Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

This isn't as good as I wanted it to be. Depth is hard! Was supposed to be a wax stamp, but looks more like the top of a red ribbon. What do you think?

waxstamp.png

I knew what it was as soon as I saw it. Maybe if you made it a little deeper in color? Try playing around with curves or curves+ and see what you can get with that. I would try to darken it up a little and then maybe try the curves. Cool idea !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

I knew what it was as soon as I saw it. Maybe if you made it a little deeper in color? Try playing around with curves or curves+ and see what you can get with that. I would try to darken it up a little and then maybe try the curves. Cool idea !

waxstamp2.png

Goooodies Ideas 8) I just used the good o'l piant bucket to replace the red with a darker one.

I'm also going to see how it looks with a not so perfectly round and/or wider border. I save that for tomorrow.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

@ Leif Great image. Very well done. Very pretty lady. Who is she?

Thanks. It is inspired from a pinup picture of Gina Carano

I searched for pinup on Google, and figured this pose was nice and “family friendly.” :wink:

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

Tilo, very nice alarm clock, woow 34 steps :roll:

Leif, excellent job, very nice vector style image.

Possum Roadkill, very nice image, that robot is dangerous because he is thinking, usually we think, and robots do :lol:

toe_head2001, looks very good but I think the depth is too much, try to make the highlights and shadows less.

flip, that is wonderful but where is the original to compare with, :idea: why don't you post them both in the Image manipulation thread ?

Wow Welshblue this image is awesome, I was just viewing it in Fans, really really great image the trees are excellently done and the wood as well.

Thanks for the kind comments.

@ welshblue: stunning artwork :shock: is the woodtexture selfdrawn or a stock texture?

@ flip: i like the mystic background, how did you achive this?

@ htco: the sun looks quite realistic, but there are some disturbing highlighted cracks (i dont know if you see them)

It's a tad small flip.

The texture looks like it's something good, but it's too small for me to tell IMO. It would also have been interesting to see a little more of the texture, since more than half of the planet is covered in darkness, but that's okay. Atmospheric effects are rather good too.

Hi guys. Long time no see. No, I'm not quite active yet. I'm just taking a short break to check things out. But fear not, I'll probably become more active by Christmas :)

In the meanwhile, just thought I'd pop in and submit a piece of art I did while getting my mind off homework. It just so happens to be a planet :D

Mars_by_Worldnewser.png

Actually, I planned on waiting until Christmas to update my gallery and show off the stuff I've been doing in the meanwhile, but seeing Flip's pic made me want to post. I'll probably show off my new stuff later though. For now, this will just be a little preview. Comments are appreciated.

not bad Flip although I do find it rather dark. I'd also like to view a larger version maybe a bit more of the texture showing. but not a bad planet at all.

here is my scifi planet

When all the worlds become a stage

whenalltheworldsbecomeastage.png

just noticed the wonky right side. ????? will have to go back thru the pdn'sss and see what I mess up.

something in the mega million layers is in the wrong spot. :lol:

@ Oma. There is talk about the forum getting new smilies. Right now I want one with a jaw that drops to the floor. This is just eye popping good. The many details, and colure combination is excellent.

And thanks to all that commented on my latest post.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

thanks you Leif. took a bit o get the correct combo for the bottom . I've noticed I didn't recheck a few layers before I flattened so the version that will eventually go on DA will also have them.

there is on more element to draw yet for inclusion in this scene, so likely about a week more work.

thanks for leaving a comment.

ciao OMA

world newser that planet looks pretty good from what I can see. same comment I left Flip just wish it wasn't so darn dark my dear old eyes can't make out the texture I know you spent time making.

burning rock that's a prelim version the new updated one is over on DA right now. I'll do a smaller scale into my gallery later this morning. For now I can smell coffee brewing in the kitchen and I think I do so need a cup of java.

ciao OMA

Nice concept, needs more, obviously, but I like where you're going with it.

Good job on the lighting, though I think I would show more of the sky, and maybe add some kind of light source from there (possibly brighter stars, or a moon or other type of massive floating glowing object) :P

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

@Zieon really taking the minimal image to the extreme. looking good so far. look forward to seeing what gets added next.

taking a que for Welshblue I made a Christmas Card as well. I liked his black and white version so opted for a monocromatic color scheme in this one. actually I was just practising getting snow on tree branches and some easy falling snow flakes.

all 100% paint.net tut for snowman under creative tuts

merrychristmascard.png

Hidden Content:
merrychristmascard.png

Looks suspiciously like this-
Hidden Content:
finalsorryflattened.png

:wink:
Looks very nice, and it's really hard to tell that those trees aren't from a picture. I definitely wouldn't mind getting that as a Christmas Card.
You make your snowmen weird though, mine are usually 3 giant snowballs stacked up. :?

Sigil_Top.png

Sigil_Bottom.png

(Click top half for DeviantArt gallery) (Click bottom half for Paint.NET gallery)

:lol: here the snow is very dry doesn't roll into nice round balls. you need to pack them up like that sometimes to get the height. and yes you are right I just recycled my 100% paint.net background and added snow. Had to hide that wicked deer somehow. :lol: It also is an experiment in getting falling snow to look decent and to figure out how to add snow to tree branches so it doesn't just look like a blob of white paint brush.

ciao OMA

Nice oma, I think it looks pretty good, it would be harder to do balls instead.

theshroud.png

I have recently got better at starscapes, and have figured out an awesome nebula technique, and i think this picture looks pretty good :D , is it good enough for a tut?

falkengasgiant.png

100% Paint.net

"I'm the evil fairy witch. Since I'm so evil, I'm locking this pointless thread" -Pyrochild