The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

@PrettyDarnNeat: Very good work! It's just too blurry. It's still some fantastic work though. :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Decorative knots are hard to "tie". This is called a Carrick Mat.

th_carrickmatsm.jpg

how did you so that. Its amazing and smooth

Thanks. I started with a length of "rope", obviously. saved a duplicate of that to make the straighter sections. rect to polar on one layer. rotate/zoom layer keeping background and enlarged a bit to get double "rope". Duplicated that 4 times. flippity wippity, stretchity, patchity, merge, erase, double, etc.

I am telling you that it is a painstaking process, but a grid helped to keep the rope lined up. I used the techniques in cjmcguinness' tutorial "make a chain" to "tie" it. I know it is not perfect.

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif

Wow Lego thats gorgeous.

Haven't posted anything here for a while, but here's my new wallpaper. Hope it's not too big.

uuswallpaperwu5.th.png

Edit// Thanks Ash!

Edit by Ash: Now it's not too big. Clickable thumbnail is your friend.

sigwamprojxx.png

Hello, I am a complete P.Net noob (or any image editing software for that matter) so please be kind. I found P.Net a couple of days ago and made a couple of pictures. For what it's worth, here they are.

Made an eyeball.

th_bluegreeneye.jpg

Made a background for my Smartphone. (Motorola Q)

th_GreenEyeHS.jpg

Tried to make a space picture.

th_InnerSpace2.jpg

Comments welcome

T.

Thanks for the comments on my room picture.

DarkShock91, Sabrown100 - I agree totally. I tried it without the PDN background but the text has bits of white that make it look funny without. I need to go in and clean up the logo. And, yes it is too fuzzy. I don't know which step caused that. It was crystal clear up to a point in the process, then of course I did something, probably resized. I'm gonna re-do it. Can't be posting fuzzy, slip-shod work in this room of pros. (that's a compliment, not sarcasm BTW).

Well, back to work...

@tourist---awesome knot! :) The thing I notice is that it's a recursive "knot". (It's like the new infinity symbol :P ) It would be interesting trying to make this knot in real life :)

In other news, just playing with Mandelbrot fractal, and made an interesting effect, but couldn't decide what to do with it (still in "mind block" mode :| ). So I decided to put in a rocket for effect :)

rocket2.png

Open to all comments :D

Decorative knots are hard to "tie". This is called a Carrick Mat.

th_carrickmatsm.jpg

how did you so that. Its amazing and smooth

I used the techniques in cjmcguinness' tutorial "make a chain" to "tie" it

Cool, it's good to know that some of my older tut's are still being looked at, and techniques are being adapted for new uses. Excellent work; raising at a slight angle and putting the shadow behind gives real depth.

-CJ

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

@tourist---awesome knot! :) The thing I notice is that it's a recursive "knot". (It's like the new infinity symbol :P ) It would be interesting trying to make this knot in real life :)

In other news, just playing with Mandelbrot fractal, and made an interesting effect, but couldn't decide what to do with it (still in "mind block" mode :| ). So I decided to put in a rocket for effect :)

rocket2.png

Open to all comments :D

The ends of the rope are hidden below an outside strand :wink: . Having served in the U.S.C.G. I used to do a LOT of knot work or fancy work as it is called, it is standard practice to hide the ends of your work.

I really like the lighting effects on the rocket image.

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif