david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

worldnewser great paper

LFC4EVER wonderful dice

jedi12 that is very interesting. Did you use emboss or something like it?

Before you tell me I need shadows and the like, I don't like this well enough to work on it anymore. I am taking what I learned and moving on. I do think the bells turned out well.

wishlist.png

jedi12 that is very interesting. Did you use emboss or something like it?

No :D Clouds->Tile Reflection: Tile size-100 6 or 7 times

Nice picture! It reminded me that Christmas is near.

@JanettSue, The girl in the yellow shantung dress is just lovely and I do not think the fairy queen is too thin, fairy tales characters not necessarily have to match real life proportions. Do go ahead with the x-mas image, the two elves are lovely (there's just something wrong with the mouth of the one on the right, but I do not think that will be a great problem to solve, may be forget about the bells and go on with the rest of the image,concentrating all the light above the two subjects and diminishing it on the rest... well, that is just my guess) Good jobs! (but you did not tell me how you did those lovely feather wings ... :) )

@jedi12 It looks lovely it has depth and very nice use of tile reflection!

@worldnewser The crumpled paper needs some more work i.m.o. but I think you are in the right direction, keep up!

@LFC4EVER Your glass die looks nice, I think it just needs some more light/glow to be terrific!

Ciao

@ Worldsnewer. Love the crumped paperlook. (Any tips how to replicate it?)

@ Janettsue ... those elves definitely look mischevious!!

@ PyroTechniques ... I like the easel, especially the reflection on the floor.

Something I knocked up messing around with the stone texture and waterdrop tuts'

I'll call it: TorchLight

torchlight.png

Links for tuts: Stone Texture Waterdrop

jannetsue that is remarkable. Reminds me of those animated type of Christmas cartoons. simply amazing. line tool? or tablet?

well here is my contribution :roll: to the realistic images pictorium.

passable likeness? I think I've turned back the hands of time here. better than a facelift :wink:

oh yes straightened and whitened my teeth, gave myself fuller and blonder hair. :lol:

apassablelikeness.png

@Janettsue: Someone is in a Christmas mood... :)

@Oma: That is amazing. Definitely better than a facelift. The effects stay longer :) I think the lips should be just a little bit darker. Other than that, very amazing.

You do that so well oma. Two thumbs up! And that would be line tool and paintbrush. I still don't like the tablet. It seems too awkward to use to me.. It is that contouring of faces that you do so well that I want to work on more.

Yes Kemaru I am working on my Christmas mood! I am even listening to Christmas music while I draw.

thanks Janettsue currently I'm redoing my tips on faces tut. so should be done in near future. I was just asked by e mail or was it PM can't remember about the teeth

I'm going to post in my gallery a bit on that for now and will move it over to the tips on faces when I get it up and running. .

ciao

Here is a new creation I made using images from the Fan Site Kit for Banjo Kazooie: Nuts And Bolts, Its HD 720p(1280x720) its great for a wallpaper on a widescreen monitor, This is all made by me, the textures, sprites and screenshots are free for download at rareware.com, which is the creator of the game. Anyways here it is!

(TOO BIG FOR VIEWING)hd_thi10.jpg

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/3/1 ... 0thing.tif EDIT: Guess you have to download?

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/3/1 ... 0thing.pdn DOWNLOAD

Yes, all the reflections need to be redone and I think the table too, but the flowers look nice :mrgreen:

and yes the second image is a crappy bloody potato but the bronze color and threads look all right (i.m.o. :D )

Why did I not wait until I refined it before posting? I don't know, it is a while I do no post anything and I was starting to suffer from withdrawal symptoms :lol:

fioriinvasoefinestrapng.png

theglowofgold.png

Ciao!

Reflection on the table is off, other than that... I like it :)

:D thanks! Yeah I know about reflections, gonna remake them all soon and now

my happy dance :arrow:

Ciao!

Rofl.

The eyes could use some aa'ing and greater definition(+sharper edge) would help on the lip area.

Lol'd at the .gif.

Rofl.

The eyes could use some aa'ing and greater definition(+sharper edge) would help on the lip area.

Lol'd at the .gif.

random animated gifs ftw.

@ topezia ... love the flowers, they could be either dahlias or chrysanthemums :) And the edges on the (cufflinks ?) looks great, how did you do that ?

@ worldsnewer ... yet another brilliant planet. Look forward to seeing more in 2009 :)

An attempt at 10 minute wood.

wood44.png

Knotty pics welsh. :D

Tried making wood.

Very quick way:

♦Select wood colors

♦Render clouds(rough,large scale)[changes the woodgrain]

:RectangleSelectTool: select a vertical strip

:MoveTool: Drag a selection nub across the screen

♦Add noise(40,0,100)

♦Motion blur(0deg)

Result:

scaled.php?server=360&filename=woodlikeje6.png&xsize=578&ysize=480

Results could be better. Quickest way I could think of.

It needs moar knots. :lol:

@welshblue : the second "10 minute attempt" is really close to real wood knots!

@ShK_828: funny pacman!

@worldnewser: Like your planets, you planet creator!

A simple one:

addobboxalber2congancettobis.png

Ciao :D

editing to add a work in progress, what do you think? Once completed I would like to make an animated gif from that:

addobbonatalecampanaescatolaprove.png