[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

I will try to open the poll tomorrow (7th December) for some reason, I am unable to set it up. Will contact a mod to get it looked into.

As far as I can tell, the poll never shows up in the preview. You'll need to actually post the poll for it to show up.

• Upvote 1

As far as I can tell, the poll never shows up in the preview. You'll need to actually post the poll for it to show up.

Indeed, you are right sir, many thanks for your help. Poll now open people. Top class entries from all involved. Best of luck to all B)

BREtKQW.png

I think what's confusing Ishi is what initially confused me. In the past, I believe, the poll was posted as a modification of the entry thread rather than as a new thread.

I think what's confusing Ishi is what initially confused me. In the past, I believe, the poll was posted as a modification of the entry thread rather than as a new thread.

Understandable confusion. If a host continues after another host has started the original thread, the poll has to be opened in a new one, due to being unable to modify the original thread - Now that's confusion :lol:

• Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png

Understandable confusion. If a host continues after another host has started the original thread, the poll has to be opened in a new one, due to being unable to modify the original thread - Now that's confusion :lol:

:lol: That had to be read more than one time for sure :D

On the topic - There is some really good entries in the Flags comp, I am forever amazed at the level of creativity from the members on here.  :beer:

• Upvote 1

HFuQlot.png

Yeah that's right. I thought Pixey's original entry submission thread was to be modified to allow the voting. Turns out another thread has to be started by another host.

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, sad to see you go Pixey - I never had a chance to get to know you or reply to your message.  I for one will miss the inspiration you've given here.

Secondly, if an image is edited does the entrant have to give a reason as to what changes have been made ?

new_sig.png

Maybe it might be good to say why we have edited it so that it can become a learning experience for us all? 

Pixey will be sadly missed. I hope too she will be back.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at some high quality entries so far in this weeks SOTW#143 Teddy Bears. I have extended the closing date for entries to this Friday (8th January) This will perhaps give anyone wishing to enter a few more days to create an entry. 

BREtKQW.png

• 1 month later...

Just like to say a big thank you to @Drew, in advance, for hosting ............ especially this week as it was a bumper crop and probably a pain to upload so many images.  Thanks a million and here's to you smileys-bier-142577.gif

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks Pixey, Maxmilian and barbieq for the kind words. Indeed a record number of entries this week, I almost had time to go for a pint  :beer:  while waiting for PB to upload that lot, picking what to vote for will be a tough one this week, all of the entries are top class. B)

• Upvote 3

BREtKQW.png

Seerose, can you explain furthermore about this ?

Hi Dear Paint User!   :)

Bevel object there is 2 x.  

What I meant by Red Ochre plugin."

Thank you very much. :-)

ba2ec8c.png

I think she means we have two Bevel Object plugins, one by BoltBait and another by Red ochre. The one she chose for the current contest is the Bevel Object plugin created by Red.

• Upvote 1

Seerose, can you explain furthermore about this ?

Nai! Can you combine both plugins.

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

I'm confused now!  Can we use either plugin, or a combination?  I already removed my initial entry (which I made a while ago) as I wasn't sure if it was just Red's Plugin.  Ta ;) .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

In my humble opinion, I think we may consider sticking to Red's plugin as the main one to use, since it was the first suggested plugin when the contest began. Now, since the use of other plugins is also allowed, we can combine a bit of BoltBait's plugin and another bit of Red's plugin and then we would have our objects beveled enough for the contest :P Methinks it makes sense this way hi.gif

• Upvote 1

In my humble opinion, I think we may consider sticking to Red's plugin as the main one to use, since it was the first suggested plugin when the contest began. Now, since the use of other plugins is also allowed, we can combine a bit of BoltBait's plugin and another bit of Red's plugin and then we would have our objects beveled enough for the contest :P Methinks it makes sense this way hi.gif

Dear Pixey!  :)

As well as Maximilian has written.  :cake:  :mtdew:

Thank you very much Dear Maximilian!  :mtdew:  :cake:

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png