Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

man LJXD thats impressive. just with the shadow, try to put a small ball on top like the "snowthing" has. texture is wonderful. keep it up, snow's going really well too!

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

Ok, here's the end product (click for larger image):

windows-applewallpaper-th.png

I have a 1280X800 version, but Photobucket won't allow anything that large, for whatever reason.

Not quite sure what to call it yet, any ideas?

Wow this is outstanding!!!

Now how about something ridiculously simple like "WindowMac"

That's looking really good LJXD! I would displace the shadow of the pole by saving the snow texture as a png and then running Alpha Displacement on displacement.

I'll do that. Thanks for your help

man LJXD thats impressive. just with the shadow, try to put a small ball on top like the "snowthing" has. texture is wonderful. keep it up, snow's going really well too!

I totally forgot about the ball, thanks :D

@LJXD: I really like your snowy image. So peaceful and beautiful.

@Topezia: I really like the work you put into your images. Splendid and outstanding work!

I visit this part of the forum, but never leave any messages. I'm kind of a mystery viewer. I thought that this might be a good time and say how awesome everybody's work is here aside from the galleries! I don't want to spoil the surprises when I click on someone's gallery and then say, "Oh, I already saw that." I like to keep to keep the images a surprise, but yet, these are just too good to miss.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Excellent lightsaber bb00, very realistic metal you've got going on there.

You could try one of the curved handles - it'd be a bigger challenge but I think would look very awesome.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Great job bb00 - as always. :)

This time i wouldn't ask for a tut, as it seems simple, but time-consuming to do. I reckon you used Ash's chrome method, a lot of :AlphaChannel: gradients, and a hell of a lot of the line tool :P . Great job again!

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

The one thing I'm stuck on is the rings towards the top - the ones that physically come out - how did you get them to be some smooth/round?

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

The one thing I'm stuck on is the rings towards the top - the ones that physically come out - how did you get them to be some smooth/round?

Or it could've been the rounded rectangle tool :wink:

Reminds me a lot of my Rift Manipulator piece, except with better metallic shine. Very Cool :D

Which reminds me, I never did release the 2nd version of the Rift Manipualtor, did I.... :|

@barkbark00:Just to put more presure on you :D , plz make a tut, I guess even ash could learn a thing or 2 from it.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

Excellent lightsaber bb00, very realistic metal you've got going on there.

You could try one of the curved handles - it'd be a bigger challenge but I think would look very awesome.

Thank you!

I saw those when I was looking for reference material. They ARE pretty cool, so I MIGHT try making one.

This time i wouldn't ask for a tut, as it seems simple, but time-consuming to do. I reckon you used Ash's chrome method, a lot of :AlphaChannel: gradients, and a hell of a lot of the line tool :P . Great job again!

You may want the tut...lol.

I used a different method for the chrome, which I'll show you guys. It's very simple, as was most of this...

I'll include that in the tutorial. :)

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

thanks Helen, its called " Renew " a figment of my imagination. Its the things my dreams are filled with. soft and gentle, lovely flowers. like floating on clouds of happiness. :lol:

I'm glad you like this one. I'm working on a tut ideas. I'm just waiting to see if there are any changes in the next version before I do final scoot down to beginner level and work on screenshots. I'm still not 100% on the centre portion

so if anyone can help me out with more realism in that I'd certainly appreciate. Remember I want to maintain at a true very begginner level.

ciao OMA

You've got another fan oma, my daughter was walking past as I was looking at your 'Renew' piece and she said," WOW, that's brilliant, it looks like an angels wings ..."

I agree with Helen, you just want to reach in and touch it. It's good to see your leading by example after your New Years Message :lol:

oh my goodness. I can not beleive she said that about the angel wings, this piece was inspired by a dream I had. It was angels on clouds making flowers from their wing feathers. such a happy floaty dream. I woke up smiling.

I hadn't thought I'd fully captured the feeling, can now see that I'm very very close if she recognized that.

wow! thanks for letting me know

ciao

You may want the tut...lol.

I used a different method for the chrome, which I'll show you guys. It's very simple, as was most of this...

Ah. I would've gone about making the hilt the way i mentioned lol. Well, i'd love to see a tut for the chrome. Any chance it used Curves+?

oma, fabulous flower! The texture is great too! You're improving a lot at the flowers on PDN. :)

The flower just needs a background to see it better.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.