Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

david.atwell

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Much like my Strawberry Fields Forever image from oh so long ago, I created this image

while listening to While My Guitar Gently Weeps (White Album version) and is purely

inspired by the song. As well, 100% Paint.NET all with in the length of the song. Enjoy!

guitargentlyweeps.png

signature.png

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Much like my Strawberry Fields Forever image from oh so long ago, I created this image

while listening to While My Guitar Gently Weeps (White Album version) and is purely

inspired by the song. As well, 100% Paint.NET all with in the length of the song. Enjoy!

th_guitargentlyweeps.png

One of my top 5 favorite songs of all time, btw. :)

And here is my r.r.h image (the wolf's shadow acting independently from his owner is copied from Mel Brooks movie "Dracula: Dead and Loving it", where Dracula's shadow had a life of his own, lol, I love all Mel Brooks movie!). The only stock I've used is the flowered dress: http://www.labottegadelpatchwork.com/pr ... category=5

th_cappuccioversionefinaledimensionior.jpg

@Mike Ryan: I do love that song!

@Guadalupe: It is not bad, I like it!

editing: :oops: Forgot to mention I've also used Ash wonderful grass custom brush for the borders of the path!

I don't think this should go in Abstract Images.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Woah, really good.

Only thing that bothers me is her necks really long.

Thanks, yes, lol, it is a bit long ...

I don't think this should go in Abstract Images.

I keep making confusion between the two galleries I see, shall I have to post it in the realistic section? Thanks

wow! I find it a bit dark... guess my fairy princess had too much nectar wine. :lol: not too bad but what does it represent? or is it just a bunch of effects one after another. an abstract should convey at least an emotion.

Um...Never ending vortex of insanity, engulfing my mind, body, and spirit? Haha, nah jk. Not sure...boredom?

Yours is much more complex, very nice.

thank you.

word of advice when doing abstracts. start with an idea, and use your colors and effects to convey that idea. Very rarely when you go to a museum and view abstracts are there ever canvasses that are almost exclusively black. (not saying there aren't any but there are not many) Black is the absence of color, the absence of life within a picture and should be used to enforce/enhance something lighter, it should be a foil for the central theme, and seldom the central idea.

edit PS artwork should never be boredom it should be viewed as an adventure at expanding your ability to express thru shapes and color.

:wink:

anyways welcome to the forum and I'm going to be watching your artwork progress as I think you have loads of potential.

ciao