The process of Antiquing

Helio

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

Nice results, all.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

......when u say this ----->

Flatten the image. You can leave it just the way you have it, now. Or, you could add a paper border to it!

Using the magic wand, select and delete the extra white that it added. We want it to be transparent. Add a new layer, move it beneath the picture layer, and render some clouds (default settings) on it with a light tan as your primary color and a slightly darker tan as your secondary color. Using the selection tool on the top layer, select almost all of the picture only excluding the very edge....

how do i move the layer beneath the picture ??? pls explain

• 2 weeks later...
anmd this ...what i 'ld make. i 'ld not produce those last 4-3 steps as he did explain it in detail...n so i 'ld not get the same effect on my back ground paper..as i 'ld get it only from inner side n 'ld not do the same from out side of the border..,

yeah, i had some trouble getting the outside of the paper also.. i figured it out though, but im not sure how. sorry :/

your picture turned out nice, although you might try having the layer with the lines more transparent, and maybe make them less straight and more curvy and not so structured.

good job (:

I had difficulty doing the step where I should have used this gradient -- as soon as I clicked, the whole image would disappear from the layer, and whatever I tried to change in the settings: it didn't work out. Oh well, so I skipped this step

....and here's what I got:

a3dv00.jpg

I had difficulty doing the step where I should have used this gradient -- as soon as I clicked, the whole image would disappear from the layer, and whatever I tried to change in the settings: it didn't work out.

When you do the transparent gradient, use the right-mouse button to perform it, and it should work the way it's supposed to in the tutorial.

Oh, thanks for the good advice! I will work it out again (did already all the flattening) and a little more exercise won't harm anyway. :wink:

Just not now (kinda late over here), rather tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great tutorial, but I don't get the border that nice. Is it possible that the tool dialog changed (at least a little bit)?

The resulting border depends on image size and the selected area in addition to the tool settings. So what would be the perfect settings (image size, etc.)?

Here you can see my first tries:

Schloss.png

uboot.png

P.S. Yes, I forgot the cool shadow in the second image. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...