Making Polished Spacescapes v2 [Image heavy]

Frozen_byte

Please specify who your question is directed to.

But I'll give my perspective out of boredom.

Layers/effects.

First off, tutorials are merely a sort of guide, not for a finished product as most think but rather as a way to learn the controls while refining your technique(s). As such, each opinion will be different based on the details or methods used by each person.

To create the atmosphere I'd duplicate the planet, use various effects such as glow, frosted glass, zoom blur, clouds, gaussian blur, etc. resulting in anywhere from 2 to 50 layers. Usually just keep at it until you find what you want. Tiresome but effective. Use the layer blend modes to gain desired results and layers layers layers. More specifically you'd want to select the empty space around the planet and invert selection (ctrl + i), add new layer and create the desired effect over the planet within the selection. Or duplicate the planet and modify it within the selection to create the desired manipulation.

Of course I havnt slept in a few days so now that I think about it you were probably just asking in reference to the tutorial. Then again, I just wrote all of this despite it so enjoy yourself haha.

Okay. Now I get what you're dealing with.

I suggest that you decide where you want the sun to be first.

Place the white paint blob there.

The Zoom Blur Deluxe has an adjustable center, so put its

center exactly where the paint spot is centered.

You'll have to tweak that adjustment to get it right,

but it is do-able.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello...it's me again and as usual I'm having a problem. I set shape 3D to the exact settings for the planet. Checked them against the tut by putting them side by side. Same settings and all I get is a black image filled with stars, as if I duplicated the background layer. I tried different colors and all with the same results. The numbers match therefore the outcome should have been the same but...nope.

Again I'm jumping the gun. I forgot you have to reset it first. Did that and now I got me a planet to play with. Tell you...PDN is fascinating me to no end. I have other 3D programs like blender and truespace but this...this one shows you the from the ground up and tutorials like this are the best. I like a challenge and long complex tuts are a treat. I'm so gonna enjoy this. kudos to the author.

Edited by uvah

Here's my contribution. It turned out not so nice. Please critique and tell me where I screwed up. I tried to improvise a little by adding planets made with the planet tuts I found in this one. They're not exactly the same as the ones described but like I said...improvise. It's only my first. I'm going back to try again.

soon2bawall3.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

What? Isn't SEARCH working? Oh, yes it is....., boltbait.roll.png

I've updated the links in the tutorial to point to the new forum. You could also have found the plugins in the Plugin Index you know boltbait.wink.png

• 6 months later...

Something that I cooked up in a few minutes. Might try it again later tonight and put more time into it, but I still like the way it turned out.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc284/anonymous6366/paintdotnet%20pictures/planetwithgoodbackground.jpg

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Replaced overlarge image with link (Rule #29).

/-\l\l[]/\/¥/\/\()µ§6366

Signaturepaint2.png

Check out my gallery: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=24152

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi'de,

This tutorial is great! Easy to follow, fantastic results.

I especially loved the sun effect. I was wondering how to do that. Best sun rendering I've ever seen.

Yeah, pretty good. Keep turning out more tutorials like this!

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

wow, i really stink at this.

th_verybad.png

makes me mad.

i hate my life. i really do.

I no longer hate my life. Because this is my first time using Paint.NET (for art) and i made this:

th_Magicspacecube.jpg

(Sorry for the double post, but...)

That's really nice. Don't go bashing yourself. We all have to start at the beginning and work our way up.

In fact, I've been doing paint.NET for over a year, and there is still a lot I have to learn.

Eventually, you will develop instincts- meaning, you'll know exactly what you are doing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

• 10 months later...
  • 5 years later...

@TheTardisCraft ...Welcome!   That first attempt is awesome.  Excellent work!   ?  ?    

• Like 1