How to Install Plugins ×

Plugin Index

Message added by Ego Eram Reputo

The definitive and free resource for locating plugins. Updated monthly.

Written and maintained by SodiumEnglish and Ego Eram Reputo

Unfortunately, with the visibility of Paint.NET and its very visible openness, it's bound to attract some measure of criminal (or at least unsavory) element.  We usually go with the rule of thumb "If you didn't get it (or the link to it) here, it's not safe."  That will help in most cases.

Thanks for removing the link, Katzenfreund.

Red Ochre is very helpful.  We're very lucky to have users like that around.  *doffs cap*

• Upvote 3

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 2 weeks later...

December Update

Four new plugins this month including two from our prolific friend @TechnoRobbo and one each from @Martin Osieka and @Red ochre.

Color Matrix - @Martin Osieka. Transform pixels under selection in the active layer using a transformation matrix to manipulate the individual RGBA channels. Many predefined matrices are included as well as the ability to save your own.

Scribble - @Red ochre. Change a photographic image to look like a hand drawn picture. Many presets including; coloured pencil drawing, graphite pencil, cross-hatched ink and scratchboard. Also the ability to save your settings.

TR's FreeWarp - @TechnoRobbo. Distortion tool which reshapes an image by stretching it’s detail.

TR's SplineMaster - @TechnoRobbo. Draw free-form Splines (complex curves through positioning nodes). Draw on an existing image, an empty layer or using an image as a guide. Numerous line types and end cap styles. Later release adds the ability to load, save and edit splines.

Enjoy! :)

• 1 month later...

January Update - Happy New Year!

Four new plugins to kick the year off!

New Clipwarp - @Red ochre. A new version of the Clipwarp plugin (this has a simpler interface). Use it to mimic glass, create metallic distortions. Has smoothing and some fun colouring options.

Switch Color to Alpha - @AnthonyScoffler. Sets the transparency of each pixel equal to the intensity of it's color.

TR's FireWorks - @TechnoRobbo. Create star bursts and skyrocket type explosions.

TR's PseudoSnap - @TechnoRobbo. Align an object (must be on a transparent layer) within a configurable grid. In other words it makes the object snap-to-grid

January Update - Happy New Year!

Four new plugins to kick the year off!

New Clipwarp - @Red ochre. A new version of the Clipwarp plugin (this has a simpler interface). Use it to mimic glass, create metallic distortions. Has smoothing and some fun colouring options.

Switch Color to Alpha - @AnthonyScoffler. Sets the transparency of each pixel equal to the intensity of it's color.

TR's FireWorks - @TechnoRobbo. Create star bursts and skyrocket type explosions.

TR's PseudoSnap - @TechnoRobbo. Align an object (must be on a transparent layer) within a configurable grid. In other words it makes the object snap-to-grid

Thank you so much!  <3 

mw82um3z.png

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Gosh. Thank you Seerose! That's lovely.

A few minor changes to the Plugin Index for 2014...

1. I've had to break the Author list into three parts. Previously two. I blame @TechnoRobbo for his horde of recent plugins :mrgreen:

2. To help negotiate the extra length of the Index, a table of contents appears in the first post.

3. A couple of posts by other users had to be deleted to make space and keep the listing continuous. If it was one of your posts - sorry about that.  It's all for the greater good and the ends justify the means :lol:

Man, that P-Z is pretty packed, ain't it?  Pyrochild, TechnoRobbo, Rick, Red Ochre...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Oh gosh, you're totally right.  Simon, I'm so sorry.  I definitely never meant to leave you out.

You've forgotten the author of arguably one of the best ever plugins - Simon Brown

Heart-stopping moment. I thought for a second you meant I had left Simon out of the Index :lol:

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

February Update

Five new plugins this month - two of which are from first time author @HorridoJoho.  Welcome HorridoJoho, and thanks for the plugins :D

Directional Blur - @HorridoJoho. Applies a directional blur. Much like Motion Blur, but faster.

SelectionInnerContour - @HorridoJoho. Applies an inner contour to a selection using the primary color. Similar to BoltBait's Selection Outline plugin, but faster.

TR's Custom Palette Matcher - @TechnoRobbo. Remaps the image colors to conform to a custom (paint.net) palette by finding the nearest color match.

TR's Fuego - @TechnoRobbo. A parametric fire simulator (creates realistic flames for the pyrochild in all of us).

TR's Kaboom - @TechnoRobbo. Scatter or disperse an image outward from a central point using alpha transparency. Similar to a 360 degree version of Scatter.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

EER- TERRIBLY sorry, but in trying to merge a thread I accidentally killed the link for Simon Brown's Custom Brushes Mini. The new link is here : http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/27937-custombrushesmini-v21 , and my tablet is not allowing me to edit your original post.

So this is serving as my mea culpa, notification to you, and announcement to a now (hopefully) less-confused populace.

That's OK David. I recall doing the same with Shape3d. I'm sure Rick has done it too. The whole thread merging process is counter intuitive isn't it?

I will flag the change and include it with the next roll out on 1st March.

The whole thread merging process is counter intuitive isn't it?

Yep.  I miss phpBB.

March Update

Two new plugins this month. One is a distortion and the other an update of the PNM filetype.

PNM File Type - @Martin Osieka. Loads and save files in one of the PNM formats. PAM - Portable Arbitrary Map (Black and White, Grayscale, RGB; Alpha channel; raw only; up to 16bits per channel), PBM - Portable Bit Map: (Black and White; plain and raw), PGM - Portable Gray Map: (Grayscale; plain and raw; up to 16bits per channel), PPM - Portable Pixel Map: (RGB; plain and raw; up to 16bits per channel).

TR's Reverse Fisheye - @TechnoRobbo. Removes or reduces fisheye distortion to reproduce the original panoramic image. Options to use different algorithms, Linear or Circular.

In other news, CustomBrushesMini v2.1 has a new topic number.  Please be aware that older links to CBM will fail due to this change.

Hello and thanks to the author and all the supporters and plug-in authors!

I'm new (1st post) to the forums, and have used PDN some for minor edits, touch-ups. Was looking at the plug-in lists and had a real OMG moment!! 45 pages!  Wow! What a supportive community!!!

Now that I've found them (hooray!), is there any (teeny, tiny possibility?) the list could also be published in a CSV format for importing into Excel or Libreoffice?  Make it easy to filter by status or type, etc.

Please consider this as intended to be a helpful note, and in no way am I being critical of the effort put in to maintaining the list!

-----------------------------------

PJ in (sunny) FL

This has been asked before http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/25989-reformatting-the-plugin-index/?p=386825. As I said back then, I'm not providing the Index in this format.I understand how it could be useful to some users, however the risk of abuse becomes too great.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm the author of RECOIL (Retro Computer Image Library), which decodes 200+ picture formats native to Amiga, Atari 8-bit, Atari Portfolio, Atari ST, Atari Falcon, Commodore 64 and ZX Spectrum computers.

RECOIL includes a Paint.NET plugin. The *.msi installers detect Paint.NET installation and offer installation of the plugin. It is also available in a ZIP file for manual installation.

Visit http://recoil.sourceforge.net for downloads and the full list of formats.

Please include RECOIL in the Paint.NET plugin list.

Edited by 0xF

Piotr Fusik

The Paint.NET Plugin Index is for plugins which add or extend the functionality of Paint.NET.

If Recoil does this then please upload the DLL so we can assess it.

So...if I only download/install the plugin for paint.net, what does it do? I don't see anything new in the "save as..." dialogue

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

For Paint.NET plugin DLL click "Download" at <snip!>

EER asked you to add a new topic in Plugins - Publishing ONLY! describing your plugin. In the topic you can place a download link to an external source. The plugin index contains only references to topics in this forum.

In general the moderators are telling people that they should not download plugins or packages from an external source if there is not a reference in Plugins - Publishing ONLY! (and thanks to EER in the plugin index). This is just to protect people a little bit.

midoras signature.gif

So...if I only download/install the plugin for paint.net, what does it do? I don't see anything new in the "save as..." dialogue

It looks like RECOIL is an image decoder.  I suspect that it allows you to load but not save these legacy images.

EER asked you to add a new topic in Plugins - Publishing ONLY! describing your plugin. In the topic you can place a download link to an external source. The plugin index contains only references to topics in this forum.

In general the moderators are telling people that they should not download plugins or packages from an external source if there is not a reference in Plugins - Publishing ONLY! (and thanks to EER in the plugin index). This is just to protect people a little bit.

You're welcome Midora.  Thanks for clarifying the process for our new friend.

@0xF:  To reiterate what Midora said, you need to create a thread in the Plugin section of the forum to release your plugin.  The function, installation and location of your plugin should be detailed, as well as any dependencies, limitations or external files needed to make it work.  In short - everything a complete Newb would need to get it working.

As we say in my profession:  "excribere nisi nonne eventum"    If it's not written down - it didn't happen.  In your case, an official release here on the Paint.NET forum is the only way to get me to include your plugin in the Plugin Index ;)