Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

david.atwell

A lot of very fine pictures, here. Love your artistic touch cjmcguinness, and Oma yes I am amongst the shiny fans and that is gorgeous and i.m.o. should deserve a place in the Galleria.

Welshblue: I like the kiss of the Dragon!

JanettSue : From the Impressionism (your photo-manipulation) to the Cubism period :D , it is lovely both for the colors and for the 3d look. How did you make those cubic shapes?

Ciao,

PeterPawn I don't know how I missed your post last time I posted but wanted to say I think the spheres are cool.

topezia I have been a Quilter for decades an there is math involved.(something that I am not very studied at) Tiling refers to the filling in of a plane with repetitions of the same shape so that no gaps appear. The result is called a mosaic or tessallation. Something I am sure you math wizes are familiar with as well as you artist with Escher and Penrose. Penrose has to do with mirror symmetry and fivefold rotational symmetry. Sorry I'll stop now. It is just great stuff if you are into textile art.

How I made the blocks. As a quilter I have been fascinated with how you can use the same shapes (much easier to sew together) and by changing the hue and so forth create and illusion. I don't quilt right now but there was a time I did all this on graph paper. What a time saver pdn would have been for me.

tiling.png

The possibilities are endless

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

@becauseiwantedto: it looks awesome but... I don't like the colour, that looks like rusted copper, however that can be changed easily (atleast I guess).

@PeterPawn: I love your gold like looks great, but I would change the blue colour and distort the tile reflection a lot more.

@janettsue: It looks so realistic; you could post it at the realistic images topic, however because the main porpuse of your image is to fool the mind it doesn't look extremely beautiful.

Now for a little coloured metallic polar inversion:

Abstract4.jpg

I like the way it looks offcentered.

plz comment.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

Hello this is my first post :) I have been working with Paint.net for about a year or so now, and here is some of my work.

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w350 ... Lights.jpg

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w350 ... keEyes.jpg

(They double as desktops so be warned 56k users. 1680X1050)

"Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven"

~John Milton

@Kemaru: it would look much better if you would have auto levelled it, please don't blame me for taking the privilige.

Abstract5.jpg

Note to people not paying attention: I did not make this!

yhsjjie.png

now that would be classified as a matter of opinion.

I liked the dreamy hypnotic quality of the original by @Kemaru but having said that the auto adjusted would be how I would continue with this one into a morphed abstract.

ciao

great work everyone!

its just a little box I've been doing. liked the complexity of the pattern on pattern on pattern. I love the cream and black tiles.

Untitled2-1.png

fireguitar.png

Found the tutorial after I found out how to do this :)

arteries.jpg

Called it arteries, I don't know why. All of my images are symmetrical :(

evil.jpg

Ghastly ^^

Any thoughts? I am working on making 3D ice text, can't find a tutorial on it, can someone help me out? Search is not working for me.

Changed the text in the signature yay!

PDN gallery!

@Aull Arkenbon: I like the first one best, it almost looks like a face, I love it, beautiful. Second is good but nothing compared to the first.
I like them both, but the first one is better. :)

Thanks :D I made them both useing the same process but somehow different outcomes. (And no I don't remember how I made them it was 2:00AM and I was half-asleep)

-----------

More:

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w350 ... II/War.jpg

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w350 ... dRoses.jpg

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w350 ... tution.jpg

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w350 ... eNight.jpg

-----------

All of my images are symmetrical

I like symmetrical :oops: , and I like the first one "ghastly" but there are better things to use than Polar Inversion to make symmetrical objects like viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5334 (which is awesome! 8) )

"Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven"

~John Milton

internet.jpg

Yay! (I don't know that it's abstract, but it sure isn't any of the other categories.

@AullArkenbon: I didn't use PI on them, maybe the green/red one, can't remember how I made it, but I don't usually use PI for a lot of things.

Well, I guess that some of my best use them...

Oh well.

Comments on interweb picture?

Changed the text in the signature yay!

PDN gallery!

Maybe it reflects the hidden crazy you! :lol:

I call this one `Spooky' because if you look carefully you will see a face- well more of a mask actually but is there. I just painted some colours on the canvas,smudged,inverted and then flipped the layers a few times. Too easy really but interesting result.

Spooky1.jpg

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

@aull Arkenbon: try using tumbnails, in case you don't know how:http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26979

@becauseiwantedto: looks very realistic, just try using alpha masks, and personly I believe it belongs in the realistic part, if not then the compass alone would.

@goonfella: It's not the best abstract of all times, but good effect, try using more colours, I think that would make it look better.

yhsjjie.png

@becauseiwantedto: I like your arteries ,well not your actual ones, you know what I mean :lol: and also the compass picture which I agree with Boude fits more in the realistic section and yes follow Boude's advice about alpha-masking or use more the feather plug-in.

@Goonfella:Not bad, but don't be afraid to use more colors/lights/blur/shadows and effects!

Ciao!