Even Pentium III's can be snappy with 512 MB RAM. Well, actually I want an Inspiron E1705.... but... yeah. *cough*

Cursed non-regenerating wallet...

I was just playing around with this look. It seems to be a popular thing to do to a picture of a hot car.

Looks really neat. Nice concept... but... I think a little more anti-aliasing on it would make it amazing.

Photobucket - Blog

Newest Film: Beowulf (Feel free to PM me comments, criticisms)

Do you do, like, make webcomics, or something? Your characters look like they could make great comic strips.

Nah I don't have time really, and I am rubbish at thinking of plots and stuff.

Inspiron E1705.... but... yeah. *cough*

Lool

@BuzzKill

Speaking of virtual reality, I wonder why VR isn't more mainstream than it is.

Nintendo Virtual Boy forever! That thing really was wierd...

But anyway, I agree. A VR FPS would give new meaning to the term First-Person Shooter.

@SearedIce

That looks good! What font is that in the corner there? (I love fonts... What? I don't have a problem! <_<)

@A_Pickle

Darn that looks good. Gaussian blur overlay for the glow?

Thanks! Yeah, that's a Gaussian blur overlay (well, I guess "underlay," technically...). I had to duplicate the blurred layer to get it to show up well. A 2px line with a 5px radius Gaussian blur doesn't show up too well. Whodathunk? :wink:

Oh, and:

Ell-oh-ell.

@aatwo

Nah I don't have time really, and I am rubbish at thinking of plots and stuff.

Alrighty. I just thought I'd ask. You're a great artist, though. :)

~ Becoming the Archetype

Thanks Dan.

But seriously, the virtual boy apparently gives eye cancer... which is like ten times worse than being stabbed in the face in slow motion.

You're welcome!

Yeah, I never actually owned a Virtual Boy. I played one at a demo station once... I think at a BlockBuster or something. My siblings said I looked like I was being possessed by an alien device.

But I am not possessed I am fine Aliens are your friends. :shock:

~ Becoming the Archetype

lol. mmmmmm aliens.

I haven't been drawing on the computer for long, but I have made a collection of all I have drawn here if you are interested for some reason.

http://www.aatwo.com/gallery.php

by the way this has probably been asked before somewhere at some point from some person, but how did u make ur avatar, its even more amazing than my friend who has four nipples (I'm actually not lying).

Was it using that sphere tutorial?

@SearedIce

That looks good! What font is that in the corner there? (I love fonts... What? I don't have a problem! <_<)

I can't access the website right now, but I think I got it at http://www.dafont.com/

aatwo, those are nice drawings! Have you considered drawing a web comic? (I know I'm not the first person to mention it). You can get other people to write the scripts.

Four nipples is crazy (especially when it's almost as amazing as that avatar).

by the way this has probably been asked before somewhere at some point from some person, but how did u make ur avatar, its even more amazing than my friend who has four nipples (I'm actually not lying).

Was it using that sphere tutorial?

Four... Nipples? 0_o

Anyway, yes! I made my avatar using the same basic concepts I put in the sphere tutorial. The main difference is I made the body color mostly transparent so it looked like real glass and you could see the shadow through it.

The design in the center was just made using a few white curved lines. Then I duplicated the layer, inverted the colors, and did a radial blur on the shadow layer.

If anyone wants to look at it, I could e-mail you the .pdn. Or, you could download it from here:

http://sketchpad.hhpsite.be/scryingglassslim.pdn

And SearedIce, do you know the name of the font?

~ Becoming the Archetype

Oh, and by the way aatwo:

Nice Gallery! I really like the SG1 pic (I love that show).

~ Becoming the Archetype