Sig Battles (ENTRIES/VOTING ONLY)

chrisco97

Nitenurse - I really like rainbows and the reflection below your text is quite well done. Overall a nice looking sig.

JulioCoolio - A very simple sig, I really like the glossy, 3D effect you have on the text, but I don't really like the test itself, it reminds me a little of comic sans. It's a really good looking sig but I would've liked it better if the font had been different.

The score is now:

Nitenurse - 1

JulioCoolio - 0

Check out my gallery/archive: here

Just keep on keeping on. ✌

nitenurse79 - I really like the reflections below your text they are the best you have done. The contrast color on the "i' and "t" are a bit over bright, though not easy to modify, with that effect. over all an easy to read signature with a nice background shape to keep the blandness away. Good color and composition. 

JulioCoolio - Thank you for stepping in. Your signature has a nice simple style that is accented by the use of the chosen colors,  The font used for your name is a bit unclear because of, I believe, the severe tilt of the letters and the excessive foggy shadow.  Granted you explained this is an early work and so not up to your current level, but I can only vote for what you kindly provided and given all that I do like it overall.

The score is now:

nitenurse79 - 2

JulioCoolio - 0

Now back to my day job

28_1_4.gif

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

Awww Thanks ya'll as that's greatly appreciated! I just wanted to make something that inspires creation as that's the best part of graphic design in my opinion. Lol I can't find the blushyface emote so I'll just make one... blushi10.png

"...I learned a lot from you and your comments."

@Nai, I've also withdrawn a few of my entries just as I wasn't content with the design which happens to everyone from time to time and is no biggie k. I've picked up a lot of good tips that helped me improve my designs and is more valuable than anything else. Whether it's a win or a loss, you gain experience and is never a bad thing!

On to the sig battle, both are very good entries and honestly is a hard one to choose which one I like more as I like both pretty evenly.  I like the 3D depth aspect in Julio's sig and the lighting aspect on the text which is something I also use in a lot of my stuff. Well done Julio! :D  I like NN79's design as well with the mirror reflection effect and abundance of color really stands out. There is one detail which I noticed that ties all those things together which really makes the image pop... if you look in the background, it's a music CD! Awesome job NN79! :D  Although I didn't get to see Nai's entry, the effort made in making it shows Nai rocks! :D

It was a hard decision indeed, however my vote goes to NN79 for incorporating music into a sig! Great job to all 3 participants in this round in which NN79 is declared the winner! :trophy-silver:

Nitenurse - 3
JulioCoolio - 0

....and with that being said, best of luck to the next 2 challengers. Let the next sig battle commence! :D

• Upvote 1

RFX5A1.jpg

Sasha Very clever. The brilliant colors of the fruit are beautifully contained by the "edging". All in all a very colorful and legible creation, and dare I say, tasty too. 

Riddley while not my 'cupa",  I must credit your creativity.   There seem to be 3 elements, separated from each other, not combined on the same plane.  My concern is the disconnect between the object/text. For example the saw blade, its reflection and the pool of red. I think if you have a saw blade sitting in a pool of red, the blades reflection would not show the teeth almost touching the original blade, but obscured by the pool of reds own reflection.

Sasha     1

Riddley   0

Scooter

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

• 1 month later...

Sasha - I really like the edge around the text (almost chrome) the light and shade going on around the background is really nice and the fruit seals the deal for me  1 point to the young Lady 

Riddley - The text and the blade are really creative, the background is nice too, but the blood reflection is just too much for me, it would work better if it was less intense  great concept, but I will have to skip a point on this one. 

The score is now:

Sasha - 2

Riddley - 0 

ZXCBOoZ.png

• 3 weeks later...

Both Sasha and Ridley have great entries. I like the blood splatter effect and overall theme of Ridley's, sort of horror film style. :D Sasha's has that illusion of depth thing which really does make it stand out in my opinion (along with the fruit as I'm like forever eating lol). Both designs were really good and was a hard one to choose between the two however based on realistic detail, my vote is for Sasha's which is the winner of this round, congrats and major kudos to both entries, great work you two!

Sasha - 3

Riddley - 0

On a side note, I really like Jay-F's creation. It's not common to see something with fashion design as the theme and it came out really well! ^5 :D

RFX5A1.jpg

@skkiran - please read the competition rules in the first post of this thread: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/18538-sig-battles-entriesvoting-only/

Lloyd- I like your concept. I like your font! Good Sig! :)

Nai- Very colorful and artistic! I really like the color scheme, you did a good job mixing them. I think you've done a great job!

This is a tough choice, but I lean more toward Nai's sig.

Nai - 2

Lloyd- 0

PS: Nai, I think you sort of wash your username out. The white letters don't bring it out very well. I did not judge this as you may have wanted it this way. I'm new here and I understand that the way you make sigs may be different than from the other forums I come from. Very good work! :)

Edited by Chuck38

"What's the good of living if you don't try a few things?" -Charles M Schulz

Both are really nice entries.

Lloyd - I like the dark / light shades you have towards the center of your sig and the dark font outline is really good too, plus blue is a very calm colour to me too - 1 point.

Nai - You have made a very nice pastel design to your sig, the white letters is hard to read (for me) nice concept, but  - 0 point from me (sorry)

So to count scores:

Nai - 2

Lloyd - 1

Y7O8WRy.png

Good job both of you.clap.gif

The dark/light of Lloyds is more dramatic and catches the eye.  While Nai's has a softness and playful quality.

As you can see by my bumbling phrasing I'm hard pressed to choose. question-mark.gif

But choose I must, so the scores now:

Nai - 2

Lloyd - 2

Scooter

• 3 weeks later...

Hope all had a happy Halloween! On to the battle... Both entries are good ones indeed! I personally like the light rays & futuristic theme Lloyd used only slightly better however I gotta give credit to Nai not just for the actual look of the sig, but mostly the detail that went into isolating the hands section of an existing image then removing the flower stem from the hands so it looks as though it was never even there. Working with existing images can be quite time consuming but when done properly, the end result comes out really well and her sig pretty much did which won my vote.

This round of Sig Battles goes to Nai, congrats and great job to both artists! :D

Nai - 3 :trophy:

Lloyd - 2

May the next round commence and wishes the best of luck to both designers! B)

Nai - 2

Lloyd - 2

note: I forgot to add, I liked how you color coded the names there which matched the themes colors for both entries. I have this thing with matching colors but I swear it's not OCD... just a quirk that's coincidentally close to it... lol :lol: Edited by RFX

RFX5A1.jpg

Alright, I'll toss in this one which is part of my Youtube channel made a while back. I've wanted to make one this style for a while now as I've seen a few of them around this forum. 100% PDN made images / BB code written entirely in MS notepad. :D

rfxban10.png

home10.jpgmedia10.jpgaudio10.jpggames10.jpgcontac10.jpg

RFX5A1.jpg

• 1 month later...

We finally got two, and are ready to battle!

Uses a silhouette image from http://www.freepik.com/free-icon/paintbrush-symbol_696015.htm

I just whipped this up as a joke... I'll be switching my sig back in a few days. I hope no one else has already done this imageshack gag.

shack-sig.png

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Lol! Niiice, I used to use imageshack a lot and totally got the reference, I've no idea if anyone has done it on here but I know a group called anti-sec did on imageshack directly a couple years ago. I was heated when they changed my background to some weird manifesto and my page got deleted. Still it was kinda funny. xD

RFX5A1.jpg