Sig Battles (ENTRIES/VOTING ONLY)

chrisco97

NMD - What can be said? just an amazing work of art, like Sasha says, I would love to see a larger image, but the perfection of it get's my vote :)

Daniels - I love the concept of the atom things you have here, but it would have been better with a different background, nice idea all the same.

Score update-

NMD - 2

Daniels - 1

ZXCBOoZ.png

The image was much larger (1444px by 534px) but i resized it for paint.net, then again so it was sig size for the competition. xD

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

NinjaMan's and Daniel's both look great and definitely took some time to create. I had to go with Ninjaman's just for the depth and realism aspects as it really does give a sort of gloomy and isolated feeling which totally matched the theme of that sig. Great job you guys! :D

NMD - 3

Daniel -1

NinjaMan wins this round of the Siggy battle competition, Congrats! :Dtoast.gif

...and now I shall chuck this into the battle just because I am a huge fan of the matrix effect and Dan seems to be as well! lol So I challenge with this... ummmmmm... matrix looking... thingy.... lol sorry it was thrown together to match my avatar tbh. :$

note: edited to tone down the brightness to avoid killing anyones eyes like it did mine....

Entry forfeited ... Still too bright. Sasha wins by default! Congrats lol

Edited by RFX

RFX5A1.jpg

RFX-->  Although I am a big fan of the matrix and I love the animated background,(also would like to know how to do it,lol),there is something about the guy in a baseball cap and the large letters that clash with it. Also the white light is a bit bright. 

Sasha--> You kept it simple,did a very nice job on the letters and background with just the right amount of shadow.

I have to give it to Sasha,no offense to RFX but his hurt my eyes,lol.

Sasha=1

RFX=0

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Yeah even i was like omg its a bit bright and edited it however to spare everyone from going blind i must withdraw my entry and declare sasha the winner. Lol and ill message you some tips and stuff when im back on my computer as im on my android atm. the show must go on so the next battlers are up! Good luck to all and great work btw sasha! Lol

RFX5A1.jpg

I will follow the rules, Especially this one - 

"9. If for some reason the opponent gets disqualified or quits, you may still use your signature again"

So my entry is still awaiting a challenger. 

Reason for edit - Re-entered because RFX pulled out of the battle.

sigbattle_zps501e28ba.png

Edited by sashwilko

swIFX9v.png

Well I hope I didn't make you quit RFX,it was still a very good entry and others might have given you votes. You should have left it. No one should get intimidated by anyone's comments on here,it is art and we all have different views.

My vote still stands for Sasha on this.

Red,I am afraid to comment now,lol,but it looks like a quick copy of Sasha's. 

Sasha=1

Red Ochre= 0

• Upvote 1

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

heh heh nah Skull no worries mate! I edited mine a few times and it still was too bright that it actually hurt my eyes. I was sort of 50/50 on whether I should even enter it as it had strayed from my original concept. :D

This is a tough call indeed, both have great elements I like, metal textures, reflective surfaces, and shadows. The nicely defined line on Sashas that highlight the upper-left portions of the text is one of my favs that I use quite often! Red Ochre's use of reflection along with earth-toned colors really brought out the depth in that image. For that I had to choose Red's but this was a very tough choice by the slimmest of margins as both are really great pieces! Excellent job you two! :D

sashwilko - 1

Red ochre - 1

Edited by RFX

RFX5A1.jpg

Sasha - Nice attempt but a bit too many jaggies for me :(

Red Ochre - Fantastic, very smooth and very shiny.  Feel like getting a cloth out and polishing it :)

Sasha - 1

Red Ochre - 2

Sasha, really nice colour choice, it looks like an old car logo. Love the shine in the middle of the background too :)

Red Ochre, The shine is excellent, the wide framework on the left and right, plus the two miss-placed screws spoil what would have been a point scorer.

Sasha - 2

Red Ochre - 2

Good on you by the way Sasha, for keeping within the rules and not taking a default win nomination ;)

ZXCBOoZ.png

:D Congrats to Sasha! Man ya'll gave me some epic ideas on logos I need to make for work! haha right on I owe ya'll a pizza or something...

After a bit of toying with stuff and NN mentioning plate screws, this entry is what I came up with...

rfxmetallic2.jpg

Good luck to the challenger! chearleader.gif lol is that not the cutest emote or what xD

edit - due to wrong dimension posted, derp

Edited by RFX

RFX5A1.jpg

OK it been awhile.

RFX, nice shine and the plate screws are a nice touch. Your corroded font maybe shouldn’t be as shiny as the back plate.

Skullbonz, the shadows behind the letters doesn't provide enough depth info as the overall sameness of gray flattens it all out.

RFX -1

Skullbones - 0

• Upvote 1

SloppySig.png

RFX, nice shine though, the screws are a bit indistinct, may it be the result of your resizing?

The corroded font, is... have you been looking at my bumper?

Skullbonz, good job of perspective and the text is nicely readable.  

But for me, it’s just too much of all the same color value; not enough contrast over all.

RFX -2

Skullbones - 0

• Upvote 1

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

RFX - Nice corrosion on the font and I think the metalic background is pretty cool.

Skullbonz - If the word - IN - was placed a little to the right it would have sealed the deal, that way all the words would be "in the box"  perhaps removing the colour frame too (not needed IMO)

RFX - 3

Skullbonz - 0

RFX wins B)

• Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png

Minners71. I like the concept of the joker being part of playing cards, very clever idea, nice and minimal too.

DrewDale. Nice use of tiles but the top and bottom are a little out of line, the clipwarp is cool on the text, but the W is slightly over the edge of the tile. I like it, but it really needed a clean up here and there.

I do hate to pick only one, but for this I give:

Minners71 - 1

DrewDale - 0

ZXCBOoZ.png

Minners71, I remember seeing that sig a time ago, maybe it was on your gallery or in another sig comp. I still like the idea and the elaboration. The only thing I've to say is that I think it would be nicer for the eye if the text was somewhat sharper

Drew, I like the glassy text, but maybe you could've made it a nice 3D sig?? Make the separated parts of the sig like glass boxes with a glass letter popping out? I think I'd love that, than the sky seems a bit 'emprisoned' in the glass boxen and it would make the whole sig a lot more vivid. 

Minnerst71 - 2 (you're lucky :P Mostly I don't like to vote for pics I've seen a long time before)

DrewDale - 0

ParaduxSig_zps7c40fba5.png