Helio

The process of Antiquing

i just noticed some typo. when you said use "sepia" you said (ctrl+shift+p) it should be "e". maybe you could

change it for the new users out there. but anyway great tut! :D

I did something similar to this process in some of my recent images in order to cover up dirt that i forgot to remove from the lense before taking pictures. This effect is really good to salvage pictures of that type. A link to what happened to me in case anyone is interested in seeing the results:

http://alfredoalvarez.com/blog/?p=10

Very nicely done. I used this on several pictures before signing up, and it's been really awesome each time. I'll try to find all of them, but I may post later with a few I missed.

Also, using frames/borders plugins at the end can also give a nice effect. I used it on one (maybe more) of the ones I did.

Whitby-Harbour-Light-antiqued.jpg

BeautfulHeather-antiqued.jpg

87831xDFC_w-antiquedframed.jpg

Untitled.jpg

I came on this board a year and half ago (for the first time) and found this tut. I loved it and used it. I was actually looking for this one again when I came back and joined (more recently). So I just thought I'd say thanks, it's great, a lot of fun and I'm so glad it was stickied. :D

Great tutorial, I have had some really nice results from it.

Here's a photo I took yesterday. I tried something slightly different and added a thinner lighter blur around the edge on top of the darker one, I like how it looks.

4852208770_72e8169114.jpg

I also did another one and and played around with the colouring, adding a little more yellow.

4852682354_33f49a3795.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Edited by LaSallian

whoa

dat begins ten years ago....

and here we are

and that's my try

looks pretty as rust

--di_is_in--

UrustBoS.jpg

Ubig.jpg

Edited by Diteit