pyrochild plugins (2020-11-21)

7 hours ago, KingKreeper17 said:

Nevermind, I restarted paint.net and it worked. I have a suggestion though. Since I work with large images, it shows a window covering the whole screen with scrollbars because the image is larger than the screen. Is it possible to scale the painting area so that I don't have to use scrollbars to move around?

Splatter and the other canvas plugins have a zoom setting at the top of the window, and respond to ctrl+scroll and pinch zoom as well.

• Upvote 1

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello Pyrochild,

Great plugin for this great  software.  I understand that the batch processing feature is not available anymore, but it was par of the plugin in the past, am I correct?

Is there any chance to download the previous version of the plugin that contains batch processing feature? 

Ar alternatively, how can I download the previous version of the plugin that will work with  Paint.NET v3.5 ?

thanks and regards.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Cotopaxi   Grid Warp does not work in version 3.36.  

Pyrochild's plugin pack is made for PDN 4.0.

I urge you to upgrade to the latest (v4.0.21).

1 hour ago, lynxster4 said:

Hi @Cotopaxi   Grid Warp does not work in version 3.36.  

Pyrochild's plugin pack is made for PDN 4.0.

I urge you to upgrade to the latest (v4.0.21).

I would with pleasure, but I have no admin rights to install the PDN ver 4.o and need to work with the portable version.

Unfortunatelly there is no newer version. Thanks for your feedback. KR, Marcel

You don't need to install it. PDN 4 comes with it's own portability features. Copy an existing PDN installation to a  USB drive by copying the folder %PROGRAMFILES%/paint.net/ to the drive. Unplug the drive and put it in another PC.

To run PDN, navigate to the USB drive (/paint.net/ folder) and run paint.net exe.

Note: the destination PC must have .NET 4.7.1 installed (paint.net requirement).

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Using the plugin is fine. You may NOT not redistribute the actual plugin without permission.

10 hours ago, Joshua Moore said:

I meant what does redistribute mean? I cannot find a good definition online.

You may not give away, sell, rehost, make available for download, repackage, modify or rebuild the plugin.

You may provide links to the location where the author has hosted the plugin.

You may use the plugin to make images for personal or commercial purposes. You may show it being used.

• 1 month later...

Try again. Some problems with the forum have (we hope) been ironed out.

• 5 months later...

Thank you for the plug-in @pyrochild (I know this post is super old but maybe you'll see this 😀)! 

I have mine up and working (🤓 I'm freaking stoked!), although, I have a question about using the 'outline' feature.  My canvas size is 7,271px x 10,871px-- is this why I'm getting a less clean look?  I set the Thickness in different ranges between 1-10, and it wasn't enough to fully outline.  Higher than that, I get better outline coverage, but an awkward white outline around that.  

Any tricks for me?  

BTW: I promise I'm putting effort into finding as many answers as I can through forums and YouTube videos so as not to wear anybody out with my questions *cough cough @toe_head2001* 🙂.  This particular plug-in is something I don't know how to search for outside this forum and a Youtube video with a direct link to this plug-in, but that particular problem isn't one I saw had to be discussed.  

• 4 months later...
On 9/14/2019 at 4:47 PM, Tracktor said:

Plese, tell me, where I can download Pyrochild pack for Dot.net 3.5. Unfotunatelly current pack is for Dot.net 4.0. Thank you.

You need to upgrade the software on your system. Install .NET Framework 4.8, then the latest version of Paint.NET.

We cannot help you if you're so far out-of-date like that.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The plugin pack comes with an MIT License file stating: 

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.

Regardless of OP stating "Do not redistribute these plugins without prior permission from pyrochild." as long as the conditions of including the aforementioned notices are fulfilled, you are actually already allowed to do whatever you want with it, redistribute and even sell or modify.. please correct if I'm wrong?

• pyrochild changed the title to pyrochild plugins (2020-11-21)