Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

Post your weird-looking stuff here!

Things to keep in mind:

- Try not to post your image right after another user's. Allow some time for people to reply (or give an opinion yourself!)

- Utilize constructive criticism. Being mean is not welcome or tolerated.

- Try for criticism that's more helpful than "looks good" - say why. Say what works, say what can be improved. It'll make everyone's skills better (including yours)!

- By the same token, keep the rules in mind. They will be enforced here just as much as anywhere else.

Make Salvador Dali proud!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 1 month later...

This is an abstract piece I created a couple of months ago and posted in the old Pictorium. It's one of my pieces that I am most proud of, so would like to share it in this new Abstract thread. Enjoy.

Inside600.png

If anyone is interested in how this was created, there is a tutorial

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

its a great pic like a mix between the roses tut and a 3d tut and a twist tut

will defo look at ur tut later but i got to sleep now

i mean i kids got to sleep or go insane

recently converted from photoshop

punoutofboundsnorm12.png

cjmcguinness that one always was one of my fav's as well its so creamy looking.

Diabolicus i've not seen you around much before I like this one but think I'd take it a bit more over the top. one touch of color somewhere to draw the eye into the picture. maybe a little texture the concept is real nice I'd like to know how you made this one.

=================================

abstract has always been my favourite type of art. so much emotion can be displayed by just the use of color. makes the mind have an inner focus with out the distraction of saying oh that's a pretty flower, car, boat etc.

"When light has a voice"

whenlighthasavoice.png

visit my gallery for details

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=23412

Thats really good Oma, not sure what it is, or any idea (yet) of how you did it. If you cropped it it would look good in a sig...

Here is a lord of the rings thing ive been working on

Untitledringfin.jpg

Grungesig.png

Diabolicus i've not seen you around much before I like this one but think I'd take it a bit more over the top. one touch of color somewhere to draw the eye into the picture. maybe a little texture the concept is real nice I'd like to know how you made this one.

abstract has always been my favourite type of art. so much emotion can be displayed by just the use of color. makes the mind have an inner focus with out the distraction of saying oh that's a pretty flower, car, boat etc.

"When light has a voice"

whenlighthasavoice.png

Wow Oma nice picture! I would like to see how that is done aswell! Well, as for my picture, thanks! I experimented a few minutes ago and came up with these, same pic, with some effects:

Weave_Waves___Fire_by_Diabolicus.png

^^^^^^Used curves, made it a fire color

Weave_Wave___Red_by_Diabolicus.png

^^^^^^Used clouds to add a red fog

Weave_Wave___Red_Glow_by_Diabolicus.png

^^^^^^Used clouds to add red fog with multiview warp and also with added glow

Weave_Wave___Red_Glow_Inverted_by_Diabolicus.png

^^^^^^Used clouds to add red fog with multiview warp and also made the main background inverted

You said you would like to see how it's made, so should I post a tutorial? :) It would be my first tutorial, too.

Well, I don't do much abstract, but here are two examples:

th_AbstractArt1.png

That was made this morning, just random lines with paint brush, and then:

Hidden Content:
Jitter>Kaleidoscope>PowerStretch>Curves +

th_GrungePicture1PB.png

I posted this in the old Pictorium before... Part of it was made with Ash's brushed metal hint (Noise, radial blur, stuff like that). The rest was:

Hidden Content:
Twist>Clouds [Very Rough]>Curves +>Text [Top font: Cheap Fire, Bottom font: Dark Crystal Script]>Outline Object for top, reflection for bottom

"When light has a voice"

whenlighthasavoice.png

Wow Oma nice picture! I would like to see how that is done aswell! Well, as for my picture, thanks! I experimented a few minutes ago and came up with these, same pic, with some effects:

^^^^^^Used clouds to add red fog with multiview warp and also made the main background inverted

You said you would like to see how it's made, so should I post a tutorial? :) It would be my first tutorial, too.

Now that you've inverted the colors, I can tell you did it with weave :D

"When light has a voice"

whenlighthasavoice.png

Now that you've inverted the colors, I can tell you did it with weave :D

Yup i did weave lol but some other stuff too

"When light has a voice"

th_whenlighthasavoice.png

visit my gallery for details

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=23412

Oma the lights and the shine in that image are simply wonderful!

One abstract I made:(drowning colors)

matitoni.png

@topezia---Nice colors :) Although I can't figure out how u did it. Is it Xor?

@Milkybarkid--I like the spacescape. Especially the effects on the planet.

I havea realistic/abstract piece. I didn't know where I should put it, but I like abstracts bettr :D so:

CLOUDS.png

Here's an older piece which was kinda cool:

ICE.png

I made some custom brushes, i combined a few of them and came up with some cool textures. Im thinking of ways to use them. Leme know what you think.

cooltexture12.png

cooltexture121-1.png

custombrush1.png

custombrush12.png

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

@topezia---Nice colors :) Although I can't figure out how u did it. Is it Xor?

@Milkybarkid--I like the spacescape. Especially the effects on the planet.

I havea realistic/abstract piece. I didn't know where I should put it, but I like abstracts bettr :D so:

CLOUDS.png

Here's an older piece which was kinda cool:

ICE.png

No xor but a lot of distortion effects plus a lot of layers rotate zoom plus a lot of cropping and cutting and blending and a splash ( :) of water reflection

Yes the ice block image is really cool (of course ....it is ice (lame joke) I see also a silhouette there that reminds me sort of ice queen with wings: did you draw her or is it just a lucky combination of the effects? (and B.T.W how did u make those ice/diamond shaped blocks?)

Yes the ice block image is really cool (of course ....it is ice (lame joke) I see also a silhouette there that reminds me sort of ice queen with wings: did you draw her or is it just a lucky combination of the effects? (and B.T.W how did u make those ice/diamond shaped blocks?)

Thnks As to the silhouette, that was just a lucky combo :) It was actually quite a simple, but interesting, job. I used two motion blurred fractal mandelbrots in two different directions then used Radial Blur Deluxe at maximum amount and low frequency steps (it's actually quite interesting what you can get with low frequency steps).

@K.Digennaro--Interesting textures. Reminds me of brushed metal, only coarser. I think I should get around to using the custom brushes plugin.

I've made this...half a year ago. I wasn't very into Paint.NET at that moment, and this was just a test of Shape 3D. Me being a fan of Stargate, I tried to make it look like the Event Horizon of an actual Stargate, but at that aspect, I failed miserably.

53trtc.png

Edit: I apologise for the page stretching. Won't happen again.

aay51j.png

It's not that bad, you know, don't keep thinking you're not all that brilliant or anything, it is fine.

Just try to make the background more *spacey*, try looking at some tutorials, there are loads for spacescapes

7/10...

Milky

Grungesig.png

I actually like the spin off one. that's got lots going on there.

here is one I've been working on I like the milky textures.

phantom plasma

th_phantomplasmaforpaint.png

Milky, soft "spiderwebby" texture ....any tips on how you create it?