[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

I'll be back! --- Arnold schwarzenegger

About the extent of my quote knowledge,lol

@Skully - I was sure you would have known this quote:  "The train has left the station" :D

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I think I remember that one from an old John Wayne movie,lol.

I suppose I could use one of the thousands of quotes that people post on facebook.   :D

• Upvote 1

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

• 3 weeks later...

My entry in the SOTW (Bank Cards) is too large, contravening the stated rules (max 200px high).

This is entirely my fault and I should like to withdraw from the competition.

• Upvote 1

My entry in the SOTW (Bank Cards) is too large, contravening the stated rules (max 200px high).

This is entirely my fault and I should like to withdraw from the competition.

Hello Ego Eram Reputo. Welcome to the forum. :D  Please feel free to submit an entry in any future competition's, but please remember to follow the rules and guide lines set out on the forum, :)  I hope you enjoy your stay here and we look forward to your input here :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 2

ZXCBOoZ.png

Hello Ego Eram Reputo. Welcome to the forum. :D  Please feel free to submit an entry in any future competition's, but please remember to follow the rules and guide lines set out on the forum, :)  I hope you enjoy your stay here and we look forward to your input here :lol: :lol:

Just wait until I get hold of you....

:lol:

• Upvote 1

Please, no offence, but how much tougher are the competitions going to get ? - Diablo ! I really thought the whole idea was to get folk involved, not drive them away :(

Y7O8WRy.png

I do not think this theme is too hard. It's just really different then most of the themes we've had. Rather than just saying what you should make or in what category you should look, it's a very specific thing, which leaves you in a pretty narrow area in which you can do loads of cool stuff. When you search for 'Diablo signature' in Google Images you'll get a whole list of pretty good inspiration.

For example in my head this theme just screams: 'Render sig!' or 'Do something cool with the logo in a typograpical manner!'.

ParaduxSig_zps7c40fba5.png

It could be as simple as text and a shine:

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/diablo/images

To something a bit more complex:

http://diabloiii.wordpress.com/2008/06/30/diablo-3-sigs/

Experiment and think outside of the box (as a certain forumer @Ash used to say) ;)

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

It could be as simple as text and a shine:

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/diablo/images

To something a bit more complex:

http://diabloiii.wordpress.com/2008/06/30/diablo-3-sigs/

Experiment and think outside of the box (as a certain forumer @Ash used to say) ;)

Second link is showing no images :(  First link would be stealing others work perhaps :/

Y7O8WRy.png

The 2nd link is working fine for me. 

You're not supposed to copy and paste someone else's work naturally, just get a basic idea which, unless I'm wrong, is not considered stealing.  We all did that in the last competition and made bank cards to look kind of like the real thing.

30b8T8B.gif

We all did that in the last competition and made bank cards to look kind of like the real thing.

That's why mine looked really fake, I could never get away with card fraud :lol:

BREtKQW.png

I couldn't see the images in the second link either. It says " Click and discover Imageshack"  where the image is supposed to be. I assume you have to be registered on Image shack to view them or your privacy settings are preventing it.  

I have never heard of this site before I saw your post so I would have no idea where to start.  Pong and Atari is more up my alley,lol    ;)

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

I couldn't see the images in the second link either. It says " Click and discover Imageshack"  where the image is supposed to be. I assume you have to be registered on Image shack to view them or your privacy settings are preventing it.  

I have never heard of this site before I saw your post so I would have no idea where to start.  Pong and Atari is more up my alley,lol     ;)

Yes, I see that link pertains to image shack so that's why I'm seeing it as I am a member.

So, here are two more:

http://www.diablostats.com/sigs.php?id=16278

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_(video_game)

I'm sorry my choice of theme has turned out to be so unpopular, so should we just change it to the 2nd option I gave to you @Chimay?

30b8T8B.gif

Hmmm... Although I like the saying 'You don't know until you've tried,' but if it's necessary, I will... I'd think it's a real pity, because I thinks it's a challenging comp for most of the guys here.

I'd say we wait some time to see if people even dare to try :P

Edited by chimay12321

OK - it seems I should back out of choosing the theme on this weeks signature.  @Chimay please choose something you think might be appropriate, as I expect my 2nd choice, which was for an I-Pad, would have been wrong too.

30b8T8B.gif

How about changing the theme from "Diablo" to something like "fantasy/spirit/ghosts"?

Oceana, I thought it was a mighty tough one too but I've thought about it & I have to agree with Pixey. Play with clouds in B&W, dents, blurs etc then use the fire plugin & then text. There are some fire text tutes here. Layers & blend modes will be your best friend with this one.

This is an opportunity to try something new. I have to work but hope to get some time to play & post soon :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Hmmm... Maybe indeed make the theme a bit wider, nice proposal EER!

I'll change the theme to: 'infernal'. Because I think that's the best option to go with while sticking to the theme.

• Upvote 2

Nice solution Chimay. Someone should create an "Infernal Combustion Engine" :lol:

• Upvote 1