Sig Battles (ENTRIES/VOTING ONLY)

chrisco97

No one has entered for a long time. I think it's frowned upon to enter twice in a row, but this would be dead otherwise.

HeavyMetalSig_zpsceedcc5f.png

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

NMD - Very hard to pull off a vertical sig ( I know I have tried ) and this one just doesn't do it,sorry :(

Edit - Didn't mean to sound too harsh and it has actually grown on me but point still goes to Xzeri

Xzerizon - Just seen this sig in image battles and thought WOW! I love it +1

NMD21 - 0

Xzerizon - 1

Edited by minners71

NinjaManDan21 - A vertical sig is probably not practical, but that's not the criteria here.  I like that you've stepped outside the box a little with the orientation.  It has instant appeal and keeps drawing my eye back to it - kind of like a story I want to find out more about.

Xzerizon - Clean.  Fresh.  Elegant.  It pops out at you when you first see it.  Perhaps a tiny bit cramped width wise, but otherwise an outstanding sig.

It's tough to make a decision on this one.... Would like to give both a point.  Eventually decided that Xzerizon (Zay-Re-Zon?) gets the point.

NMD21 - 0

Xzerizon - 2

Both NinjaManDan & Xzerizon have great entries. Dan's is one of the most detailed sig's I've ever seen! I had to go with Xzeri's as the futuristic metallic look plus the 3-dimensional letters adding depth to the sig really won me over! Great job you two! :D

NinjaManDan - 0

Xzerizon - 3

Xzerizon is the winner of this round of Sig Battles! :D

To start off the next round, I would like to toss this into the battle and wish good luck to the challenger! :D (edit: minor revision)

paintnetgrafitti7.png

Edited by RFX

RFX5A1.jpg

Both of you have great entries.   but stylistically and technically I go for Drew's.

Though if the reverse lettering had just a bit less intensity on the shadowing/outlining it would "feel" better/less in your face, to me ( if you're confused so am Iconfused0082-1.gif )  But regardless the reflections are spectacular.

RFX - 0

Drew Dale - 1

• Upvote 1

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

• 2 weeks later...

RFX, yours feels a little too fuzzy to me. Not that that's bad, I just prefer things to be a bit more sharp and clear cut. I do like the drip effect and the colors you used.

Drew, I agree with what has been said before. The higher contrast with the reflection's shadow draws my eyes to it instead of the actual text. The perspective effect is pretty good, and I do like the choice of font.

My vote:

RFX-0

Drew Dale-2

Edited by nightcrafter27
  • Upvote 1

As Nightcrafter says. RFX sig has some nice ideas in his sig, but it is a little too blurry for my liking, a lighter (or less) drop shadow might have worked better.

DrewDale on the other hand has got a really clean and glassy clipwarp effect going on and the angled text draws my eye to the upper text. This gets my vote.

The score now is:

RFX - 0

DrewDale - 3

Making DrewDale the winner. 

• Upvote 1

ZXCBOoZ.png

Thanks for the input you guys and congrats Drew! :D I haven't had much time in creating anything decent lately due to work but I did a little bit on my siggy and avatar just now as I felt they were unfinished and used the ideas you guys gave me. :D I would enter another siggy but for the sake of fairness, I won't so 2 others can as I'd hate to hog all the battles lol.

Good luck to the next 2 battling! :D

RFX5A1.jpg

Both did great jobs as I like the reflections in NN79's siggy but I also liked Dan's theme as I'm also very much into astrophysics. I had to go with Dan's as I love the glowing letters and use that quite often.

Daniels - 1

NN79 - 0

RFX5A1.jpg

Daniels - I love the shiny text but the placement is not to my liking, perhaps if you removed the right hand side planet, moved the text to the right and softened the drop shadow it would work a lot better - 0

Nitenurse79 - The frame is not really needed, but I do love the background and font, nice rich colours too - 1

Score now:

Daniels - 1

Nitenurse79 - 1

swIFX9v.png

In Daniel's entry the drop shadow around the letters fits with the background. In Nightnurse's entry the drop shadow does not fit and takes away from a great background. Both entries have excellent backgrounds but the drop shadows have me deciding in favor of Daniels on this one. 

Daniels= 2

Nitenurse= 1

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

• 5 weeks later...

getsmileyCAZEBL4S-1.gif ZZZZzzz,Snork, cough, OH, just work up and see there's still a game on.....

Daniels  your shiny text  is very clean and the background is clean and clear. 

Nitenurse79 -was not sure about the frame but the background seems to need it. like the way your letters reflect and have a metallic sheen.    

Score now:

Daniels -2

Nitenurse79 - 2

NEXT! voter please

Scooter

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

Daniels, I admire the evenness of the shine across your letters. I'm unsure of the background, but it doesn't detract from your name and lets the viewer know your interest.

Nitenurse, your letters blend into the background too much. A different color would have made your name pop.

Daniels - 3

Nitenurse - 2

SloppySig.png

noobsig.png

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Oceana - Like the simplicity of it but afraid pdnnoob beats you on this one.

pdnnoob - Great sig probably just let down by the font and text placement but that is one of the hardest things to get right.

Oceana - 0

pdnnoob - 1

Oceana - I too like the simplicty.  As the text and background very ably support each other.  Dare I say "clean" ----- water, clean, ? -e1eb136c.gif--never mind 

pdnnoob -  I'm put offconfused0082-1.gif (off put?) by the inconsistency in the sharpness/ blur of the objects,  as well as a strange "shadow" on the blue object that seems to be at odds with the rest of the shapes.

Please understand I DO like the sig's overall look and the colors (colours).

Oceana -1

pdnnoob - 1

Scooter

Oceana - Love the text, it actually fits really well in this sig. The cleanliness of the sig almost cinched it. Buuut...

PDN - I actually love how some bits of the shape are in focus and some aren't. Overall I really like this sig, so you get my vote, but it would be a lot better without the text in my opinion.

Oceana - 1

PDN - 2

• 2 weeks later...

oceana - 1

pdn - 3

oceana - i like the originality, but im afraid pdnnoob wins

pdn - i like it, but the text takes away from it.

pdn wins

#winner pdnnoob

Edited by MrSNAREDOG

2ujsh7b.png