Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Image Modification/Manipulation

Both excellent versions Possum' :D

Playing around ...

th_zombie2.jpg

image no.1...before the missus found out.. :P ..image no. 2..the after effects.. =O

(sorry Welshy..just couldn't resist!! :mrgreen:)

regards j.d.

Thanks! It's a work for school, and Paint.NET is better than painting, at least for me :D

I thought I would let you know that the Space Art Comp is back for a while. I've not seen you in any of the comps for awhile....... :D

I thought I would let you know that the Space Art Comp is back for a while. I've not seen you in any of the comps for awhile....... :D

I'm doing a game mod right now (Amnesia: The Dark Descent comes with great modding tools!), which leaves little time for Pdn :/

But glad to hear I'm missed :)

I have been a fan of paint . net as a cgi student I have been using it for about 2 years, maybe 3 I am now using adobe illustrator much more , but have spent a year to become proficient at AI; the learning curve on paint net was about 2 days for proficiency and 2 weeks for overall understanding.

Kevin

nooknflower.jpg

Edited by Kebmo

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp120/kebmo/pics%20wk%204/nooknflower.jpg

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp120/kebmo/pics%20wk%204/Untitled.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5122/5202062231_21dc53217b.jpg

Very nice, all.

Hi,

I am update a website for this company.

The image is flat and deosnt suit any modern web design.

Any suggestions on how I could enhance this image to suit a website.

Note I cannot change the logo design too much. I can however do what i like with the text.

Any usfull pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Rince

Ryan%20Website%20Logo.png

Ooo, jerkfight, that's cool! I like that effect. It's the oil painting effect, right? I need to find some of my photographs and play with that effect. Well, this is the first image manipulation project I've done so far! Areas of it could use some work such as the space scene fitting into the bowl, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The bowl, space scene, and all the fish and aquatic mammals were all separate pictures.

fishbowlscene.jpg

Ooo, jerkfight, that's cool! I like that effect. It's the oil painting effect, right? I need to find some of my photographs and play with that effect. Well, this is the first image manipulation project I've done so far! Areas of it could use some work such as the space scene fitting into the bowl, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The bowl, space scene, and all the fish and aquatic mammals were all separate pictures.

Nope, no oil painting. It was simplift along with i believe soft portrait.

i like how you used the space scene

Aislin, great concept but perhaps just a tiny Gaussian Blur to soften up the edges?

Rince, font is not working for me. I like the 'R'.

Jerkfight, not too keen on the grey of the lettering. Perhaps a slight yellow/orange gradient? Maybe I've missed the point?

PeaceFrog777, very nicely done. The top of the water is flat but should have a curve, maybe even some splashes.

Aislin, great concept but perhaps just a tiny Gaussian Blur to soften up the edges?

Rince, font is not working for me. I like the 'R'.

Jerkfight, not too keen on the grey of the lettering. Perhaps a slight yellow/orange gradient? Maybe I've missed the point?

PeaceFrog777, very nicely done. The top of the water is flat but should have a curve, maybe even some splashes.

looking back, yeah a tad bit of yellow would have looked nicer.

@ Olav ... that's cool. Love the way you've used fractal.

@ dug ... cool. Reminds me of a horror film I watched many moons ago. Zoltan Hound of Dracula

Playing around with Sculptris,, then adding some touches/ parts with PDN. A few things to change, so I guess it's a WIP :D

th_BorgEdit.png

Hi All,

I've been using Paint dot Net for a good few years now, but only recently got down to playing around with images.

I posted this to Worth1000 for a competition titled (I think) cartoons in real life.

buzz.jpg

I called it "Life after Toy Story"

Let me know what you think.