[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

• 1 month later...

It has indeed passed, last Tuesday to be precise, but chimay hasn't been active on the forum for about a week I think. Perhaps he's been busy with his studies. I hope our host is doing fine and will be back soon.

I have in the past sent him a PM to remind him.  I have resisted this time, as it's just possible this could begin to annoy him - someone else can do it for a change ;) .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Not this time but maybe next can we continue to work on our entries?

Do you mean this? :

4. You may modify or replace your image until the deadline!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK - I gave in and PM'd Chimay - hope he doesn't mind :lol:  ................. if no reply or action in the next two days, I can close up and put up the poll until we hear from him.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I'm afraid if I modify my image now it would disqualify it since the edit would be after the deadline. So I'm asking if in future games it would be OK that the deadline would be upon Chimay's return. I thought he would have to make that decision. Thanks.

SloppySig.png

There is still no response from @Chimay so I will, if nothing from him by 9:00 AM Eastern time/14:00 GMT tomorrow Sunday 27th, I will put up the poll for SOTW #137.

• Upvote 3

30b8T8B.gif

• 2 weeks later...

An outline of a silhouette?  Can that mean a high contrast image?

Hopefully @Maximilian can give us an example of what he would like us to make :)

30b8T8B.gif

You're welcome @Doughty.  I apologize for not asking @Maximilian for clearer directions before I posted the Comp.  If necessary we can extend the comp time submissions if needed ;) .

30b8T8B.gif

Perhaps I used the wrong word and I should have said  somewhat sketchy objects  or maybe stencil representations instead of silhouettes. My idea is to make general outlines of any  object, like a face, without entering into too much detail, although they don't have to be so little detailed either. It can be something halfway detailed. As a very general example, I picked a photo and made both a black and white outline of the face and an outline that preserves a few more details from the original (and some of the color):

Photo%20to%20silhouette%20examples_zps7z

It doesn't have to be necessarily a photo manipulation (could be something created by oneself), and it doesn't have to be a face. I hope I'm making sense and haven't chosen a too complex theme scratch_one-s_head.gif

@Racerx - you could have left your original SOTW #138 entry intact, and entered the one you replaced it with, separately.  That way the first one could have been voted on ;) .

30b8T8B.gif