Sign in to follow this  
pyrochild

pyrochild plugins (2017-12-04)

Updated:

-Fixed an issue in Grid Warp that reset the grid if either grid size box was selected when pressing OK

-Fixed a crash in Grid Warp when using Repeat Grid Warp on a larger image than the one the distortion was originally performed on

-Added tooltip info for Grid Warp in Paint.NET 4

I am sorry, but I have to say I haven't had time to try enough PDN-4,

I downloaded it and rolled back to V-3.6  after few days, because most of the plugins weren't working with me, but I really like v-4 and its new amazing features.

I came here to say thank you very much pyro for the update, I really appreciate your hard working on the excellent plugins,

And also to all our great plugins creators, thank you so much everyone. :)

I am wondering pyro, if all your plugins are now compatible  with v-4?

Thanks again.

All of my plugins are, to the best of my knowledge, fully compatible with Paint.NET 3.5.11 and 4.0α

As always, please report any issues you may find in either version, and I'll do my best to address them (in less than a year this time!)

Updated Gradient Bars:

6 years, 7 months, and 2 days later, in what is probably a forum record between feature request and implementation:

May I suggest another option?

A selection for horizontal/vertical or maybe an angle dialog...

Added.

Also added color choosers, gamma-adjusted color blending, mirrored bars, and repeating bars, and tooltip info for Paint.NET 4.

Hello. I'm not sure if I am using Gradient Mapping wrong or if something is wrong with the plugin, but paint.net crashes any time I try to double click the gradient bar or change a color.
I am using windows 7 32bit and the v4 paint.net. When the problem happens a window pops up saying, "paint.net has stopped working" and forces me to close paint.net.
The pop-up window does offer problem details, I have copied/pasted them below.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PaintDotNet.exe
Application Version: 4.0.5152.40811
Application Timestamp: 52f6b280
Fault Module Name: clr.dll
Fault Module Version: 4.0.30319.18444
Fault Module Timestamp: 52717e84
Exception Code: c00000fd
Exception Offset: 0001b8ba
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fdd5
Additional Information 2: fdd526cceeffc81355dc1282f1212b61
Additional Information 3: 4128
Additional Information 4: 412867892d82e9d237f2d42773446055

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

As far as I'm aware, this effect should be working with v4.0.  Please try to download and install it again to make sure you have the latest available version.

If the problem persists, please let us know.

Thanks for the fast reply.

I tried to uninstall/reinstall both paint.net and the pyro plugin pack some-what recently, as well as tried to update some other plugins too, so I thought everything was up-to-par.

However, taking your advice, I uninstalled paint.net again. During the uninstalling/reinstalling process this time though, I found out there were old installations and plugins I missed from the first time I tried to uninstall/reinstall. Going back through and making sure nothing old was left this time around, I have reinstalled and have the plugin working successfully now. So, again, thank you.

You could just click and drag the files from the zipped folder to a folder on your desktop...

You don't need WinRar to unzip standard zipped folders

Yeah, zipping has been included in Windows since Windows 98.

Incidentally, if you want a really good compression program, I recommend 7-zip.  It opens a lot of different compressed formats.

I was pretty excited to see that you created a smudge brush as I use it often in other programs. However, I felt that the effect was rather intense, even when setting it to #1. As a result, it works more like a "push" brush set at low intensity rather than a "smudge" brush...at least for my purpose. I use "smudge" to smooth out skin and wrinkles and to softly blend inconsistancies in skin complexion, so if the effect is too strong it's not going to look natural. Just giving my feedback, in case you decide to make any adjustments in the future.

Thank you for creating those plugins. You and all the other contributors are simply amazing.

-deejay

I notice that the latest version of your plugin pack no longer has the pyrochild.effects.REQUIRED.dll included.  Does this mean I can delete the one I have now when I update them?

I'm not sure if this is just me, but the download link to the pack no longer seems to work.  Could you please check on it?

Thank you very much for the plugins btw.  I have found them very useful.

I apologize if this was 'answered' somewhere in the 40 pages of this thread, but I cannot find the answer.

I love(d) the pyrochild smudge effect.   I used it on almost all my projects - up until the PaintNet 4.0.3.

After that update (summer 2014ish), the smudge effect is not recognized.   :(

I see inside the PaintNet program (settings>plugin errors) that the smudge.dll is the only plugin that is listed as an error.

The error log has a wall of text about the smudge versions, could not load file or assembly and on and on.

Then at the very end it says something like
"This plugin is incompatible with this version of PaintNet.  A mandatory update is available."

Okay, so what is a "mandatory update"?

I have the latest PaintNet update (4.0.3) and I am not going to try and figure out how to go back to an older version - or is that the solution?

btw, all the other pyrochild plugins still work fine in PaintNet 4.0.3.   So what is the issue with smudge?   Makes no sense.

I looked all over the place and find no 'updated' smudge to download - yet it seems like some people are still able to use it in PaintNet 4.0.3.   How?

I re-downloaded every smudge download available from pyrochild's plugin links and still have the same result - it does not work.

Can anybody please explain is step-by-step instructions where to get this "mandatory update" and how to install it?

Thank you for any help.   It has been driving me crazy for over 3 months now.   I have found no work-around effect to use in place of smudge, so I finally

decided to post in this forum and get the straight answer(s).

If smudge is a dead plugin, then I understand and would like confirmation of this (although it seems like people are able to use it in 4.0.3).

If it is a dead plugin, will there be a new version available soon?   Does anyone know?

Again, thanks for any help!

Hi @Colorola - Smudge is working fine for me in v4.  The Plugin download on page 1 is current and, as you probably already know, after un-zipping should be:

Copy any desired plugins to C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\

It would probably be very helpful to @Pyro if you post the actual error log on here, as well as what system you are using ..... Windows 7, or such!