Sig Battles (ENTRIES/VOTING ONLY)

chrisco97

Scooter already has voted ;)

Both are very nicely crafted.

However my vote goes to Mike, as his has a solid compact aspect (text-color -"electric flame") to clearly get  his message/name across.

Beta0 your background effects are almost ethereal, very nice.  The text color however, gets lost into the background, losing its value as a signature. Though I do like the font.

MikeRobe           1 

Beta0                  0    

oh contraire mon ami  (aren't I just too continental?) I did cast my vote for this pair. a041677f.gifYepee!  

So in following the rules (well mostly, at least the ones, I like) I am prohibited from casting another vote.  So I am "frozen out" cube-glace_zps1911dc7c.gif so's to speak

But THANK YOU for your vote .......

.........NEXT!

• Upvote 1

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

's all good

Scooter

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

• 3 weeks later...

Totally forgot to maketh a vote when I last dropped by. 

Beta - The colours are really pleasing on the eye, but I think the text gets lost in certain parts of the background, still a nice work though.

MikeRobe - I do like the green and black combination and the cool pattern / dots you have in different shades of green clinches the deal for me and you get my vote :)

I really do hate to make a choice sometimes.

So if I am following the scores right. It is: 

MikeRobe - 3

Beta(0) - 1

Making MikeRobe the winner in this round.

And....As Scooter may say:

Next!

ZXCBOoZ.png

Thank You nitenurse for polishing off this long suffering contest. a3de4dcb.gif

so to copy your comment of, NEXT!

is ........ME 

with my grand grubby effort..  265a0db1-20c6-476a-890b-a82f6602c23f_zps

well I like it ---sorta...

.now back to my day job...... f643c74f.gif 

Edited by Scooter

Scooter

AhHHH. Its nice to be back. Its been a while. 

Scooter: love you r simplicity, however I think your current sig is even better.  The color blending and your blur is top notch.

Nitenurse: I'm a fan of yours but this one didn't do it for me. maybe it's just the style im not fond of ( looks like a rappers pendant on a chain lol) however I see no real issues

With that being said this was a difficult choice. Both were great but it came down to personal preference. and for that I vote for scooter.

Scooter:1

Nitenurse:0

red_girl_with_gun.png

Scooter : I like the blended colors and the abstract, nice job on those aspects. However, maybe it's just a tad too blurry for me, and I think a different font would have added a better touch. It's still a very cool siggy though, and both the colors and the abstract look nice together.

Nitenurse : I really like the glassy textured background of your signature. I also think the font you used is cool. However, the filling you used for your text, yes it is neat, but at the same time something about it isn't really appealing to me. I guess I'm confused on how I'm to interpret your text's filling. Even if it is a type of abstract, I'm just not really sure what to make of it. Some abstracts are eye catchers for me, while others kind of go over my head. All together I think your siggy is tiny bit shiny, a little cool, and neat. That's not a bad combo, nice work. :)

Great job both of you! And thank you for sharing your signatures. I am happy to see people participating in things like this as it makes the forums more fun. <3

Now, drum rollllll please! Here is my vote! Dun, dundun!

Scooter! Chalk one up for Him! 1

It was a hard choice, but for once, even though I love shiny things, simplicity gets my vote this time.

Scooter : 2

Nitenurse : 0

• 1 month later...

Scooter, nice job. Very simple, and the positioning and 'shattered' effect of the black lines hits me. :abigthumbsupforyou:

Nitenurse, also a nice job. It looks really industrial to me, and the text has a very unique texture. However, I feel as if the whole image was 'too' complex. Maybe the text could have done with a bit less complexity. Anyway, an overall good job! :alsoabigthumbsupforyou:

Tis tough to decide on a winner here, but my vote goes to

Scooter :trophy:

That's:

Scooter-3

Nitenurse-0  (sorry... you can have a beer though... :beer: )

It's always hard to choose between things like this.

Scooter wins, and in tribute...

NEXT!

signature.png

:cookie-chocolate: I baked another one...

I am truly and most humbly grateful for all you responses.  To have a success, while being challenged by such a major talent as nitenurse,   is most surprising to me.

Thank You .

Scooter

RFX  well crafted design. The background is "design-y" enough to carry its self, but with it being an illustration of something, gives it a plus. The textover is both inspiring (content) and legible.  As to  the legibility point, I am not so much of a fan of black outlying, in this case.  I feel you could have chosen another dark color within the color pallet of the whole signature. As it is, the black is only in the outline and becomes a bit of a discordant color over powering the rest

That said I do like the submission.

Cc4fuzzHuggles ,  WOW!  the psychedelic 60's are BACK!! -Right On -man! b8fc0fe0.gif  This is so wild, but well constrained by your solid borders.  The text reads easily and cleanly and keeps the wild colorfulness as a vibrant background. As do the two curved lines helping control the effect. Well Done.

Cc4fuzzHuggles ,  1

RFX      0

Scooter

• 2 months later...
Both are very nice for different reasons.

RFX - I really do like the chrome / shiny text you have and the race track (?) background is really well made with some nice detail / depth. Very clean and impressive.  

Cc4FuzzyHuggles - The background is really nice and funky, the colours are well chosen, I think the colour of the font  let's it down, it would have looked really cool if it was vivid yellow (or your trade mark shiny / glossy things)

To score - I award 1 point to RFX and 0 to Cc4fuzzyHuggles (even though it is a nice signature) 

Updated score is now -

RFX - 1

Cc4FuzzyHuggles - 1

Y7O8WRy.png

RFX: I really like how it pretty much shows the progress of the drawing being "drawn" as well as the depth and detail put into it!

Cc4FuzzyHuggles: Really nice effects put into this one. Like how everything just goes together even with all of the different colors and stuff. I'd really like to know how you did some of the things you did in it to maybe adopt some in my art or something.

This is a really hard choice, but here it goes.

RFX - 2

Cc4FuzzyHuggles - 1

OH, Come On  PDNers question-mark.gif

Cc4fuzzHuggles  & RFX   are two fine contributors, they deserve our respect for having entered their signatures to be voted on.

May 14 & 17 was a long time ago.  

Thanks to  Oceana & JulioCoolio for their votes.

Now the rest of you, get your "vote" on......we're waiting on YOU Finger_pointing_zpsd47cfde7.jpg

I'm goin' back ta work, now 

med3d-arrosage_zps21be9c2e.gif

• Upvote 1

Scooter

RFX - A very, very clean sig, as JulioCoolio mentions, I really like the idea of how it shows it being drawn, a lot of work has gone into making it and the end result is stunning - I give you my vote. 

Cc4Fuzzyhuggles - I agree on the background being nice and colourful, I just don't really like the black frame and the text could have worked  better if it had the same texture as the background, but in a different colour (perhaps using colour flip rotate plugin)

I have to also agree that it is hard to vote for only one, but RFX clinches the deal for me.

The score on the door is now:

RFX - 3

Cc4FuzzyHuggles - 1

This makes RFX the winner this time round. Well done :)

And......As we all now know, our beloved Scooter would say:

Next.......

And while I'm here, I may as well enter this one  :)

sotw110_zpsca07cdad.png

ZXCBOoZ.png

Sorry if I got "out of hand" or "out of sorts" there for a moment 384a4b7d.gif

But A big thank-you_zpsea1c35d7.gif 

to nitenurse79 for stepping in and giving us a fine 1st place winner and, a favorite of mine, our 2nd place winner, in this challenge. Congratulations  

it's about time mumble mumble 

So, to quote  her, quoting me, quoting.......

.... uh, well,..

..I mean, uh,.....

.... who is, next?   254f0e94.gif

Can you even come close to nitenurs79's style and talented entry? 

Note to the Moderator:

cat_zps9adfcb2b.jpg 

Scooter

.... who isnext?   254f0e94.gif

Can you even come close to nitenurs79's style and talented entry? 

Me...

But wait, I'm not interested in becoming the contender... Because I have different talents and strengths than her. And I'm an underdog.

Somehow I'm still considering my participation just for conveying the important message in this siggie banner.

( Latest update : Banner being removed, since I decide to withdraw from the competition. )

Update :  Officially withdrawing from the competition.

Edited by Nai

ba2ec8c.png

Hmmm. A little bit political Nai.

Agreed. We all have opinions / reactions to things going on in the world, I don't think they have a place on a forum for artwork to be shown or entered in a competition.

Back on topic:

Nitenurse - Great colours from you as always, love the whole glossy look to it and the background is amazing, nice font and the reflection works just right - 1 point.

Nai - I agree with your sentiment / message, but as mentioned above, it's not really the place for it here. A nice design and that's all - 0 point.

Score:

Nitenurse - 1

Nai - 0

Well done to RFX for winning the last round :)

BREtKQW.png

I don't see the problem, as I've stated in the discussion topic.

Nitenurse - Don't like the colours, but the fore- and background work together pretty well. It's the red on the top of the 'i' and 't' that puts me off most, because it's on a green/blue background.

Nai - Nice idea and composition, but it just doesn't turn out well IMO. The focal is where it should be, although I'm a bit too much distracted by the deep colours on the right in contrast with the black and white and colours with much less saturation on the left. Furthermore I don't like the black border around MH17, it makes it feel like it isn't really part of the composition, although it's the 2nd most important word in the sig. It's a pity you made 'for' bright red and 'justice' and 'MH17' black/white, because that makes you look at the 'for' first, which obviously is just a word to glue 'justice' and 'MH17' together. Also the blur around the fist could be a bit smoother. Furthermore, the text in the bottom left isn't readable, so it's a bit unnecessary.

So my point goes to NN ^^

Nitenurse - 2

Nai - 0

ParaduxSig_zps7c40fba5.png

Before going even further, thank you chimay12321 for your objectivity and professionalism. This is the first time I'm swaying away from my comfort zone and where my core energy is- youthful, innocent art and pastel colours-to do some experiments with shaded, bold and striking colours. I learned a lot from you and your comments.

I realized that I have switched on the fire or hitting the bee hives, so with all humbleness I'm officially withdrawing myself from the competition. By God Will, there're will be a great lad who will take over my place in the competition, sooner or later.

Cheerio !

Edited by Nai

ba2ec8c.png