Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

That is just plain cool.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

No Shape3D. I try not to rely on that because it only allows basic shapes. I prefer working on 3D effects that can be applied to any shape...

Although, this could have been done with Shape3D...most of it anyway.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

So you used lots of gradients...would be my second guess. But what about that ripple - or bubble along the smooth 3D sphere in the center... Hmm...

And good use of tile reflection too! :P

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Wow :o

Awesome BB00. At first, when I looked at it, I thought "Batman". I dunno, perhaps it's the color scheme or the fact that the W resembles the Batman logo

Still, nice work :)

----------

Rift Manipulator. If you're not a Torchwood fan, then just consider it a big piece of advanced machinery :lol:

Torchwood_Rift_Manipulator_by_Worldnewser.png

No Shape3D. I try not to rely on that because it only allows basic shapes. I prefer working on 3D effects that can be applied to any shape...

Although, this could have been done with Shape3D...most of it anyway.

You know... Shape3d + Distorts = Many more shapes :)

Yes, and also if you start with weird shapes, and play with shape 3d settings (camera angle,

sizes, rotation, etc., you can get more than basic shapes, just started playing with that and posting results in the abstract section)

@Oma: That already looks great! Are you going to give him a name? :D

You know, I would walk a mile for that camel OMA. There are a lot of great looking pieces on these last few pages, I'm impressed.

Myself, I have put the airplane project in the hanger for a while. It is keeping the pool table project company.

Not real sure where to put this :?: :?:

kiwism.jpg

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif

worldnewser you have been busy! the olympics one is good, but I Love the rift manipulator and the planet is super. I went over to your da account for a better look and the rings are spot on. very very good.

tourist why did you call that one dogbone? That is very stylish looking. I just think it is so creative. great great great job.

must be the night for birds. I had thought I was finished earlier this evening but something was nagging at me about my last picture....so I went back and reviewed it. now I'm hoping I'm done any comments or further additions to this one? please post them in my gallery that way I can find them when I make next picture. thanks

as always thumb here larger version in my gallery pg 11 along with screen shots

th_ilikethisversioneyesandbeakbetter.png

worldnewser you have been busy! the olympics one is good, but I Love the rift manipulator and the planet is super. I went over to your da account for a better look and the rings are spot on. very very good.

tourist why did you call that one dogbone? That is very stylish looking. I just think it is so creative. great great great job.

must be the night for birds. I had thought I was finished earlier this evening but something was nagging at me about my last picture....so I went back and reviewed it. now I'm hoping I'm done any comments or further additions to this one? please post them in my gallery that way I can find them when I make next picture. thanks

as always thumb here larger version in my gallery pg 11 along with screen shots

th_ilikethisversioneyesandbeakbetter.png

Your bird is very nice and very creative. All I did with my bird was follow my fiancee into Michael's (a craft store) and buy a book called camoflauged birds (I think). Someone else did the drawing, I just did the coloring. It does make an interesting desktop background as will some other birds from the book.

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif

Your bird is very nice and very creative. All I did with my bird was follow my fiancee into Michael's (a craft store) and buy a book called camoflauged birds (I think). Someone else did the drawing, I just did the coloring. It does make an interesting desktop background as will some other birds from the book.

ahhhh Michael's I know the place well. They have a small fortune of my $. I must look out for that book it sounds interesting. I know you did more than color as I see loads of shading and bevels. are you thinking of translating this style to one of your own drawings. it is very trendy looking.

ciao

You know, I would walk a mile for that camel OMA. There are a lot of great looking pieces on these last few pages, I'm impressed.

Myself, I have put the airplane project in the hanger for a while. It is keeping the pool table project company.

Not real sure where to put this :?: :?:

kiwism.jpg

That's lovely, Tourist, and please do put that yellow airplane out of its hangar soon, I'd love to see it back!

@worldnewser: Lovely colors you gave to the fruits there!

@Crimsom: I like the shiny glowing shades of the glass, but the straw needs some feathering I think (b.t.w. why a black straw?) and may be a little drop ripple could be added where the straw meets the orange juice to give the idea it is dipped into the liquid, nice anyhow

Ciao