The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

@ Ash -- AA is really hard for that text... I think I'll just do it again using alphamask plugin instead of magic wand to help.

Did you make the text? If you did, it should be easier to AA

If not...Why not? :D

@oma: check your PM

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

OOh! very good improvement -those fins are really good - and I like how you added the swirling water and terrain - great job!

@Ash - I might...have...flattened and then improved from version 1 to 2......

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

ohh yeeaahh! Nice, Oma :!:.

Thanks for the tip, Ash. I will go back and correct it directly.

I tied a square knot with Paint.Net :)

squareknotsm.jpg

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif

I fixed my broken marble. Thanks again for the tip Ash. I will have to remember that. Smooth results.

amarble1.jpg

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif

thanks all for comments

whale not supposed to have back fins. so took them off him and put them on the little fish.

step 1

th_1032pmfeb292008.jpg

step 2

th_littlefishybigfishy2.png

step 3 any other suggestions. :?:

littlefishybigfishy3.png:D:D:D

biggy on my da account view full size to see the littly fishy :lol:

http://omagrandmother.deviantart.com/ar ... h-78874623

PS ASH I stretched that tail out even more and used a ton of clone stamp to get the coloring correct after the stretch. :wink:

the whale and the seeweed is disproportional. In comparison a whale is much larger. ATM it just looks like a sand shark because of the illusion the disproportion is giving off.

signature.png

thanks all for comments

whale not supposed to have back fins. so took them off him and put them on the little fish.

step 1

image...

step 2

image...

step 3 any other suggestions. :?:

th_littlefishybigfishy3.png:D:D:D

PS ASH I stretched that tail out even more and used a ton of clone stamp to get the coloring correct after the stretch. :wink:

Bam! Now you're done :)

@Mike.Ryan52: Baby whale :)

I fixed my broken marble. Thanks again for the tip Ash. I will have to remember that. Smooth results.

th_amarble1.jpg

You're welcome!

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

I usually dont post abstracts but I liked this one a lot. Took longer than it looked trying to get the swing to work with me and against me and I had to listen to the song a thousands times as I drew it with the song instead of just trying to get a strawberry.

strawberryfieldsforever.png

signature.png

Looks good Vlad!

Ok, so I did some messing around with the generic XP logo. here is the before:

windows-logo.jpg

Then, by used of blurring, layer blend modes, and of course black and white with some curving magic I came up with XP Steel Logo

vista.png

After that, I decided to recolor them all. This is a lot more pleasant imo than the original.

vista3.png

signature.png

Then, by used of blurring, layer blend modes, and of course black and white with some curving magic I came up with XP Steel Logo

vista.png

For an even better steel look, you could try adding reflections of something, tighter gradients, and/or a brushed texture, etc.. Right now it's just boring grey ;)

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I tried some of your suggestions and ogt a glossier black version that I am actually liking a lot, but I know that it is not a steel feel at all. Perhaps you could post an example?

vista5.png

signature.png

Alright, tighter gradients. I also sperated the white glares and screened them. I really like this, and it may actually be Black Steel. Now I have to go mod my XP theme!

vista6.png

signature.png

Olav: The shadow of the tree seems a little too soft and bright on the second floor, but very well done, maybe you should add some cracks in the bricks so it harmonizes even more with the original building^^

Here's one incorporating all the tutorials I've gone through, and some variations of my own for the gold and chrome frames.

Everything is PDN accept for the car photos. They came from "serious wheels" web site I posted before.

Room1.png

MR52 - I like it! Very cool black steel look.

Edit: Now that I've gone back and looked at a few pages to catch up...

oma - Fantastic! I love underwater scenes and yours is a beauty.

tourist - Great looking marble, so light and clean.. Great job.

Ash - Great tip on that AA/radial blur, another one for my notebook. Thanks!

Sorry, I forget now who posted the house, but it looks good to me. Only thing I would do is lighten the tree shadow bit.

OK, back to tutorials for me, see ya.

I played around with Shape3D and what I have now is an easy way to make realistic sunglasses:

like these very much. share! no need to write whole tut just a little screen shot showing placement of the gradiants and just list out settings you used. Please.... think I'm close but not really hitting correct positioning.

ohh yeeaahh! Nice, Oma :!:.

Thanks for the tip, Ash. I will go back and correct it directly.

I tied a square knot with Paint.Net :)

th_squareknotsm.jpg

meant to comment on this one last night really good... love how you tied that knot!. now the old noggin is thinking I need to do something like this .... incorporate this type of knotted rope thing into a picture.

ciao