Image Umbrella: Image Modification/Manipulation

david.atwell

Good work Jim!

That's a very unusual roof - I'm sure the architect didn't intend on it being obscured by satellite dishes. - Glad you have restored it ;)

It's interesting that you point that out. I got this picture from Flicker. The originator took this picture and many others from some European country (I don't recall which one right now). All of them were from an older part of the city and was focused on their architecture. So I'm sure this mod only improves upon what he was trying to show.

Thank you all for the comments. These are always satisfying for me to do, and even more so if I'm ultimately successful with it/them.

• 5 weeks later...

I was looking at pictures at the Nasa website and found this one of the rover on Mars but the sky was cut short and you couldn't see the hidden details. I took it into PDN ,expanded the sky,and Lo and Behold look what I found.  lol  :)

Mars_zps1874df4d.jpg

• Upvote 2

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

• 2 weeks later...
My first photo manipulation. I am aware of it not being too good, but since it's my first go easy on me :P.

Decided to experiment with the text, that's why it is in the background and so big. It is supposed to be unfocused, so it might not be the clearest. 

If you compare the stock pictures to the outcome you will see that the road and the grass is kinda "bent". It was also supposed to be like that, the guy is "bending" space.

Vg9ug4P.png

Stocks:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you HELEN and Daniel,

@ Klaxxon, thanks so much.

What I did is: Selected the top part of the image at the line where the stones meets the water, then copy it and paste it on a new layer

After that I flipped the pasted selection vertically and used the Transparent Gradient to blend it with the stones texture, and applied a slight transparancy,

the waves actually are still there on the bottom layer, but they are not clearly shown. , because they get covered slightly with new layer

Feel free to use my previous version to create the new one, it is actualy very easy

• 3 weeks later...

Scullbonz, Mars playground – exactly how it will be - so much open ground. The foreground position of the Rover really draws the eye in.

Prosper, Imagine - The way I want to feel. Think I need to make a wallpaper like this to look at every day.

Yellowman, fabulous, the idea of sunflowers in space. Question...Shouldn't the turbines in the spaceship look like they're moving? 'Course maybe the anti-grav is on. :evillaugh:

Welshblue, nice looking fellow, like the detail. Looks like he is about to rise and off he'll go.

Yellowman, well put together image. Like both water versions. (Self...Need to take more cloud photos)

Skullbonz's Rusty Barrel tutorial was the starting point for this. Thanks Skullbonz..

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/26840-make-a-rusty-barrel/#entry394853

Used Laplacian Pyramid Filter plugin. And lots of fiddling.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=24563

MrBillsDeadEnd.png

Mr. Bill's Dead End

th_047.jpg*th_445.jpg

Edit: Organizing PB. :aagh:

Edited by doughty
  • Upvote 2

SloppySig.png