Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

@barbieq, I like the jewel piece!

The border around the jewel looks really nice and gold like.

Background rocks too :D

How about this new spacescape of mine? ( I know it comes no where close to rivaling falken's but i though i would give it a try)

Any sugestions are greatly welcome because im still looking to fix this piece up :)

spacescape6.jpg

What is the blurry bit at the top & bottom of the planet? Needs a bit of AA there or lose it. Don't like the cross shaped star.

I do like the planet texture & the nebula (?) to the right. That is really well done. You are improving each time.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

What is the blurry bit at the top & bottom of the planet? Needs a bit of AA there or lose it. Don't like the cross shaped star.

I do like the planet texture & the nebula (?) to the right. That is really well done. You are improving each time.

I believe the Blurry spot at the top left of the planet is supposed to be a sun glare if im correct?

(correct me if im wrong mayor.)

PDNwarriors <---- Click and Join :lol:

spinrendersig.jpg

The World Is Your Canvas

@Spin, yes thats right. Didn't turn out to well :lol:

On the whole the image is good just needs a tweak. Don't toss it because it is salvagable & worth it.

You can easily correct this if you still have the .pdn file. (I highly recommend saving the .pdn & again in another format such as .png or the horrible .jpg).

With the magic wand select the outside of the planet layer. Go to the layer(s) with the sun reflection & delete.

OJ glass is good at the top but the bottom really lets it down.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

@Spin, yes thats right. Didn't turn out to well :lol:

On the whole the image is good just needs a tweak. Don't toss it because it is salvagable & worth it.

You can easily correct this if you still have the .pdn file. (I highly recommend saving the .pdn & again in another format such as .png or the horrible .jpg).

With the magic wand select the outside of the planet layer. Go to the layer(s) with the sun reflection & delete.

I still have the .pdn but the thing is when ever i erase the glow around the planet it leaves a dark spot in front of the planet which i think looks even worse (i think its because of the clouds needed to make the nebula.)

I could post a screenie if you need to see what i mean.

@ Barbieq, I think it is the best jeweled piece you have done to date. It's simply beautiful ! The background is stunning, the gold setting is intricate but not over done, but most of all the jewel is breathtaking. The light reflections you added make it shimmer. Beautiful !

@ Mayor, I think it looks really good. I agree, I don't like the large blurry cross shaped star. I think you could benefit from the star brush someone posted in the Custom Brushes mini thread. Still, I think it's pretty good. Nice texture on the planet, nice gaseous clouds, and a dense starfield. Keep up the good work. I think you have really improved in the past couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing more stuff from you.

This is a piece I posted in my gallery a few days ago. I've been busy on a new project and didn't take the time to post it until now.

The Henge

th_TheHenge.png

I must warn you, it's a very large piece. 1440 X 900 pix.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

A wonderful image! Even these spiders look quite cute. I love the way the one is getting beamed up. Not sure that it's too comfortable with the idea judging by the look on it's face.

Brilliant textures too.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Barbieq, Possum, Mayor_McSteeze, great work everyone :)

This was inspired by work Possum posted on the Fans site by his cousin Mark

and is loosely based around those works and Lonesome Dove, 100%PDN

( small series of WIP's are also posted in my gallery)

CowboyPortraitV2-1.png

Spectacular! Everything about it is well done. Highlights/shadows & colours. I like the introspective look on his face. Well done!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

A Fleeting Glimpse: I kinda miss a neck to finish it off, since the head is just floating in the air.. But the face is excellent, very beautifully done! :)

I just finished this one:

panda_01_lille.png

signature.png

Barbieq & 0(-.-)0 : thanks for the comments

@ Trine0 : I'm going to add more into the work, part body, change the background etc. but my weird sense of humour took over and i just thought the expression on his face kind of suited his head floating around on an abstract background with him saying " What the h*** is this, where's ma body ? how did i get here ?" :lol::lol:

Love the baby Panda, great work :)

@ AFG, I know Mark would have been very honored that you created this piece. Thank you very much. It really means a lot to me. It is such an amazing piece, you are a man of rare talent. Thanks again.

@TrineO, That is absolutely fantastic ! I really like the hair texture, it reminds me of how Helen did the fur on her spring kitten. Very very nice.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE