Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

what a cutie! It reminds me of madagascar penguins. "Smile and wave boys...smile and wave".

Thanks ! I loved that movie.

I didn't put a caption on it, but I think he is thinking "This better be fish !"

Or, "I was a good boy all year and all I got from Santa was this stupid hat."

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Well, I finally got my computer working again! (Let's see how long that lasts) so I decided to make a picture of an elf woman. I don't like how it turned out (the hair looks too heavy, but I can't fix it.) but I thought it was realistic enough to put here.

Elf-Woman%20%28Finished%29.jpg

click to enlarge

I also made this a while back but never actually posted it. It is supposed to be a really big tree (reaching into the clouds big), but instead it turned into a piece of grainy broccoli. :oops:

Mana%20Tree.jpg

click to enlarge

Tell me what you guys think! :)

Signature%5Bsmall%5D%20%28Finished%29.jpg

@ Vagitoe, Nice elf! maybe make the ears a bit longer and more pointy... Your tree, I like it!

@ AmadeusX, I can't see your image.....

now are 2 pics from me....I'm not on much because I study a lot lately... but well... I did make time to make 2 pics.. I should have written the AiSnapS logo into the ribbon on the heart... but well.. also like it like this

4209453202_60002800c0.jpg

4216276580_d259daeccb.jpg

Back from the dead :D Please tell me this looks realistic.

As I was scrolling, it looked extremely realistic, but then I saw the Aliased edges... You did a very good job making it look 3D though.

Aislin, try the image-modification thread. :wink:

Sigil_Top.png

Sigil_Bottom.png

(Click top half for DeviantArt gallery) (Click bottom half for Paint.NET gallery)

@ aguba you might try alias before running feather to fix the AA problem. I find that it is something I couldn't work without anymore.

@ olav Beautiful image ! The stones look so real. The water might look more realistic if there were some movement in it. It looks so calm, that is unless that is what you were going for and in that case, it's spot on.

This is something I finished this week. Thanks to Yellowman for his help on understanding where I was going wrong with the perspective. It's still not perfect, but you should have seen the original :lol: Thanks to Welshblue for a quick lesson on wood texture, Lance, Chad, Goonie, BarbieQ,Oma, AFG, and Helen for putting up with my rants while doing this piece.

The Dart Game

TheDartGameRevisited.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

:lol: nice possum, it would have taken a while, something im not sure i'd have the patience for, but it looks awesome,

here's one of my pieces, trying to create a realistic lens flare-100% pdn

solace.png

falkengasgiant.png

100% Paint.net

"I'm the evil fairy witch. Since I'm so evil, I'm locking this pointless thread" -Pyrochild

guys remember give the person a critique before you post an image don't just run over them.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Looks good, but the orange/yellow planet is too bright/distracting

That "planet" is a sun.

I love it, if it's a sun or a planet, still love it :lol:

SIG.png

MENU.pngPHOTOBUCKET.png~originalHYVES.png

@ Jerry

In that case it's not bright enough

@Falken

Sorry that I forgot to comment on yours, that is a fabulous piece, only the planet/saturn (left bottem) looks weird

Bye Bye PDN!

That`s an excellent planet yy10 , especially as it`s your first. The texture is fine. I would happily use a texture like that on one of mine. Nice atmosphere, good shadows. Not a lot wrong with it really.Well done. :wink:

Here`s one I`ve just finished. 100% PDN. :D -

TimelessWatch.jpg

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Awesome detail, Goonfella. Looks similar to one of my dad's old watches.

...So, what's with the compass display? I'm pretty sure North isn't always going to be the direction you're pointing the watch.

Sigil_Top.png

Sigil_Bottom.png

(Click top half for DeviantArt gallery) (Click bottom half for Paint.NET gallery)