Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

@jerkfight---I like that pic :) Although I don't really agree with having stars in fron of the planet/making the planet transparent. Nevertheless, it's cool. I like the textures on those planets too.

@m2lucky--- Nice for a first try. However, the perspective is rather two-dimensional. The only way I could think of in order to fix that is to draw in the perspective. I can't really explain it. Try using a photo reference. Or you could look at my champagne glass that I made a while back. Perhaps that might explain the idea of perspective a bit better. :wink:

An attempt at glass: A glass paperweight :) The original without the swirly stuff is in my gallery.

Glass_Paperweight_V2_by_Worldnewser.png

^^^Looks better if clicked^^^^

three ships sailing over the horizon? some guy with snorkel gear riding a whales back? a guy stranded on an island holding up some funny sign. If you look at my gallery I did on page 1 an island floating in the sky for a different perspective view.

main suggestion ..... how about something anything at all to draw my attention into the scene.

Sometimes just a touch of some other contrast color in the water helps give that little bit of artistic tension.

is this daytime/or nighttime. if its day sun and reflections. or stars if night.

You've got a real nice start lets just see you push the envelope and take that baby to the extreme.

ciao OMA

@stealthed: looks great and realistic, only should the egde between the sea and the sky be more of a gradient, and the sun is white. some objects would be nice too.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

I made a wine bottle following a bit close to a PS tutorial. I would appreicate a feedback to see how I could improve it.

wine_bottle.jpg

I am not too happy with it. For some reason, the bottle look too much like a cough syrup bottle. *shudders*

-----------------------

And here another one, a 3D puzzle also another PS tutorial I followed except for the drop shadow... :? Feed back also welcomed.

3DPuzzle.jpg

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

hmm Very realistic. Maybe a tutorial for them? I'm curious about how you made the pear. Nice job! :mrgreen:

:lol::lol: he followed my tut

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=28453

@Storm Shadow that's real nice. How about you pour me a nice glass of wine I'm parched. The only thing that I think makes it not roundish is the shoulders of the bottle. They seem a bit too square. could you give us the links to both those tuts please.

ciao OMA

@Storm Shadow that's real nice. How about you pour me a nice glass of wine I'm parched. The only thing that I think makes it not roundish is the shoulders of the bottle. They seem a bit too square. could you give us the links to both those tuts please.

ciao OMA

LOL. Thanks. I thought it wasn't as rounded as I had hoped. As for the tuts, sure thing:

Wine bottle

Puzzle Piece

I usually frequent a site called Good-Tutorials. It has tons of PS tutorial and a great source of inspiration too. That was back when I had PS on my 'puter, but when I uninstalled it, I tried to *clear throat* download a "free" PS, if you catch my drift, but chickened out. When I stumbled across PDN at the Download.com site, I was hooked.

@Storm.Shadow thanks for the links. when you do the outline using line tool hope that you know to use right button on mouse it gives a bezier curve. that might help with the drawing of the shoulders of the bottle.

like the gaussian blur painting that's how I color most of my images. LOL!

ciao

OMA

Right click? :shock: *bangs head on table* I didn't know that. Doooh!

Thanks for the invaluable tip, and I also really like your gallery. Makes me want to become an aspiring artist. Trouble though is, I can see the "product" in my head, and I cannot transfer it onto the computer. :? Well, I guess I can keep on trying though.

ahh but you have half of it mastered already you can imagine how the image should be. You are able to notice the placement of highlights and lowlights. Thanks for the nice words about my gallery, I'm still learning myself. It takes practice and more practice. wise words given to me by ASH way back when I first started out.

ciao OMA

PS I'm working on a wine bottle. funny how that fit in exactly with the picture I was already working on.

ahh but you have half of it mastered already you can imagine how the image should be. You are able to notice the placement of highlights and lowlights. Thanks for the nice words about my gallery, I'm still learning myself. It takes practice and more practice. wise words given to me by ASH way back when I first started out.

ciao OMA

PS I'm working on a wine bottle. funny how that fit in exactly with the picture I was already working on.

Ash is in a league of his own, hands down. I thank you for your encouragement. In fact, I never considered myself an artist until I took couple weeks of CAD class, but decided to drop out due to lack of motivation, and I think the CAD class awoke something in me. I already have a college degree in Computer Graphics and Web Design, unfortunately nobody would hire me due to my...deafness. :( Anyway, I will keep on trying till something breakthrough.

Thanks Jedi12. I basically followed this PS tut for the apples -

http://psdtuts.com/tutorials/drawing/ho ... ustration/

The only part I struggled with was shaping the apple as in the tutorial, but having done Oma`s pear tut I have found ways of using Bulge that I never would have thought of ( thanks Oma! ) which could get the required shape with a bit of fiddling around with the settings.

If you want to try the apple , have a go at the pear first - what you learn about shaping the fruit will come in handy.

Having said that I used part of the apple tut to improve on the pear. Swings and roundabouts!

Good luck! :wink:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN