[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

• 2 weeks later...

This week you're challenged to design and create a signature using Three shapes and

Three colours, (any three colours you like and any three shapes you like too)

Oooh! I like this idea. Truly.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great entries and interpretation.

Apologies for not competing in a theme I chose but unexpected thingss, mainly getting pushed off the road by some idiot on their phone and the resulting hassles got in the way of fun

• Upvote 1
new_sig.png

Due to the lack of entries in this weeks sig of the week (#148 Text Elaborated / Distorted) The deadline for entering has been extended to Friday March 25th. 7PM UK Time. I hope to see a few more participants by then. 

• Upvote 2

BREtKQW.png

Thanks Barbie

A few months of recovery from a broken leg and a shattered arm and wrist. Hopefully I can can start using a mouse again in a few weeks.

Could have been a lot worse.  On the plus side the only time I've been glad to have an unmarked police car behind me is that it was witnessed and the courts will do their bit and ban the idiot for years.

My solicitor is already hitting his insurance company and hopefully they'll go after him for the payout  :lightning:

I wonder if I can claim compensation for lack of using Paint.Net  :lol:

new_sig.png

Oh Si that is just terrible. Well I am glad that you are on the mend & the culprit has been caught & hopefully will not be able to do it again. I'd definitely go for damages for not being able to PDN!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you guys don't mind, but I went with an idea based off of the glass pane tutorial. I hope it counts as decorative glass. :)

It certainly counts. Most any design based on glass is fine. The reference to lynxster4's stained glass tutorial was just a suggestion.

I hope the deadline for the SOTW "decorative glass" theme can be extended. Perhaps there will be a few more entries. I might even add another. It's tax season in the USA, so some of us have a bit less free time than usual.

I hope the deadline for the SOTW "decorative glass" theme can be extended. Perhaps there will be a few more entries. I might even add another. It's tax season in the USA, so some of us have a bit less free time than usual.

Indeed, yes, this weeks SOTW (Decorative Glass) has now been extended to give more entrants a chance to.......enter. Entry time closes on Friday April 15 at 7Pm (UK Time) link to timezone conversion can be found in the entry thread. 5 Top class entries so far, would love to see more, it may even give me the chance to finish cutting the grass and doing something more important, like playing around with PDN :D

• Upvote 2

BREtKQW.png

• 2 weeks later...

A new rule to be added for future SOTW comps.

8.  Don’t add links to larger versions of your signature, your entry should be voted on based on the size layed out in rule #1. Please keep larger versions of your work for your gallery.

• Upvote 2

BREtKQW.png

Once again, not many entries in the SOTW comp (driving licence) I have extended the closing date to be 7PM on Friday 6 May. (World time conversion in the entry thread) Perhaps more people can join in. 

Edited by DrewDale
  • Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png

• 3 weeks later...

When creating an entry in the SOTW comp, can people please be mindful of copyright and / or using images found on sites such as Google.

Rule #5 in the comp entry thread clearly points this out.

5. Don’t violate copyright laws with found images; links to source images would be courteous.

Blatant copying of obvious images is not what this comp is all about, any entries that are basically ripping off 100% someone's creation will not be put forward into the voting stage. It would be nice to think almost all entries are original (most times they are)  So once again please provide links to any images used.

Thanks

• Upvote 2

BREtKQW.png

As for my first entry: No I did not shoot and create the fire apple image that I animated, though I'm sure I could if I wanted to. AFAIK it's not copyright, it is open source. It was one of the many excellent Desktop Backgrounds that came with my Linux distro. I can't provide any links to the image, but here is a link to the distros for anyone interested: https://www.linuxmint.com/I highly recommend those distros to anyone interested.

Whether or not you want to submit it for voting is your call. In fact you can omit all my entries for voting, I really just don't care. I submit what I think has some artistic value and don't want to offend anyone. Therefore I won't be submitting any more entries in future contests.    

Good luck to all.

69unju0.gif

Dipstick, keep your shirt on...

I have an image that I cannot find the link for as it was one downloaded ages ago & I had lost the link. I just made reference to it.

What you wrote above about the source of your image was really useful information to other users & would be nice if you edited your entry to include it. Your entry is rather clever with the apple & the animation. 

The entry by Gillfelis however is exactly what DrewDale was talking about. It will not be included. 

• Upvote 3
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

The entry by Gillfelis however is exactly what DrewDale was talking about. It will not be included. 

Exactly. Thank you barbieq. 

If you wish to no longer take part, that is entirely up to you dipstick. Feel free to remove your post's in the entry thread if you like. 

Sorry you feel that way about something not even directed at you.

BREtKQW.png

Dipstick, I think you had a misunderstanding. So, just never mind it, and enjoy the competitions if you want to. If they are fun, then keep having fun. :D

For future references, to all who enter, keeping the rules does applies to everyone. If someone does slip on a rule, it's ok to learn and live a little and then continue to participate with more experience of what to do and not do. Sometimes some bumps might happen, and if bumpy situations do happen, then if needed, once can take a break from the competitions, and come back and enjoy them again at a later time.

I personally haven't been able to enter as much due to being busy. I hope to continue to see others participate though, as I like to see everyone's entries. :)

I probably should keep my mouth shut, and I don't make the rules (for which everyone, including me, is thankful), but I don't think adding a little animation to an already-existing image is enough PDN content to qualify for a competition entry. Using stock images is acceptable, but the primary creative content should be PDN.

• Upvote 2