That moment when your dreams get ruined. (to become a mod)

Hi guys..

I am creating this topic just to say something.. I just want to be a one of staff member here in this forum or game. If I go to apply for staff member to be a moderator in here, but I might get denied due to low age, cuz my age's 14

my dreams were to become a moderator in any forum on internet, I always felt like doing something useful for this community. I know that many people want to become staff members. I know that many of you guys really want to become a staff member, just because you want to help, but you are always denied. Believe me, I know that feeling very well. Please do not help other people just because you want to be noticed how much you care about the rules (actually you don't), or just because you want to become a mod. Help because you want to help. That's all.

1. Start by listening. When senior members of a forum take the time to tell you something you should listen very carefully.

2. Read the rules. Obviously you still haven't, because this thread is in direct violation of rule #19  Forum Rules.  Failing to read and abide by the rules is going to earn you a poor reputation. Our tolerance for repeat offenders is low.

3. Staff here are not elected or hired. They are appointed. When another is required, we generally select senior members whose contribution(s) are long, selfless and of a high quality. Most of the Mods and Admins here have both a high post count AND a high reputation. There is a reason for that. They have added value to the forum for a number of years.

• Upvote 3

1. Start by listening. When senior members of a forum take the time to tell you something you should listen very carefully.

2. Read the rules. Obviously you still haven't, because this thread is in direct violation of rule #19  Forum Rules.  Failing to read and abide by the rules is going to earn you a poor reputation. Our tolerance for repeat offenders is low.

3. Staff here are not elected or hired. They are appointed. When another is required, we generally select senior members whose contribution(s) are long, selfless and of a high quality. Most of the Mods and Admins here have both a high post count AND a high reputation. There is a reason for that. They have added value to the forum for a number of years.

you can have all that but it also helps if you speak a different languages the more the better and even with all the helping on the servers you might want to get letters posted to Admins or (mods)..for   a letter of recommendation to say you have done stuff in helping on the in-game chat and in forum

I'm generally talking about mods in the chat and game (games)

As there is no application process to become a moderator here, letters of recommendation are not very helpful. Like EER said, moderators are selected by the staff members when moderators are needed. There's nothing else to it.

In general, if you wish to be in a position of authority, you need at least to understand how the place works. Bluntly put, a moderator who doesn't even know the rules would be quite pointless. Given the number of rule violations you have committed, I don't think you are even at that level yet.

• Upvote 2

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

You have created 4 accounts here at this forum, 3 of which have been banned.  Not a good start.

You post tons of useless drivel...

You don't even use paint.net...

And, you ask to be a mod?!  :lol:

Go away before I ban you again.

• Upvote 4

How times have changed.  When I was fourteen I had no TV, no phone (no E.T. either ;) ) no flush-able toilet, as I was living in the bush in Africa (you had to look before sitting :lol: )  No comics, I pods, I pads - or such things like that.

The only star/war games for me was sitting on the ground (before looking too) to watch the stars and planets in space.

I miss the simplicity of those times and I think that perhaps some fourteen-year-olds are just spoiled brats with no manners or decorum :/

Edited by Pixey
  • Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

One of this characters previous aliases (ERE) sent me some explicit PM's, no matter what he did in the future to redeem himself, he would never get respect from me, not as a member / comp host or (I dread to think) as a mod. Guys like this should have an IQ test before even having access to the internet (including a smartphone)  

• Upvote 4

Y7O8WRy.png

Hi guys..

I am creating this topic just to say something.. I just want to be a one of staff member here in this forum or game. If I go to apply for staff member to be a moderator in here, but I might get denied due to low age, cuz my age's 14

my dreams were to become a moderator in any forum on internet, I always felt like doing something useful for this community. I know that many people want to become staff members. I know that many of you guys really want to become a staff member, just because you want to help, but you are always denied. Believe me, I know that feeling very well. Please do not help other people just because you want to be noticed how much you care about the rules (actually you don't), or just because you want to become a mod. Help because you want to help. That's all.

Hello. :)

I'm writing this to you because I'm hoping you will read it. Age doesn't have to matter, but mature people and good moderators will have patience and read through even lengthy forum posts.

If someone wants to be a moderator, then they need to learn what a moderator even does. Yes moderators are their to help people, but that's not all they do. Moderators moderate a forum to make sure rules are followed, to watch that people are behaving and being respectful of each other, the forums are kept clean from spam, moderators ban people, and they manage threads such as moving them and locking them.

People need to think carefully if they want to help people or if they want to be a moderator to manage the forums. If people want to help other people, then they can. You don't have to be a moderator to help people. If people really have a heart for helping other people, then nobody is stopping them from helping others except themselves.

Everyday average people can be like invisible super heroes B). If they're not looking to help people for the sake of recognition and fame, then they should be fine with helping without the title of moderator. ;)

So, how can people help other people? :HelpTopics:

In the real world, off the internet, give people food, if a person drops something pick it up for them, go clean up litter and trash in your town, look for little things you can do and then do as many of them as you can.

What about helping people online? The best way to help people on the internet is to teach them or be able to answer their questions. You don't need to be a moderator in order to answer people's questions.

Alright, how do you answer people's questions? You need to learn and gain knowledge, you have to have answers in order to give answers. When people come to forums, it's normally because they want answers that will help them with specific issues.

Here is an example to consider; you can't save a drowning person if you yourself don't know how to swim.

So then, if you want to help with a game, then learn the game and gain knowledge of the game. When you know enough about the game, you will then be able to help give answers about the game. If you want to help with paint.net, then learn about paint.net and how to use it. If you become an expert in a game or a more advanced user of paint.net, then you can be a super helpful person by making good quality tutorials. However, you need to know what a bad tutorial is and what a good tutorials is, or you won't be helping anyone, you will just be making clutter that will be both annoying to other users and a hindrance to the moderators. :(

You want to help people right? Then remember, being mean doesn't help people. Being annoying doesn't help people. Being inconsiderate doesn't help people. If you can't be a moderator, then help the moderators by sticking to forum rules and encouraging others to stick to the rules. :)

Forum rules exist in order to keep forums safe, organized, respectful, and for paint.net's forum rules, they help keep the forums family-friendly. By supporting the rules and valuing them, you are supporting the community and helping to keep it safe and welcoming to other users. If you want to help the community, then you should value the rules, because their purpose is to help the community. :star:

Remember, moderators are part of the forum community too. By disobeying the forum rules you are being disrespectful to the moderators. Respect the community, and respect the moderators :).  Being disrespectful can sometimes be considered rude and mean :(.

Now then, if you truly have your heart set on being a forum moderator, then perhaps you should consider having your own forums. :cake::D

Make one here: http://www.createaforum.com/

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles
  • Upvote 1

One of this characters previous aliases (ERE) sent me some explicit PM's, no matter what he did in the future to redeem himself, he would never get respect from me, not as a member / comp host or (I dread to think) as a mod. Guys like this should have an IQ test before even having access to the internet (including a smartphone)  

So sorry to read about this Oceana - this guy is now viewed by me as a pervert.   I think we should ALL now resist in posting when he creates new threads, which will be obvious.  This now past being amusing.

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

So sorry to read about this Oceana - this guy is now viewed by me as a pervert.   I think we should ALL now resist in posting when he creates new threads, which will be obvious.  This now past being amusing.

Please do that everyone. I am locking this thread. 

Banhammer please!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

This guy should have been ISP banned after doing that. 

You're not wrong, but in this case there were extenuating circumstances. We risked banning a very large number of people if we banned his IP range, and we'd prefer to not block off (potentially) an entire country for one person's idiocy.
  • Upvote 1

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.