Woodsy

Images by Woodsy

247 posts in this topic

Thank you Red! The plywood I tried to emulate is called Baltic plywood. It's used for fine cabinets and such. I tried to replicate sawdust in the air but couldn't make it look right.

Thanks Maximilian, Barbieq25, Seerose, RickHum, and Pixie! I really didn't think it was that good. I may have to resize it and use it for a signature.

That is just brilliant...I love it, Woodsy!  You are very good at animation.  What program do you use for animation?  I am not seeing any loss of quality.

Great job!!    <3      :beer:  :pizza:      :)

1 hour ago, lynxster4 said:

That is just brilliant...I love it, Woodsy!  You are very good at animation.  What program do you use for animation?  I am not seeing any loss of quality.

Great job!!    <3      :beer:  :pizza:      :)

Thank you Lynxster4! It's a free program called Photoscape. It's a multipurpose program but I use it for animations.

It would indeed look awesome as a signature, since it fits your woodworking personality. And Photoscape looks like an interesting tool to try. Thanks for suggesting it, Woodsy! respeto.gif

2 hours ago, Maximilian said:

And Photoscape looks like an interesting tool to try. Thanks for suggesting it, Woodsy! respeto.gif

Yes, I like it for making and altering gif animations. It's the best one I could find that would accept png's. If I can help out let me know.

8 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Yes, I like it for making and altering gif animations. It's the best one I could find that would accept png's. If I can help out let me know.

Ha! That's funny!  I have that program and didn't know it could do animations.  I'll have to check it out.   :lol:

I'll certainly give it a try now that I've read about some of its tools. One can't help being curious! p0109.gif

I added sawdust but I don't know if it improves it.

BXJZO2m.gif

The saw dust adds to the overall realism and intricacy of the piece Woodsy, good work mate.

Yup, the sawdust definitely adds to the feel of movement. Cool job again! :trophy:

I think the sawdust does add to the animation!
Love the way the letters detach and push into each other - very well observed... I can almost hear it cutting.;)

Excellent addition @Woodsy :)

Thank you RickHum, Maximilian, Red, Barbieq25, and Pixie for your kind words! I wanted to make it a little bit more random but when you're dealing with a hundred files it's kind of difficult.

Clever.  In fact very clever.  The push-stick is a great addition for me.  

As mentioned the way the letters move makes it all the more impressive on the eyes

Thank you very much Si Borg! I've done lots of work on a table saw and I always used a push-stick when getting so close to the blade.

Holy...wow. I'm in total awe! I'm just going to sit here and zone out on your animation; I can almost hear the saw. :)

Thank you LionsDragon! I'm glad you like it!

Love the sawdust, Woodsy!   Makes a great sig.  Catch you later...:D

Oh.. @Woodsy!  <3

Love it the sawdust, very nice. Thank you so much. :cake:  :coffee:

OMG! I hope Brigitte Bardot wont see this or you will hear from her. :)