[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

@Racerx - you could have left your original SOTW #138 entry intact, and entered the one you replaced it with, separately.  That way the first one could have been voted on ;) .

Pixey! And I? What is with me? l9li29tl.gif Or should I create a new image?

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

It's OK @Seerose ....... yours is fine.  Racerx first put up one with a candle, a pumpkin and a skull, and then he replaced it with one that couldn't be voted for (as he says it's not made in PDN).  I hope he puts up the original one, as this competition allows more than one entry.

@Racerx - I hope I'm understanding what you are saying?  That the replacement was not all made in PDN.  :/  now I'm getting confused.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I'm not interested in winning a competition. I replaced the background because it looks cooler. I could've made that background, but don't feel like going through the trouble for a contest I don't want to win anyway. My image is for support only and to give more variations. Even if by chance I won, I would forfeit the win to the 2nd place winner anyway. So don't add it to the voting choices. 

Plane_Sig2.gif

Then it can be voted on, as the rules said it could be any background.  As long as the moving images were PDN, then it goes into the competition line-up ;) .  

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Not all of the image has to be made in PDN. So long as you have used PDN to modify the image in some way & the original image is either your own or linked to (copyrights respected), then that should be fine.

PDN is an IMAGE EDITOR - that means you edit or modify the image :D If you can create one entirely from PDN as Pixey & Helen do so well, then all the better. 

I really liked Racerx first image with the skull, the pumpkin, & the candle. I thought he did those with the Shapes pack? No?

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Yay  :)  - so glad you have joined in the SOTW competition @Limon.  It would be better for you to post the full image code, instead of the thumb, which would show up better, especially when it's time for the poll :D .

Edited by Pixey

30b8T8B.gif

Thank you @Pixey. I did try to post the image code, but got an error message so I posted the thumb as a temporarily solution. Will find out what I did wrong and post the full code today :)

Oh, because I am allergic to things I do not want to do. *Cough*

- Michael J. Caboose

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the future is today. :lol:

I totally thought it was a movie - I PM'd Seerose for clarification, but had not heard back before I posted the comp :lol: !

30b8T8B.gif

I totally watched the first movie of Back to the Future Last night.

I remember the sig of someone from some forum with the crazy Doc Brown in it with the "flux capacitor" thing.

But I'd rather want the next SOTW theme to be like the coming of autumn or something instead of a movie because I think its better if the concept is original. If the theme is about a movie, you'll more likely have to borrow elements and pictures of that to incorporate on your art.

I haven't watched 'back to the future' (yet), to be honest I thought 'flux capacitor' was something made up, like 'Ruy Lopez opening' or 'instantialized'. :D ;)

Perhaps a broader theme of time travel would be acceptable? :/

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I haven't watched 'back to the future' (yet), to be honest I thought 'flux capacitor' was something made up...

IS NOT! Its real :D

... something made up, like 'Ruy Lopez opening'....

*choke* *cough* *splutter* Wha...?? Oh, deary deary me. Ruy Lopez was in fact a 16th-century Spanish monk. I trotted out this very fact last Tuesday evening at my chess club.

• Upvote 1

I am so totally "busted".  I am not a movie-goer and had no clue what Doughty meant when she said, "Back to the future is today" :mrgreen: .  Only movies I've ever watched are on planes ;) .

As to Doughty's query ....... I think @Red's suggestion is good  ............. so, it's up to you the composer.  It can be either close to the movie, or anything depicting time travel. The voters will decide which they like on "voting day".  

Seerose has requested a Theme Change - it is now Autumn/Fall.

Edited by Pixey

30b8T8B.gif

Well it was a great movie on so many levels. Who doesn't love a DeLorean? :D I wouldn't say no to one being parked in our garage. I could totally see me driving it to get the groceries in big ole RockVegas :P

We are at the tail end of spring here & our temps are like 35 deg C or 95 deg F. Anyone have any rain they don't want - send it to Australia. We need it desperately. I'd love to have autumn again!

Thanks Pixey for all your hard work in running the comp & Seerose for changing the theme & Ishi for the suggestion. You guys rock :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

SOTW#140 - Submissions - Steam Punk.  Is that a science fiction steam-powered machinery? l9li29tl.gif

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Yes, it can be those things @Seerose, but not necessarily steam powered. Here is another link with all sorts of ideas.  You could make faces with clocks, and things like that.  Cogs and Wheels/Gears as well ...... and a man named @Redochre just happens to have a Plugin which makes those :D .

Edited by Pixey
  • Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

You can read about Steampunk on Wikipedia.

Here are some pulled out highlights:

It is inspired by 19th-century industrial steam-powered machinery.

Steampunk works are often set in an alternative history of the 19th century's British Victorian era or American "Wild West"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk

Steampunk art is famous for lots of "gear" looking machines, contraptions, and technology.

So basically, steampunk art can be a Victorian era or a Wild West era with gear contraptions and/or steam machines.

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

I did not know what steam punk was until I did a Google search of it.

But the moment I found out, I immediately though of the Gears plugin and apparently, Pixey has got that in mind as well.

Here are some pulled out highlights:

It is inspired by 19th-century industrial steam-powered machinery.

Steampunk works are often set in an alternative history of the 19th century's British Victorian era or American "Wild West"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk

Steampunk art is famous for lots of "gear" looking machines, contraptions, and technology.

So basically, steampunk art can be a Victorian era or a Wild West era with gear contraptions and/or steam machines.

That's a very good summary there Huggles. Its a branch of science fiction that basically exaggerates the technology on the Victorian and Wild West eras but with a lot of style, elegance and class than the futuristic techno stuff that dominates much of the mainstream sci-fi world.

I personally think its really really challenging.

Pixey, I think this is a very cool theme. Very mechanical, just the way I like it. I modified my original submission and will probably add things as I think of them.

Plane_Sig2.gif