How to Install Plugins ×

Plugin Index

Message added by Ego Eram Reputo

The definitive and free resource for locating plugins. Updated monthly.

Written and maintained by SodiumEnglish and Ego Eram Reputo

April Update

No less than seven new toys for you this month, including one new filetype and a contribution from a new author.  Welcome @Legorol

Measure Object - @Martin Osieka. Measures an object in a selection within the active layer. Measurements returned are: area, location, width, height, diagonal, and angles of the bounding rectangle.

PostScript FileType - @Martin Osieka. Imports PostScript (*.PS) , Encapsulated PostScript (*.EPS), and Adobe Illustrator (*.AI) files and renders them as bitmap layers in Paint.NET. Requires Ghostscript to be installed.

TR's DrumSkin - @TechnoRobbo. Re-maps rectangular images to circular.

TR's HDR-ish - @TechnoRobbo. Mimics HDR style images by smoothing out the transitions between light and dark, making a dull picture less dull

TR's PanoPDN Panoramic  Viewer - @TechnoRobbo. Converts equirectangular images (think: spherical images or spherical projections) into a texture map and renders them in direct3d.

TR's SphereCuber - @TechnoRobbo. Converts a Spherical View image into a cube-map of six files representing Up, Down, Left, Right, Front & Back views.

Unblend - @Legorol. Removes a chosen color from the image and replaces it with transparency. In other words, it performs the reverse of a normal blend operation with the chosen color.

• 1 month later...

May Update

Eight new plugins this month. I'm sure you'll find something interesting in this list of additions to the Plugin Index!

AmigaIcon - @Connect 9600. Load and save Amiga (.info) files. To use, copy AmigaIcon.dll and AmigaIcon.palettes to the Paint.NET FileTypes folder.

Fill From ClipBoard - @BoltBait. Fill a layer or selection using the contents of the clipboard. See post #6 in the linked thread.

Fill From File - @BoltBait. Fill a layer or selection using an existing image. See post #6 in the linked thread.

Slinky - @Red ochre. Render ellipses or circles along a line or curve... or in concentric circles. Named after the helical spring toy, this effect can be made to mimic.

TR's KlumpNoiz - @TechnoRobbo. Groups generated "noise" together in clumps to create colorful, vaguely fractal patterns.

TR's Paste Warp - @TechnoRobbo. Warps an image contained in the clipboard to fill any active selection.

TR's Plasmatics - @TechnoRobbo. Recreate the 80's with this old fashioned Plasma Effect. Cool man, cool.

Twainable+ - @null54. Allows Paint.NET to use 32-bit TWAIN drivers on a 64-bit OS. Place both files in the /Effects/ folder.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Can you tell me where the Font plug-ins are?

There are no "font" plugins. Paint.NET uses the fonts that are already installed in Windows.

If you want more fonts in Paint.NET, just go to a font site, like dafont.com and download/install your selected fonts into Windows.

Dpy has a number of text related plugins in his pack here.  Maybe you're after one of these?

• 2 weeks later...

June Update

Seven shiny new plugins this month!

Helix - @Red ochre. Draws a range of helical and spiral shapes. Many choices of shapes and colors.

Lameography - @BoltBait. Paint.NET 4.0x version of boltBait's Lomography plugin.

Mirror Selection - @GOAE. Mirror a selection horizontally, vertically or both.

TR's Glass Vignette - @TechnoRobbo. A Refraction-like distortion with an un-distorted center. In other words - it distorts the image as if it were viewed through curved glass. Shiny!

TR's SelfEeZ - @TechnoRobbo. Captures an image directly from a webcam and imports it into the current layer.

TR's Strange Attractors - @TechnoRobbo. A fractal generator which uses chaos theory to pump out the fractals known as Strange Attractors - think: wavy line patterns.

Vignette+ - @BoltBait. Enhanced vignette plugin. Adds a black, white or colored vignette. Softer than the built in effect.

June Update

Seven shiny new plugins this month!

Helix - @Red ochre. Draws a range of helical and spiral shapes. Many choices of shapes and colors.

Lameography - @BoltBait. Paint.NET 4.0x version of boltBait's Lomography plugin.

Mirror Selection - @GOAE. Mirror a selection horizontally, vertically or both.

TR's Glass Vignette - @TechnoRobbo. A Refraction-like distortion with an un-distorted center. In other words - it distorts the image as if it were viewed through curved glass. Shiny!

TR's SelfEeZ - @TechnoRobbo. Captures an image directly from a webcam and imports it into the current layer.

TR's Strange Attractors - @TechnoRobbo. A fractal generator which uses chaos theory to pump out the fractals known as Strange Attractors - think: wavy line patterns.

Vignette+ - @BoltBait. Enhanced vignette plugin. Adds a black, white or colored vignette. Softer than the built in effect.

Are these plugins for version 4, or even for 3.5.11?

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

These plugins work in 3.5.11 unless specifically stated otherwise. As the above authors have mentioned, many also work with 4.0x.

In the case of both of my plugins, downloads are provided for both 3.5.11 and 4.0.

My plugins are built and tested in 3.5.11 or using a 3.5.11 references so they can be used in both.

Mine are written for 3.5.11 - I've had no reports of any problems on the latest 4 beta (5226), so assume they will be ok for that too.

These plugins work in 3.5.11 unless specifically stated otherwise. As the above authors have mentioned, many also work with 4.0x.

Thank you all very much.   <3  My Paint version 3.5.11 and windows 7 home premium. They are all amazing! 

Edited by Seerose

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 3 weeks later...

I have downloaded the latest version of pdn and to avoid freeze ups from plugins I deleted all of them from 4,0's effects folder and I'm downloading them all new with just the compatible ones. I have quite a few installed that are compatible so far. I was looking for that list you started of the compatible or non-compatible plugins and can't find it. Could you please steer me in the right direction?

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

I have downloaded the latest version of pdn and to avoid freeze ups from plugins I deleted all of them from 4,0's effects folder and I'm downloading them all new with just the compatible ones. I have quite a few installed that are compatible so far. I was looking for that list you started of the compatible or non-compatible plugins and can't find it. Could you please steer me in the right direction?

Here it is :) http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/27661-incompatible-plugins-an-incomplete-list-updated-for-405268/

• Upvote 1

swIFX9v.png

Thank you very much,it was driving me crazy,lol. Never thought of looking in that section of the forum. Looked high and low in the plugin section.  :D

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Next edition of the Plugin Index will divide plugins into Yes and No for Paint.NET 4.0x.  Somehow.  I've yet to decide on the most efficient method to use.

With the relatively small number of plugins that are incompatible I might just add to their description that they don't work with 4.0x.  I'll point the reader to any updates/rewrites of the plugin if they exist.

July Update

Numerous new plugins this month and a host of plugins updated for 4.0x.  Plugins incompatible with 4.0x have had a note attached to their description.

This was a major revision of the Plugin Index - even though it looks almost the same.  There might be minor errors.  Please report any you find!

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for v4.0 - @BoltBait. Effects: Color Balance, Hue/Saturation+, Transparency, Flip (Horizontal or Vertical), Dream, Pastel, Gaussian Blur Plus, Fill from Clipboard, Fill from File, Feather, OldFeather, Outline, Paste Alpha, Switch Alpha to Gray, Switch Gray to Alpha, Combined Adjustments, Remove Dust, Sharpen Landscape, Vignette+, Polygon/Stars, Flames, Bevel Selection, Blur Selection edge, Feather selection, Outline Selection. One palette file included.
Dryad - @Red ochre. Creates a variety of organic, tree-like branching patterns in a wonderful array of palettes.
Ed Harvey Effects v4.0 - @Ed Harvey. 4.0x version of the Ed Harvey Effects package. Effects: Simplify, Splinter, True Blur, Color Filter, Color Channel Flip/Rotate, Color Tint, Extract Channel, Filtered Black and White, Invert Intensity, Single Hue, Solarize, Threshold, Vitrious, White Balance, Drop Ripple, Glass Blocks, InsideOut, Lens, MultiView, Pixelate (Hexagonal), Pixelate (Cairo Pentagonal), Ripple, Wobble, Cross-Processing, Vignette, Lattice, Weave, Halftone, Seismograph, Soft Saturation.
Ed Harvey's FastFx v4.0 - @Ed Harvey. 4.0x versions of Ed Harvey's FastFx efects. Effects: Fast Blur, Pencil Sketch, Glow, Soften Portrait & Hue / Saturation.
Engrave / Emboss - @null54. v4.0x version of Emboss/Engrave effect - originally found in Toli's Effects plugin pack.
Fibonacci Fill - @Ego Eram Reputo. A pattern generator which creates increasing sized colored squares, spiralling outwards from the central point.  Each successive square has a side length equal to the sum of the previous two squares' sides.  Co-authored by Red Ochre.
Hue / Saturation Plus - @BoltBait. Adjust the hue, saturation and lightness using sliders.
Kodak Tri-x 400 Emulator - @johandanforth. Emulates a Kodak Tri-x 400 filter (enhanced greyscale). Tri-X is a classic high-speed black-and-white photographic film from Kodak. Tri-X 400 is usually rated at ISO 400 when processed in standard developers and remains among the fastest black-and-white films today. Note: the support file breaks other plugins.
Mirror / Rotate - @null54. v4.0x version of Mirror / Rotate - originally found in Toli's Effects plugin pack.
Mirror / Rotate Menu - @null54. v4.0x version of Mirror / Rotate Menu - originally found in Toli's Effects plugin pack.
Planetoid - @Ego Eram Reputo. Create realistic looking 3D planets or 2D maps. Co-authored by TechnoRobbo.
Print It - @Martin Osieka. Customized printing tool with a huge range of options like paper size, image size, DPI setting, alignment & offset, tiling, header & footer, watermark, etc…,
Simon B's plugin pack for 4.0 - @Simon Brown. Plugin Pack for 4.0x. Pack includes Effects: Custom BrushesMini, DragFrom, Editable Text, ExtendBorder, FindEdges, Olden, PrinterPlus, ThatOtherApp and Filetype: AnimGif.
Smooth - @null54. v4.0x version of Smooth - originally found in Toli's Effects plugin pack.
Toli's Effects for v4.0 - @null54. Null54 has recompiled the "Toli's Effects v2.0.2" plugin pack in to be compatible with Paint.NET 4.0. Effects: Mirror/Rotate, Mirror / Rotate Menu, Engrave/Emboss, Smooth. All effects require IniFile.dll be present in /Effects/ folder.
TR's TreeMaker - @TechnoRobbo. Creates a variety of organic, tree-like branching patterns with realistic leaves.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

August Update

Four new plugins this month.

Color Harmonies - @Martin Osieka. Easily create harmonious palettes or variants derived from a base color.

Floyd-Steinberg Dithering - @BoltBait. Reduce the number of colors in an image by choosing the closest color in the palette, then taking the difference between that chosen color and the original color and spreads that difference out to nearby pixels

TR's Color Reducer and palette maker - @TechnoRobbo. Reduce the number of colors (n) in an image. Useful to reduce file sizes. Editable color table if n<1000 and ability to save as a palette if n<97.

Two Tone Threshold - @Red ochre. Assesses the tones in an image and apportions two colours between the thresholds.

List of Filetypes is unchanged. So I changed the date :mrviolet:

• Upvote 2

Thanks NN.

Humble apologies to all. I have been busy but that's no excuse. I will flag these plugins for a inclusion next month.

• Upvote 1