[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

In this week's SOTW #112 it says you can only use one of each of Red Ochre and TR's plugins to make it. I take that to mean you can not use any other plugins at all to make it?  Or can you use any of the other author's plugins but only one each of theirs?  It will be pretty tricky to make a decent sig with only two plugins.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

I thought only one Plug-in each of Red's and TR's and any other effect/adjustment that comes with Paint.NET's basic download.  i.e. any other effect or adjustment that does not have a Plugin 'emblem' next to it.

However, if any other folks think this is impossible .... please say so and I'll have to re-think something :/ .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

IIt will be pretty tricky to make a decent sig with only two plugins.

That says a lot about my entry then. :(

However, if any other folks think this is impossible .... please say so and I'll have to re-think something :/ .

The comp is already up and running now, it's hard enough getting people to enter as it is. Changing the comp criteria two Days in will put more people off.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Personally I think it's a cool topic and makes folk think a little bit more instead of relying on a vast pile of plugins.

Edited by DrewDale

BREtKQW.png

Creating a sig with only two plugins - (by any author) is a tall challenge!
Drew & Pixey have both made very good sigs - I hope others can rise to the challenge too.

Personally I used Pdn for months before downloading any plugins. I think it is good experience, especially for newer users to learn how to fully use the built-in tools.

(I'll exclude myself from this one, but I do admire what the regular competitors can do with such small images!) B)

Thanks for running the comp' Drew! :star:

It would be nice if some new users pick up the gauntlet and give it go. ;)

• Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I do agree, there are some good ones so far, even yours Drew. I might give this one a go if I can get the time,been kind of busy lately. I know I have done some images using your two plugins before, but a sig is much smaller so not sure how it will go.   ;)

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking along the lines of bumper stickers. E.g. (this is not a quote from a famous person but will be good enough as an explanation of how I interpret the brief = an image of a Mars bar (candy or chocolate bar depending on the part of the world you are in) with the words: A Mars a day helps you work, rest & play : 

There are many famous quotes on the 'net. The focus of the sig would be the text & of course the name of the famous person should be in there somewhere too :D

Anyone else have an idea?

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Stroke of luck - my Bro posted this today  45fc2b18909ce36421ae25e37e76b9f5.jpg

Typography AND a quote :mrgreen:

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.