Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

I made a wine bottle following a bit close to a PS tutorial. I would appreicate a feedback to see how I could improve it.

wine_bottle.jpg

I am not too happy with it. For some reason, the bottle look too much like a cough syrup bottle. *shudders*

-----------------------

And here another one, a 3D puzzle also another PS tutorial I followed except for the drop shadow... :? Feed back also welcomed.

3DPuzzle.jpg

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

hmm Very realistic. Maybe a tutorial for them? I'm curious about how you made the pear. Nice job! :mrgreen:

:lol::lol: he followed my tut

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=28453

@Storm Shadow that's real nice. How about you pour me a nice glass of wine I'm parched. The only thing that I think makes it not roundish is the shoulders of the bottle. They seem a bit too square. could you give us the links to both those tuts please.

ciao OMA

@Storm Shadow that's real nice. How about you pour me a nice glass of wine I'm parched. The only thing that I think makes it not roundish is the shoulders of the bottle. They seem a bit too square. could you give us the links to both those tuts please.

ciao OMA

LOL. Thanks. I thought it wasn't as rounded as I had hoped. As for the tuts, sure thing:

Wine bottle

Puzzle Piece

I usually frequent a site called Good-Tutorials. It has tons of PS tutorial and a great source of inspiration too. That was back when I had PS on my 'puter, but when I uninstalled it, I tried to *clear throat* download a "free" PS, if you catch my drift, but chickened out. When I stumbled across PDN at the Download.com site, I was hooked.

@Storm.Shadow thanks for the links. when you do the outline using line tool hope that you know to use right button on mouse it gives a bezier curve. that might help with the drawing of the shoulders of the bottle.

like the gaussian blur painting that's how I color most of my images. LOL!

ciao

OMA

Right click? :shock: *bangs head on table* I didn't know that. Doooh!

Thanks for the invaluable tip, and I also really like your gallery. Makes me want to become an aspiring artist. Trouble though is, I can see the "product" in my head, and I cannot transfer it onto the computer. :? Well, I guess I can keep on trying though.

ahh but you have half of it mastered already you can imagine how the image should be. You are able to notice the placement of highlights and lowlights. Thanks for the nice words about my gallery, I'm still learning myself. It takes practice and more practice. wise words given to me by ASH way back when I first started out.

ciao OMA

PS I'm working on a wine bottle. funny how that fit in exactly with the picture I was already working on.

ahh but you have half of it mastered already you can imagine how the image should be. You are able to notice the placement of highlights and lowlights. Thanks for the nice words about my gallery, I'm still learning myself. It takes practice and more practice. wise words given to me by ASH way back when I first started out.

ciao OMA

PS I'm working on a wine bottle. funny how that fit in exactly with the picture I was already working on.

Ash is in a league of his own, hands down. I thank you for your encouragement. In fact, I never considered myself an artist until I took couple weeks of CAD class, but decided to drop out due to lack of motivation, and I think the CAD class awoke something in me. I already have a college degree in Computer Graphics and Web Design, unfortunately nobody would hire me due to my...deafness. :( Anyway, I will keep on trying till something breakthrough.

Thanks Jedi12. I basically followed this PS tut for the apples -

http://psdtuts.com/tutorials/drawing/ho ... ustration/

The only part I struggled with was shaping the apple as in the tutorial, but having done Oma`s pear tut I have found ways of using Bulge that I never would have thought of ( thanks Oma! ) which could get the required shape with a bit of fiddling around with the settings.

If you want to try the apple , have a go at the pear first - what you learn about shaping the fruit will come in handy.

Having said that I used part of the apple tut to improve on the pear. Swings and roundabouts!

Good luck! :wink:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Storm.Shadow - I agree with Oma - the bottle looks a bit square (especially at the bottom of the neck) - round those corners off and you'll have an even better bottle

And yes, ASH is in his own league in some other place...

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Storm.Shadow - I agree with Oma - the bottle looks a bit square (especially at the bottom of the neck) - round those corners off and you'll have an even better bottle

And yes, ASH is in his own league in some other place...

Oh I agree with you and Oma. Perhaps when I get back to it, I will fix it or redesign the whole thing from scratch and make it have a wet floor reflection to give it a depth.

Speaking of depth, is there any way I can create it with the bottle?

@Soul41, that is a real nice looking space scene. It seem to be a very popular artwork in this forum.

@jedi12 that's great as goonfellow said use the both the psd apple tut and my pear tut together.

bottles.png

first work thru on making bottles modified the psd tut mentioned by Storm.shadow above . Still some issues in using the reflection plugin. I just can not seem to get rid of that one line along the bottom edge between the glass bottle and the shadow :roll:

ciao

thanks but these bottles are definetly not my best work. I never really was good working from psd tut's. I've modified in a number of ways. OH well next couple of attempts should be better.

but at least I learned how to round off the corners. :lol::lol::lol: next I need to work on cleaning up the edges. next picture should be better. maybe I'll even attempt clearer colored glass bottles. :lol:

@jedi12 that's great as goonfellow said use the both the psd apple tut and my pear tut together.

bottles.png

first work thru on making bottles modified the psd tut mentioned by Storm.shadow above . Still some issues in using the reflection plugin. I just can not seem to get rid of that one line along the bottom edge between the glass bottle and the shadow :roll:

ciao

Oma, very good looking bottles. The only thing I noticed was the jagged edges, which was the one of the same problems I had. I am thinking an Alpha mask plugin might help smooth out the edge. I noticed similar problem with the wet floor reflection. It would look jagged in the reflection.

yes agree totally ragged looking. It was just my quick pass thru of the psd tut to see what I needed to brush up on to be able to convert over.

Still much better that the ones I'd been trying to do myself with out any tut as guidance. :wink: I'm actually after a clearer bottle shape, but think I can get a conversion out of those.

ciao

Worldnewser: The texture of the ground looks really cool on the second piece. For the planetary lights, you should add a slight yellow tinge to them. Right now it makes the planet look sort of see through.

Here's a space scene I made today.

3210141697_8b05c77c1f_o.png

I like the background/stars a lot, but I'm still working on making a realistic 100% PDN planet texture.

@sharp I like the texture and coloration, but I'm not sure it seems sort of like a disc instead of a sphere. It needs a bit more roundness ball shape to it.

I've been practising with alpha mask. still not sure I've got it down pat but think I'm getting closer. How are the jaggies looking on this one? any better? or worse? the bottom right corner looks off to me. but not sure why if I mirror this over the centre its the same but when I use the alpha mask I get those off bits ?

winebottle3.png

another question when I use the plugin it takes away the transparency of my picture. I had to duplicate the layer 4 or 5 times to get back opacity. so its obvious I'm doing something else wrong, hints, tips anyone?

The thing with Alpha mask is that it either turns black or white to Alpha. I think this is according to the color's luminosity. So if you have a dark blue color, and you run Alpha Mask, it will make it almost completely transparent. However, if you paint a light blue color, it won't be affected quite as much.

You're not just manipulating the color black and white - but its luminosity throughout the picture.

This is all just a guess, but it seems to work for me :P

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!