How to Install Plugins ×

Planetoid - make your own planets

...and today's the day!! Here's the new build. Time for some testing :)

<snip - new version below>

What's new in this build?

Well, everything. @toe_head2001 and @Rick Brewster made a heap of detailed suggestions to improve the plugin and @otuncelli basically rewote the entire plugin and cleaned up a lot of poor quality code. I'm indebited to these people for their generous assistance. . Among the changes...

• Lots of refactoring/cleanup and performance improvements
  • HiDPI fixes
  • New feature: Now, you can restore the exact same planet you save (randoms are also saved)

Along the way, the way planets were saved in XML was changed. This means existing planets didn't load, so I added an IMPORT button to allow legacy planets to be loaded. I recommend you load up saved planets and then SAVE them anew in the new format.

If anyone has trouble reviving a legacy planet, please let me know. Similarly, if you find a bug - a post here would be appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Hooray 1

2 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Along the way, the way planets were saved in XML was changed. This means existing planets didn't load, so I added an IMPORT button to allow legacy planets to be loaded. I recommend you load up saved planets and then SAVE them anew in the new format.

It should be possible to combine those two buttons, and add some logic to decide which code path to take.

I'll take a look.

EDIT: PR submitted for review.

Edited by toe_head2001
  • Like 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

22 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

It should be possible to combine those two buttons, and add some logic to decide which code path to take.

I'll take a look.

EDIT: PR submitted for review.

Thanks @toe_head2001 👍

People, here is a new build to try out. Changes...

• Two pairs settings from legacy planets were inadvertently being swapped. Fixed.
  • @toe_head2001 has removed the Import button. Now old and new planets can both be loaded with the Load button.
  • Versioning pushed out to 1.4.2

Planetoid_for_PDN_5.0.zip

[I get the feeling there is still one setting which is off. I'll try to find it.]

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That's really sweet @lynxster4. I really like what you've done with the aura!

• Hugs 1