Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

david.atwell

I like it a lot. It has got that typical "oma-style" to it, but is still something new. :)

Was "painting" with the smudge tool. Got lazy though, so it's not finished and will probably never be.

Guess it's not completely abstract, but isn't very realistic either so...

darkangel.png

named it "dark angel" :roll:

dragonseyesig.png

You're getting really good with the smudge tool - like Crimson pointed out -the hood is really good - which shows that you can be both smooth and "spiky" when smudging.

Very cool job on this piece.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Hi people, Iam totally new here. I have joined the forum to share some of my paint.net pics to support this community. I'm a big fun of this awesome project and i really believe it can become widely used for all kinds of graphic work one day and maybe compete with such programs, as PS or GIMP. So here is my first attempt, hopefully you will like my amateur pictures:

3203-1220829795.jpg

sorry for double post but as its a new day here I thought new post was just fine.

(whats up with the time of my posts ? its really early morning on the 17th and my previous post was late last night on the 16th? )

here is something I've been working on.

100% Paint.Net

I've never experienced going thru a hurricane, but the pictures on the news have touched me deeply.

I tried to capture what I thought the feel of powerful wind forcing water inland would look like. The breaking glass from the high rise buildings, pieces of the walls blowing away. Just general chaos of nature gone mad..

My gut impression tells me my fear would be so very overwhelming in this situation, I hope I managed to capture those thoughts in this abstract.

iveneverexperiencedahurricane.png

I like this piece a lot.

It shows you have very high control over your abstracts.

The grey in the middle looks like the buildings, with the white-blueish sweeping them away.

Very cool color choice, I think this is one of my favorite abstracts from you.

8) :P

EDIT: Grammar fix

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

thanks nab tends to remind me of my being swallowed by Moby Dick picture. same sort of color scheme. but done in a totally different manner. The use of strong linear hard looking gray and soft aqua curve combination works gives a good artistic tension. and a sad feel.

I'm extremely pleased with this one. I'd been struggling with the flyaway building portion until I read the request for ideas on how to make sheared edges. That was the clicker on how to complete this picture using gravity, seismograph (spelled wrong I'm sure) and loads of bevels and releifs.

So I recentley stumbled upon this application and have become addicted to it... and I've only made three pictures so far. Those pictures I just generally goofed around with until I had something that looked kinda cool. Here they are, except for the first one, which I don't have anymore.

The Second Image I made:

UntitledSmall.jpg

The Third image:

ImplosionofGalaxiesSmall.jpg

RenderSig.jpg

MarshmallowGherkin ~ I really like the first image - it looks dreamy-like (or what my dreams look like!)

This is my first post in the Pictorium :P

I'm a newb to all this but I've been following lots of tutorials and am enjoying learning.

I followed a tutorial by MadJik and added a load of my own bits to it...I like the outcome so thought I'd share it here. Sorry if it's a bit amateur! :)

abstract.jpg

Let me know what you think? e.g. Are my eyes sooo blurry that I'm seeing good when it's rubbish? :lol::P

Loving Learning!

winter.jpg

My deviantART page