Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BoltBait

Hue / Saturation Plus - for v4.0

10 posts in this topic

Hue / Saturation Plus

This plugin is for Paint.NET 4.0+ only. It will not work on v3.5.11 or below, sorry.

NOTE:

User evanolds has made a more feature rich version of this plugin.*
I am releasing this as a demonstration for how to add slider decorations to 4.0 plugins.**
*evanolds plugin can be found here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/13003-

**Read the tutorial here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/28423-

That said, here's what it looks like:

HueSatPlusUI.png

Download

Users can download here:

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for Paint.NET v4.0

I think the best way to get used to how this effect works is to play with this using a picture of a color wheel. That way you'll see how the condition works. The adjustments work exactly the same as the built-in Hue / Saturation effect.

Programmer's Section

Programmers can download the project file here:

NOTE: This is NOT a CodeLab script. Visual Studio is required to compile this code.

The function you'll want to look at is called OnCreateConfigUI.

HueSatPlusSrc.zip

Enjoy B):beer:

I have updated this plugin to implement a new feature.

Now, when you select the "Preview original image" check box, the other sliders are disabled.

This is a visual reminder that you are not changing the image in any way.

Very useful plugin BB! Many thanks for your hard work :D

I like this plugin very much, and use it quite often, but I wish it had "From Value/To Value" (or "From Lightness/To Lightness") controls.

I like this plugin very much, and use it quite often, but I wish it had "From Value/To Value" (or "From Lightness/To Lightness") controls.

Thanks!

The UI is getting pretty long as it is. But, something like that shouldn't be too hard to add. This plugin is actually on my list for a rewrite. So, after I finish my current project, I'll give it a go.

BTW, have you checked out the evanolds plugin I linked to in my original post? It may have the controls you're searching for. (It's been so long since I played with it, I can't remember.)

Thanks BoltBait. I haven't tried evanolds's Hue/Saturation plugin, but maybe I'll look at it. For the most part, Hue/Saturation+ does everything I need it to do, even without the Lightness range. There have been occasions, though, when Lightness controls would have been useful.

Would it be possible for this plugin to use paint.net's primary and secondary colors? This plugin re-colors things very nicely, but often I wish it could re-color with the choice of using my primary or secondary color.

Cc4FuzzyHuggles, in IndirectUI there's no way to set controls to specific values, except to the default values, so I doubt Hue/Saturation+ could support multiple color choices while still using the range-slider interface. A similar control that uses a specified color and tolerances (like the HSV Eraser) could do it. That would probably be a useful plugin, but it wouldn't have the often-convenient ability to directly select the ranges. (I hope that's relatively clear.)