Image Umbrella: Image Modification/Manipulation

david.atwell

I have been a fan of paint . net as a cgi student I have been using it for about 2 years, maybe 3 I am now using adobe illustrator much more , but have spent a year to become proficient at AI; the learning curve on paint net was about 2 days for proficiency and 2 weeks for overall understanding.

Kevin

nooknflower.jpg

Edited by Kebmo

• 3 weeks later...

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp120/kebmo/pics%20wk%204/nooknflower.jpg

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp120/kebmo/pics%20wk%204/Untitled.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5122/5202062231_21dc53217b.jpg

Very nice, all.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am update a website for this company.

The image is flat and deosnt suit any modern web design.

Any suggestions on how I could enhance this image to suit a website.

Note I cannot change the logo design too much. I can however do what i like with the text.

Any usfull pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Rince

Ryan%20Website%20Logo.png

Ooo, jerkfight, that's cool! I like that effect. It's the oil painting effect, right? I need to find some of my photographs and play with that effect. Well, this is the first image manipulation project I've done so far! Areas of it could use some work such as the space scene fitting into the bowl, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The bowl, space scene, and all the fish and aquatic mammals were all separate pictures.

fishbowlscene.jpg

Ooo, jerkfight, that's cool! I like that effect. It's the oil painting effect, right? I need to find some of my photographs and play with that effect. Well, this is the first image manipulation project I've done so far! Areas of it could use some work such as the space scene fitting into the bowl, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The bowl, space scene, and all the fish and aquatic mammals were all separate pictures.

Nope, no oil painting. It was simplift along with i believe soft portrait.

i like how you used the space scene

omExTE6.png

Aislin, great concept but perhaps just a tiny Gaussian Blur to soften up the edges?

Rince, font is not working for me. I like the 'R'.

Jerkfight, not too keen on the grey of the lettering. Perhaps a slight yellow/orange gradient? Maybe I've missed the point?

PeaceFrog777, very nicely done. The top of the water is flat but should have a curve, maybe even some splashes.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Aislin, great concept but perhaps just a tiny Gaussian Blur to soften up the edges?

Rince, font is not working for me. I like the 'R'.

Jerkfight, not too keen on the grey of the lettering. Perhaps a slight yellow/orange gradient? Maybe I've missed the point?

PeaceFrog777, very nicely done. The top of the water is flat but should have a curve, maybe even some splashes.

looking back, yeah a tad bit of yellow would have looked nicer.

omExTE6.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@ Olav very cool ! I also like how you incorporated the fractal.

@ Dug I love it ! Very clever.

@ Welshie AWESOME ! Reminds me of the Borg.

The Photo Manipulation Comp has returned !!!!! You can see the rules here......PHOTO MANIP COMP

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I've been using Paint dot Net for a good few years now, but only recently got down to playing around with images.

I posted this to Worth1000 for a competition titled (I think) cartoons in real life.

buzz.jpg

I called it "Life after Toy Story"

Let me know what you think.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What about a slight bevel, drop shadow & maybe clouds instead of just one solid colour? Now it has me thinking too!

I like the way it's worn, I just think it's too obviously pixelated. I tried to feather the selection, but when the objects are only a pixel wide, it doesn't really work. I think I'll do the text and border layer again and use the same grunge pattern, but I'll increase the size of the layer by maybe 125% before I do it. Then, when I shrink it to fit, the antialiasing should soften up the hard lines.

That's my theory anyway. We'll see how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...