The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

Here's one i did today, im gona try to expand the background a little, maybe add a castle and a dragon in the background, i just kinda filled in the empty space with some clouds and grass. Leme know what you think!

THanks

KEvin

wizardfinal1.jpg

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

I do declare salu I think you are always hungry. a cookie?

:lol::lol:

now here is one I got so depressed from working on that skull this is just a plain old feel good piece to cheer me up. :lol:

th_jan202008glasspaperweight.png

you need to clik on this link for

larger version in order to see the amount of depth in this ball. .

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234 ... weight.png

could be true i might be hungery... but the new one is cool :D it looks like a glass ball

Im trying to draw a castle, the thing is its only a background piece, i like wat ive done so far but it will take forever....i wouldnt mind taking my time if it was the main focus, but its in the background, any one have any tips on how i can draw a good looking castle that woulnt take 6 hours to draw?

Thanks

Kevin

castle.jpg

edit: ah, sorry i double posted

japannese.jpg

k, so I just did this and, by some what request of oma, I'm smiling. its me

me5.png

sig.jpg

~97% of teens won't stand up for Anything. Put this on your sig if you're one of the 3% who've fallen down trying.

Oh, and there's 3 types of people in this world...

not bad dc, it looks really blurry though, did you resize it?

edit: dc i have a .pdf of basically how to draw realistic looking people, if you want it, i can send it to you.

edit again: your eyes could use some work, this is really for pen/paper drawing, but it can be used for graphic design.

eyes.jpg

japannese.jpg

whoa! thats awesome and yes I would like that pdf. thanks!

sig.jpg

~97% of teens won't stand up for Anything. Put this on your sig if you're one of the 3% who've fallen down trying.

Oh, and there's 3 types of people in this world...

*check your pm D.C. (Conviction

can i attach a .pdf on here?

D.C.,

Here's wat a realistic eye should look like,

realeye.jpg

the eye tut using shape 3D is a cool way to do it, but personally i think it looks kinda cheesey. the method above^^ is what i use on portraits, it looks more real.

ill post the steps to making this eye, its fairly simple.

alright here we go,

*the first couple steps are for the perspective

Step 1

Just draw a circle, hold shift while you do it.

*Note its easier to do the circle, then draw the square on a separate layer and adjust it so it fits.

step1-2.jpg

Step 2

Then draw a square around it

step2-2.jpg

Step 3

Draw a half moon

step3-2.jpg

Step 4

Color the right half of the moon in, this will add contrast

step4-2.jpg

Step 5

Draw the eye in, the steps above should make this much easier, make sure to draw the slit in the right corner of the eye

step5-1.jpg

Thats pretty much it, i shaded my eye in, you can look at the image i posted originally for a final example.

there is an extension of this, i would show how to draw the nose and the mouth and how to make the eyes look more like eyes, if this interests any one leme no, id be happy to make a tut, just didnt want to take up a ton of space in the pictorium

japannese.jpg

Well, I haven't really been active on the PDN Forums for quite a while, but I've been lurking around, and I'm seeing a lot of neat stuff coming from you guys! :D:D

Well, here's some stuff I've been working on:

Blizzard

abstract.png

and

I'M GONNA SHOOT! :evil:

CrazyMan.png

(This one took like ... thirty layers ...)

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Well, I haven't really been active on the PDN Forums for quite a while, but I've been lurking around, and I'm seeing a lot of neat stuff coming from you guys! :D:D

Blizzard

abstract.png

and

CrazyMan.png

Nice! I especially like the second one :D

i havent done a realistic portrait in a while, D.C. , inspired me to do one, last time i did this realistic of a portrait i used MS paint, using basically the air brush tool and the pencil, PDN is definitely easier to use for this purpose, where i would use the air brush for shading on MS paint, i have been using noise and frosted glass or jitter.

Im trying to get the shading right on the left eye before i do the right, i think im close, what do you think?

realeyefinal12.jpg

japannese.jpg

Blizzard

th_abstract.png

and

th_CrazyMan.png

Nice! I especially like the second one :D

Thanks. :)

*Shoots :twisted: :twisted:

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Alright you can tell I'm into Harley's, hence the username. :D But I'd like to share with you all my litttle creations. Any feedback is welcome. I would like to learn more on the "glass" effect. I'll get there. :wink: I love the bright colors this program offers...simply sweet.

this bike's mine :wink: :

Carrie.jpg

some others :

skullhead3.jpg

eyeballs-1.jpg

franksig.jpg

my mom's car :mrgreen:

sunflowers1.jpg

signiture-1.jpg

well.... this didnt turn out quite like i wanted lol, the shape of the face was good, and the features where good, but i drew them separately, when i went to wrap the details on the face, i realized my mistake lol, if you give it a quick glance then look away it looks great lol

^^well its not terrible, its 100% free hand, the shading was supposed to look like pencil shading i used frosted glass noise and jitter to get that effect.

Leme know what you think, this is one im gona redraw at some point.

finished1211.jpg

japannese.jpg

well ...... that face isn't one of your best works. not sure how to put this other than definitely not tut material.

I think you are missing the point totally this is Paint.Net not mspaint. loose the old thinking and let your self feel the program. you've got great basic art sense and good foundation skills in using mspaint for so long.... but it is the fact you've used mspaint that's holding your work back from really taking off artistically with using a diferent style of program.

My suggestion is to try something outside of your past experience for awhile until you get used to thinking Paint.Net and not thinking at all of conversion of mspaint processes. :wink:

Go wild ...do some totally abstract things, use one or two effects daily pictures and no no no pencil for awhile.

feel the art, don't think the art.

Here's another effort from me at making realistic glass - still not 100% happy, but I think it's better than the first.

GlassTable640.png

^^ As always, clickety-click to view larger size and download the full 1600x1200 version ^^

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

@ Oma: You are what makes this communtiy great. Good advice and I agree with you

@ cjmcguinness: That is really well done. Perhaps I can ask for a tutorial on the basics of glass, sort of like what Oma did with facial contours?

@ -Expiration-: I love the smiley face, really well done!

signature.png

@ cjmcguinness: That is really well done. Perhaps I can ask for a tutorial on the basics of glass, sort of like what Oma did with facial contours?

I second that tutorial on the "basics of glass". :) A job well done, I might add. Looks like a lot of patients.

signiture-1.jpg