Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

Critique-

Falken, the centered green dot and the radial flares around the sun are too opaque. Also, blur the semicircle that is covering the top middle a bit. The rest of the lens flare could be a bit more transparent, but it looks fine as is. If you're going for complete realism, the moon shouldn't be there. If it's between you and the sun, how does it reflect the sun's light? :wink:

The image is awesome though, and even if you don't change the things I pointed out, it looks great. The background is yours as well?

Sigil_Top.png

Sigil_Bottom.png

(Click top half for DeviantArt gallery) (Click bottom half for Paint.NET gallery)

@ Goonfella, Wow ! Amazing image. Jupiter looks just like Jupiter ! The moons are a nice touch. Beautiful image once again.

@ 0(-.-)0, Very nice image. The atmosphere is very well done. The planet is a little too sharp looking. It would look a little softer through an atmosphere. Maybe add some cloud formations as well. Very light, soft and transparent.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Goonfella lovely planet I've left message in your gallery.

0(-.-)0 as Possum said that's a great looking planet. Add the clouds and you've got a winner.

here is my final version of the deer see pg 77 for wip shots and the larger size. also in about 5 mins the revised will be on my DA if you wish to look at it therel.

th_addthetreesinbackground.png

Goonfella lovely planet I've left message in your gallery.

0(-.-)0 as Possum said that's a great looking planet. Add the clouds and you've got a winner.

here is my final version of the deer see pg 77 for wip shots and the larger size. also in about 5 mins the revised will be on my DA if you wish to look at it therel.

th_addthetreesinbackground.png

Beautiful Oma ! I looked through the screen shots in your gallery and was amazed to see how the image came together. This is one of the things we have all been talking about, I hope the younger artists on here will take the time to learn from this valuable lesson. Simply amazing, and thanks for sharing so much of the details of how you created it.

0(-.-)0, very nice! The texture & the colour are awesome!

Goonie, I this one is just awesome! I love the way you do space!

Oma, left comments in your gallery & fans. Beautiful! The steps show how much effort has gone into this image. I love seeing how things progress. Beautiful, Oma!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

That looks great Kemaru -- though I think the speaker itself could use some improvements. To me it seems it's circular, even though it ought to be more elliptical because of the perspective. So I would stretch it slightly horizontally.

Also, its ring of light ought to be rotated about 20 degrees clockwise I think -- according to the wood the main lightsource is coming from the top right, not the top middle.

I was also just gonna say you ought to add more things to the radio itself, but it looks like you're already working on that :P

Other than that it looks awesome man -- very cool concept! :D

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

@ Kemaru, Very nice image. I just have one suggestion, the knob below the arrow on the dial, shouldn't the lighter line on the knob be more aligned with the red arrow in the dial? I also agree with the shape of the speaker due to the perspective. Believe me, I have had my issues with perspective, ask Yellowman. He really helped me a lot. Really nice wood texture, great concept. Very very cool !

@ Bjarni, I don't know, I think it turned out really well. Maybe you could adjust the apple layer with curves more to your liking. Really great idea, loads of imagination !

Bjarni those look like very nice pieces of jewelry. one thing you might try now is to take one of them and semi follow Helen's tut viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31064 using a oval shape to see if you can get some shine and depth.

just use the tut as a guideline to how she did the white outline and blurs etc.

well I've done the dragon as far as I can take it. He will be worked into the Myth and Magic image as next step.

see full size on pg 81 of my gallery. Includeds wip shots and a diversion image of this dragon on pg 80.

100% paint.net no renders.

th_finishedrightdowntothesppikesonthea.png

ciao OMA