The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

heres one i did i think you guys saw the sketch but i finally colored it :P. no complaints about it except every cool roman soldier needs a cool roman names :P

th_romansoldier1.jpg

very nice see you are starting to get a bit more familiar with using layers. now maybe try some gradients on this image.

wand a section..... add a new transparent layer and pick one color semi opacity and second even a bit more transparent than the primary

and do like a wash over the area.

PS you can come out of the corner now you've been a real good boy.

:D

and you can start adding some patterns to areas, so they are not so flat looking.

what about a wand of area new layer semi transparent colors and brush change the solid to a pattern using drop down box just to the right of where it says solid.

this will give that soldier a sense of movement and added dynamics.

Quite excellent job! I hope she comes back with actual questions... ;-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

NEW UPDATE OF WHAT I'M DOING! guess who it is

2-1.png

:shock: That's really good! Just try and avoid overdetailing the hair (it looked metallic the first time around) and you'll have a masterpiece! :D

alright, I've been doing the hair in layer so I can keep it more realistic and not crappy looking

sig.jpg

~97% of teens won't stand up for Anything. Put this on your sig if you're one of the 3% who've fallen down trying.

Oh, and there's 3 types of people in this world...

alright oma, here it is, after i did the gradients i could definitely see more depth, but maybe i need a little more depth? would that just mean turn the transparency up?

romansoldiergradtxt1.jpg

hmmmm... heres the texture, im not sure i did this right, or maybe its just to heavy, i messed with the transparency but it either seemed not enough or to much.

romansoldiergradtxt.jpg

edit: oops the image would be helpful :P

edit:looking good d.c. the hairs looks funny though cus the top isnt filled in lol

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

alright oma, here it is, after i did the gradients i could definitely see more depth, but maybe i need a little more depth? would that just mean turn the transparency up?

romansoldiergradtxt1.jpg

hmmmm... heres the texture, im not sure i did this right, or maybe its just to heavy, i messed with the transparency but it either seemed not enough or to much.

romansoldiergradtxt.jpg

edit: oops the image would be helpful :P

edit:looking good d.c. the hairs looks funny though cus the top isnt filled in lol

the foot has white pixels around it

@ k.digennaro:

Try adding textures via layer masks (a new layer that keeps a selection to enable you to quickly affect only that selection). Do you get what I mean? Maybe I should do a beginners tute?

For eg:

romansoldiergradtxt1-sml.jpg

yours (see helmet and face?)

cartoon_character.jpg

mine (quickie)

[img]http://www.geocities.com/gerry_satrapa/PDNsig.jpg[/img]