Image Umbrella: Image Modification/Manipulation

david.atwell

• 3 weeks later...

I like the way it's worn, I just think it's too obviously pixelated. I tried to feather the selection, but when the objects are only a pixel wide, it doesn't really work. I think I'll do the text and border layer again and use the same grunge pattern, but I'll increase the size of the layer by maybe 125% before I do it. Then, when I shrink it to fit, the antialiasing should soften up the hard lines.

That's my theory anyway. We'll see how it goes.

Trying using a Vignette or running it through the Film plugin (it can be found with the forums inbuilt 'search' feature)

tumblr_lr1sbohvzl1qbh4zh.png

Blog                     Twitter                     My Gallery

Minners I like the fishing pics. Very cool & a great application of the tute too. Eye is pretty good too.

Here are a couple of images that are from photos of my husband's Yamaha TX750 motor as it is being restored. The TX ones are 1920x1080 WP, so they are huge.

th_Motorhead.png

Motorhead - name appropriate I think

th_Oilpressurereleasevalvev21920x1080WP.png

Oil pressure release valve, because that is the TX components

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Minners I like the fishing pics. Very cool & a great application of the tute too. Eye is pretty good too.

Here are a couple of images that are from photos of my husband's Yamaha TX750 motor as it is being restored. The TX ones are 1920x1080 WP, so they are huge.

th_Motorhead.png

Motorhead - name appropriate I think

th_Oilpressurereleasevalvev21920x1080WP.png

Oil pressure release valve, because that is the TX components

Comments?? Anyone?? Hellooooo?

Minners, I like your pics but a comment on one of mine would have been nice too. Rules don't state that you MUST but that you should - just a little etiquette thing.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Comments?? Anyone?? Hellooooo?

Minners, I like your pics but a comment on one of mine would have been nice too. Rules don't state that you MUST but that you should - just a little etiquette thing.

Woops sorry, just to clarify though, I am doing some work for my mum at the moment ( felling trees ) so am using her PC a lot, it has problems. Not being able to connect to youtube or google being a mojor one as any site that has anything to do with google won't display properly ( no pics ) and this site when loading up sometimes hangs and wont connect and I just get a message in bottom corner saying "waiting for pagead2.googlesyndication.com" So I try and make mantal notes on what I need to check out when I am at work and sometimes forget.

Having now seen your pictures I feel I can comment on them and they are amazing works of art, one day I hope to be that good. Would like to see the original photos if possible? The first one looks more like an alien robot type thing very cool.

Another point I would like to make I am new here so spend more time trawling old posts and tut at the moment so forget to check up on the upto date stuff, sorry. Being of the older generation ( 40 this year ) I would like to think of myself as a polite person and no offence was meant.

Edited by minners71

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-efhndLgoh-Y/TT6eY7uIwhI/AAAAAAAABP8/AIrxGtRE-90/s912/DSC01378.JPG

https://picasaweb.google.com/Garry.Hocking/LaverhaMotorRebuild#5589441510608523538

I hope the links will take you to the original images. They are all of the Yamaha TX750 that my husband is restoring. His friend is doing the motor.

Minners, looks like we are of a similar but very good vintage!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

https://lh6.googleus...12/DSC01378.JPG

https://picasaweb.go...441510608523538

I hope the links will take you to the original images. They are all of the Yamaha TX750 that my husband is restoring. His friend is doing the motor.

Minners, looks like we are of a similar but very good vintage!

Thanks for the pics, I see also you are just across the water from me.

• 2 months later...

That's really impressive - must have taken ages!

You've possibly lost some detail on the little girl's face and the stool by darkening the shadows, but considering the amount of wrinkles you've tidied up, that's a pretty good result! ;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

That's really impressive - must have taken ages!

You've possibly lost some detail on the little girl's face and the stool by darkening the shadows, but considering the amount of wrinkles you've tidied up, that's a pretty good result! boltbait.wink.png

Actually, it only took a couple hours, but the method I use (copying and pasting from the picture itself in order to maintain shading as close as possible to the area to be fixed) created a messy looking bit of patchwork, so I added noise to the photo to try to mask this "patchwork" and adjusted the coloring a bit too to then mask some of this noise that I added, saved the file and closed it, then reopened it and tried to then remove the noise. I wanted to remove as much of the noise as possible so that it wasn't full of speckles and ugly and in doing so it also removed quite a bit of the detail.

@ jim100361 ... the forest scene with the kids is really nicely done.

Very believable

Thanx, obviously placement of the "props" has a lot to do with it. As you may note, because the original 3 boys were in the shade, the 2 which I used also had to be in the shade, and likewise with the girl having been from a sunny exposure, she too had to be placed in a like environment (sunny) and it also made sense in her case (in my mind) that she was running towards them - at least that is what I wanted). Then there's always the Google search for "subjects". Looking for just the right ones to fit with the scenery you've selected, etc.

At any rate, I thank you for the compliment, hopefully I can come up with some others (images). I appreciate it.

Here goes :

1. Hot head (psychocolour with some flames added) - I didn't really sit in the oven!

Hothead.jpg

2. Peach Beach ('Stranglers' fan)

peachbeach.jpg

3. Faux snow 1 (simply duplicated the layer then embossed then changed blend type to difference - sadly doesn't work for every image).

018fauxsnow.jpg

4. same bigger

fauxsnow1.jpg

5. same image but can't remember what I did - could have been negation.

fauxsnow2.jpg

It's just for fun ;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thanks Welshblue,

I like using zoomblur for shadows as it picks up a bit of the object colour - like the reflections you get in shadows. However the light sources are a bit all over the place - the original reason for putting the peach in was to cover up the dodgy join between 2 photos :D

re: Stranglers - They're still going - saw them last year - good gig too.

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ Redochre. nice plugin, I just downloaded it and got some cool results, still trying to understand it, endless possibilities...

@ jim100361, nice image manips, I noticed in most of your works, the images or parts of them are stretched vertically or horizontally, as example, the kids photo (the black and white one) is being stretchered horizontally comparing to the original, that really affect the quality sometimes, apart from that I like your ideas on the image manip. I saw some cool designs from you.

@ deserthunder, nice GIF, it needs some music with it :)

Just playing with some photos I took with my phone camera:

-The texture of the planet is soap foam on the floor while I was washing my car, shaped with S-3D

-The clouds: cloud1, cloud2 and cloud3 and mountains are my photos, too

-But the city is all PDN done with Shape 3D, also the background is PDN

th_city.jpg

@ Redochre. nice plugin, I just downloaded it and got some cool results, still trying to understand it, endless possibilities...

I'm still trying to understand it too! :lol: - I'll try to put an explanation on the thread page.

@ Aislin - many thanks.

@ jim100361 - strong ideas as ever. - the work in your gallery is improving nicely too!

@ yellowman re: city - brilliant - strong idea, well executed ;)

- I'm never sure where 'image manipulation' stops and 'abstract images' begins.

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Good to know I'm not the only one who gets confused on the plugins or feels they need that much exploration. :mrgreen: Seems there is more there but I'm easily forgetting any formula on how to gain results I find from it ... Sure, screen shots, etc. Sort of like the headache of playing with fractals ... so many options that are essential all translated as .01235623 ... :lol:

@YM: Simply wonderful. Art Deco and space opera impressionism blended nicely for me in that piece. Or that's what I'm taking from it and the idea it was all manips from a camera phone is just awesome.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

• 1 month later...