The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

so ive been trying to use some shape 3D, heres what i came up with. Look ash! look oma!! im doing it!!! lol, any way, what do you guys think? im trying to expand my horizon of just using the pencil tool.

cartoonface1211.jpg

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

@ k.digennaro: Your drawing style is well suited to the use of effects layers ('adjustment layers' & 'layer masks' in particular). Build up your colour areas using layers with varying opacity (double-click on a layer in the layer window to open its settings), much the same as an artist uses layers of colour - not flat colour (a layer mask will help you constrain effects to one selection, and be able to reuse that selection at any time). If you do all your line work on one layer - you can place it all on the top layer. Adjustment layers are really useful for adding texture to flat colour (ie a layer of 'noise' to the area of skin on the face - turn opacity right down [30-ish?]). If you don't now about effects layers - they would be worth your time to look at and experiment with - as they will add a whole new dimension to your shaded line drawings! :D

I'm afraid I don't have anything (suitable for posting) here at home to demonstrate, but will try to do a quickie today...

[img]http://www.geocities.com/gerry_satrapa/PDNsig.jpg[/img]

I just made an even better realistic skin and its all 100% pdn! here it is! :D

real.png

sig.jpg

~97% of teens won't stand up for Anything. Put this on your sig if you're one of the 3% who've fallen down trying.

Oh, and there's 3 types of people in this world...

@D.C: Very realistic texture & tone :D

I just made a new avatar/sig combo and would like to see what you think of it and tell me if it needs some improvments.

normalavvie2small.png

normalsig2small.png

Thanks vostok7

effected56.png

so ive been trying to use some shape 3D, heres what i came up with. Look ash! look oma!! im doing it!!! lol, any way, what do you guys think? im trying to expand my horizon of just using the pencil tool.

th_cartoonface1211.jpg

Yeah, Shape3d helps with the shading and make life much easier :)

th_real.png

That's pretty good. :)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

th_real.png

That's pretty good. :)

thank you

sig.jpg

~97% of teens won't stand up for Anything. Put this on your sig if you're one of the 3% who've fallen down trying.

@ k.digennaro: Your drawing style is well suited to the use of effects layers ('adjustment layers' & 'layer masks' in particular). Build up your colour areas using layers with varying opacity (double-click on a layer in the layer window to open its settings), much the same as an artist uses layers of colour - not flat colour (a layer mask will help you constrain effects to one selection, and be able to reuse that selection at any time). If you do all your line work on one layer - you can place it all on the top layer. Adjustment layers are really useful for adding texture to flat colour (ie a layer of 'noise' to the area of skin on the face - turn opacity right down [30-ish?]). If you don't now about effects layers - they would be worth your time to look at and experiment with - as they will add a whole new dimension to your shaded line drawings! :D

I'm afraid I don't have anything (suitable for posting) here at home to demonstrate, but will try to do a quickie today...

thanks for the advice, ill give it a try, i used a similar method for the hair i believe. i used 3 shades of yellow colored them on separate layers. Then merged them all and motion blurred them on the highest setting, giving the gradient effect.

japannese.jpg

To Create a Layer Mask

1. Create your line work on a layer

2. On the layer with your line work, select the region from which you want to create a mask using magic wand - use a low tolerance, say 10%?, create a new layer (giving it a suitable descriptive name) and fill the selection with a colour which stands out (note that using this mask won’t have selected the antialiased parts of the linework)

3. To make selections continue under line work, select the initial mask. Feather the edge by 1 pixel, then use magic wand to select the transparent area around the mask. Invert that selection and then use paintbrash - set to large size – to paint the new area for the mask

4. Put the layer mask under the line work

Now you have a layer mask which you can use to quickly create a selection of the specific region you want to work with.

I use these to select regions to apply paintbrush strokes of colour, then apply gaussian blur and adjust opacity of the layer. I will often use several layers (of different opacity) to colour a selected area - hence why I use layer masks...

layer-mask.jpg

here's what I'm working on right now

2.png

sig.jpg

ah... i see. Heres wat i came up with, i need to expand it to make it seem deeper, you should make that a tut, so simple its over looked lol.

cartoon1111.jpg

japannese.jpg

looks good keep it up, im glad to see you go beyond the pencil tool :P

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

a magic eye photo i made a while ago...the repeating image is made with PDN

http://panhead4224.deviantart.com/art/steriogram-75264681

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

@cjmcguinness: WOW!!! :shock: - very nice (glass effect)!

Some more experimenting with glass textures...

GlassRodTest640.png

just saw that :shock: amazing, excellent job, its amazing

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

alright, here are a few little sketches i did on PDN, the first two i did using the pencil only although i did use random lines and twist for the crystal ball :P.

The other three tomorrow im going to use color masking to color these three in.

Leme no what you think!

wizard22.jpg

wizard1.jpg

vikingjp.jpg

romansoldierjp.jpg

knightjp.jpg

japannese.jpg

i like them, your a good drawer, how did you draw them if you dont mind sharing :)

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

Page 800 w00t :D

GlassRodTest640.png

That looks awesome!

your a good drawer

Dito :D

effected56.png

th_GlassRodTest640.png

just saw that :shock: amazing, excellent job, its amazing

That looks awesome!

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

i just wish there was a glass tut, it would probably be long, but it would be nice for a "basic glass tut"

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix