Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

@BB00---That looks really realistic (for lack of better word choice)! Cool :)

@Oma---I like those fairy wings you have there. I'm guessing Random Shape Fill + S3D/other distort :wink: Looks like it coulda made an awesome disco ball too :lol:

----------

A little cave etching. And yes, I know the text looks weird.

Primitive_Cave_Etching_by_Worldnewser.png

actually started with Kaleidogen by Madjik. there is shape 3d 1/2 sphere. some bevels, and some majority. among other things. I've gone well past this point and have some lovely wings. I'm just drawing the little fairy right now....and not having much luck getting her little arms and legs looking dainty. :lol: had a wee peek again about 5 mins ago and she looked like a fairy on steroids. :lol:

BB Wow! BB I think if you keep practicing with the pencil you will be very good. Good job.

Oma maybe your wings would look good on my Alice. I would have to chage the color. Pretty

I took her out and worked on her some more. Maybe one day I will be able to make her just how I would like her. Practice,practice.

I made the butterflies a long time ago but still like them. I used 3D to make them fly.

aliceredone.png

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

@janettsue--I like the improvements :) I like those butterflies too

---------

Took a shot at a PSD tut conversion (Didn't really read the tut per se; I just looked at the pictures :) )> Everything looked good until the very last step where I had to shape it like an apple. I tried a combo of bulge/power stretch, but this is the best result I could make (which is why the highlights on the top looked stretched). The shape's not really "appley", but I like its smooth appearance:

th_Apple.png

Lovely that shiny green apple, and I like your new version of Alice, too Janettsue! All lovely images here..

I finally decided I am finished with this, I kow the beach chair sucks but I am quite proud with the other details, and with the newspaper too, which I made following a photoshop tut, (I know it is hard to see it - it is under the wicker bag...) that's why I am enclosing the bigger version, too. Hope you like it.

Ciao

mareinbottigliapng2colgabbianofeath.png

giornale1.png[/center]

topezia I think it is great I love the stones and the colors are so bright and wonderful. Everything in it is charming. You are getting better all the time. The news paper is super.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

@Topezia---I remember way back when you started that. I like it. I especially like the effect you gave the water and the pebbles. Nicely done :)

--------------

I got etched on a cave wall:

Etched_on_a_Cave_Wall_by_Worldnewser.png

(The cave background/lighting effect is really where I focus the "realistic" point. I'm always confused as to whether caricatures and comical characters are considered realistic or abstract :x )

Maybe someone back then had a premonition? :shock: :lol:

@worldnewser: Thanks and your avatar(?) etched on a cave looks funny, like the cave texture too

@St.Jim: They look nice but rather than planets i.m.o. look more like something (water drops?) seen through a microscope

I made this from scratch to use it for this week L.A.O.T.W. contest and yes I did not put too much effort on it (most of the effect is due to the Locky Cola font and to Ash's easy metal chrome tut :D )

Ciao

cocacolapngeanello.png

@ Crimson: Yes I know that, I knocked that together rather quickly to insert it in my image for the L.A.O.T.W. contest, I might think about a lifting on it as soon as I will recover from this acute severe attack of the laziness disease :D

I like your drawing (everyone here seems to have good drawing skills but me :mrgreen:)

I do talk to my p.c. sometimes (but they are mostly swears :D )!

Ciao

Plausible? Sure. Easy? Not very. The hair took MASSIVE amounts of Ctrl + Z to get it like it is now (I'm a really bad smudge artist, most of the time I don't know how I got what) and soft brushes saved me quite a lot of time using Gaussian Blur. This took about an hour and a half to color in PS. With PDN, it would take perhaps 2 1/2. When you have more versatile tools, you tend to shy away from the challenge...maybe I'll do one 100% PDN next time.

It looks good except for the :AntiAliasingOff: . The reflection isn't too good though. With the pencil in this position, all you need to do is flip vertically, position, transparent gradient, lower opacity/transparency. Also, lower the opacity of the glare, its a little too strong.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.