[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

Just wondering because I don't know,I never watched cartoons,even as a kid.  Not trying to be a wise guy, before everyone jumps on me here.

added; I do watch these new realistic looking movies based on comic book characters but have no clue what the comic book story line is unless someone else who knows is sitting with me. And the only new cartoon movies I will watch are Cars. So as you can see comics are a foreign language to me. 

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Hello, I hope this is the right place to ask this....

Are there any rules about who can enter competitions?

Such as no newbies or only masterpieces are aloud to enter?

And just wanting to make sure, is the comic theme the current active competition for SOTW?

Thanks. :)

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Just dive in and join the fun FuzzyHugg  (your name is too long to type :lol: )
SOTW comp runs for one week entering and one week to vote for a winner. The logo / Banner comp runs for two weeks entering and one week to vote. I hope to see you taking part, would like to see new members getting involved :D

I had to edit this because I forgot how to spell Week :lol: 

ZXCBOoZ.png

Sorry for the whole superhero confusion... My bad... No it was not the idea to make a superhero sig. The idea was to create a comic related sig, this could be a sig in comic style or any sig that has something to do with any comic. It's just that I associate comics with Superheroes etc., but I've changed the description.

@Cc4; Anyone can basically enter the comp as long as they follow the rules (in the SOTW submission topic). As NiteNurse said, one week submissions, one week voting. 

@Sasha; stocks are allowed, but it would be nice if you put links to the ones used. You should not use copyrighted materials (e.g., do not copy random stuff from Google, there are lots of nice sites where you can get really great stocks (renders, C4D's, etc. etc.) for free.

Really astonishing entries! I'm thinking of entering this time too, but with a pre-made sig (I mean by that a sig I've made some time ago) (exams are near, don't have time to do much...). I hope people agree with that, if not, they should speak their minds and I'll refer from doing so.

Edited by chimay12321
ParaduxSig_zps7c40fba5.png

Question.... I thought I read somewhere that participants aren't allowed to vote, but I can't find where I read it. So, I want to double check, can I or can't I vote?

Yes indeed you can vote. I vote in every comp I enter and it was never a rule when I used to host this comp and it's not a rule now either ;)

BREtKQW.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well, indeed a hard theme, but you can use one of the great Dots plugins or you can make something out that's very original and smart :)

Btw, the comp runs this time until Monday, because it also has started on Monday. I find it more important that you have 7 days to enter than 7 days to vote.

Edited by chimay12321
ParaduxSig_zps7c40fba5.png

I was thinking of using one of the Dots plugins to see if I could create something.  Could be worth a try ? 

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=8043

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=25461

Thanks for those! I wish I saw them sooner, haha. Since I didn't have anything else I used a halftone plugin, which I like how it turned out but I'm not sure if it's "pointillism" lol.

From your links though I found the perfect plugin called, Stipple, http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/25637-stipple-plugin-updated-to-v11-27th-nov-2012/

• 2 weeks later...

I have never heard of the bands so far in this week's SOTW. I don't think that my choice of a band would fly in this comp so I am standing this one out. Besides I feel that the people who are always placing in the top 3 should stand aside on some and let the noobies have a chance.   ;)

I like music Pixey , one out of three isn't bad.   :D      

Oh ok Drew, I never really thought of music as a color though besides all the lights on the band and the little blue pills I took at concerts,lol. 

I was kinda thinking of what colors are associated with types of music. But country I think of turquoise, sequins, and hairspray. :wtf:  Jazz, maybe rich smokey colors with brassy glints. Certainly, if you have a fav band, no rule against doing that.

Apologies Chimay and everyone for being vague.

SloppySig.png

the little blue pills I took at concerts,lol. 

In the UK we use those colour pills for when B&Q is closed ;)

@Welshblue - Trojan Records. Now there is a label with some very good history and credentials, nice choice indeed. B)

Edited by DrewDale
  • Upvote 2

BREtKQW.png