The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

been working on this, it's all freehand (except for feathering and light rays):

I did use an image, but only to look at for reference.

also made my current avatar from the drawing

it's still in progress, so give me suggestions and criticism please :)

edit: link wasn't working :|

12212_278a81ea1538f353edc6c534d34d991e

been working on this, it's all freehand (except for feathering and light rays):

I did use an image, but only to look at for reference.

also made my current avatar from the drawing

it's still in progress, so give me suggestions and criticism please :)

edit: link wasn't working :|

very cool, my avatar was free handed without a pic :mrgreen:

edit:

im kinda in the tut making mood lol, what do you guys think about creating a basic art tut. it would teach basically that every image is made out of shapes, every shape is made out of lines, and every line is made out of pixels. i know its a simple thing that most people with even a little art talent or even common sense can pick out but its always over looked, maybe it would even expand into more of how to draw 3D shapes and etc.

Here's a word document of the beging of what this might look like.

*sorry its big*

Basic Art Tut

The purpose of this tut is to really go over the very basics of how to draw a picture and what a picture is made up of. Although the concept of this tut is very easy to grasp, this is a thing maybe people over look. Instead of trying to figure it out by thinking they just get overwhelmed and quit.

We are going to start with one of my philosophies.

-Every picture is made up of shapes, which are made up of lines, which are made up of pixels.

Let’s break this down

For the sake of making the most sense we’ll break this down out of order.

Every line is made up of pixels connected to each other.

Here is a pixel.

3-4.jpg

The bigger square on the left is basically a blown up pixel, because if you look closely you can see a dot to the right of it, that’s what a pixel actually is. Technically that bigger dot is made of about 15-20 pixels.

Now like I said lines are just connected pixels, the different color shows where on pixel starts and another ends.

1-6.jpg

Once again these pixels are blow up, because they are nearly impossible to see on there own.

Luckily with modern technology pixel art is much easier and realistic then it used to be.

Old technology would take 45 mins to make this.

car12.jpg

With new technology in about 2 hours I can create this.

SubaruImprezafinal234.jpg

Big difference eh?

Every picture is made of shapes.

Before I explain let me show you an example.

This is a portrait picture I drew on PDN, not one of my bests or even a complete works for that matter, but it portrays this well.

realeyefinal.jpg

Here we have a simple face; this may or may not look over whelming, but let me show you a little trick.

realeyefinal1.jpg

This is all this picture is made up of, most people can draw these simple shapes. With a little practice you can learn to modify them to make a more complex image.

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

Eh... good tutorial, but I feel like the tutorial section is more for tutorials on how to use Paint.NET - not just how to make art in general. I'd say go ahead and post it there. The worst that'll happen is it'll get moved to a different section.

As for art. Here's a sort of minimalist background I made.

freedomwl6.png

Eh... good tutorial, but I feel like the tutorial section is more for tutorials on how to use Paint.NET - not just how to make art in general. I'd say go ahead and post it there. The worst that'll happen is it'll get moved to a different section.

th_freedomwl6.png

Could you insert an Thumbnail of it?

my computer cannot handle that great images

Anyway.

@OMA , again an beautifull piece of art

@K. Thanks for the tut Mate.

@Salu. Nicely done. I Like it!

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.

th_freedomwl6.png

Could you insert an Thumbnail of it?

my computer cannot handle that great images

Anyway.

@OMA , again an beautifull piece of art

@K. Thanks for the tut Mate.

@Salu. Nicely done. I Like it!

ya leme get on my other pc, and i agree that its more art related, but im going to get more in depth, i just think that that simple concept is so important and so commonly over looked that it deserves a tut

ps: isnt art the point of pDN?

japannese.jpg

very cool ^^, bugster its coming, im trying to figure out a better way to upload it, cus it is a .doc

Thanks! il try soon ;)

-|-|- New signature ;)

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.

Looking good people :) it's nice to have a browse through here & see what people have been up to once in a while :)

Valentinesig.png

That's my sig of the week entry so far, comments? Criticism?

And yeah, it's a pile of stilton... so cheesy you could use it as a pizza topping :P

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

here ya go bugster

Update

Basic Art Tut

The purpose of this tut is to really go over the very basics of how to draw a picture and what a picture is made up of. Although the concept of this tut is very easy to grasp, this is a thing maybe people over look. Instead of trying to figure it out by thinking they just get overwhelmed and quit.

We are going to start with one of my philosophies.

-Every picture is made up of shapes, which are made up of lines, which are made up of pixels.

Let’s break this down

For the sake of making the most sense we’ll break this down out of order.

Every line is made up of pixels connected to each other.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj66/ihclub_hockey/3-4.jpg

Here is a pixel.

The bigger square on the left is basically a blown up pixel, because if you look closely you can see a dot to the right of it, that’s what a pixel actually is. Technically that bigger dot is made of about 15-20 pixels.

Now like I said lines are just connected pixels, the different color shows where on pixel starts and another ends.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj66/ihclub_hockey/1-6.jpg

Once again these pixels are blow up, because they are nearly impossible to see on there own.

Luckily with modern technology pixel art is much easier and realistic then it used to be.

Old technology would take 45 mins to make this.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj66/ihclub_hockey/car12.jpg

With new technology in about 2 hours I can create this.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj66/ihclub_hockey/SubaruImprezafinal234.jpg

Every picture is made of shapes.

Before I explain let me show you an example.

This is a portrait picture I drew on PDN, not one of my bests or even a complete work for that matter, but it portrays this well.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj66/ihclub_hockey/realeyefinal.jpg

Here we have a simple face; this may or may not look over whelming, but let me show you a little trick.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj66/ihclub_hockey/realeyefinal1.jpg

This is all this picture is made up of; most people can draw these simple shapes.

Once you drill it in your head, that you can draw anything thing, if you think about it first. You’ll start to just naturally say; well that looks like a square with rounded corners, I can draw that. After a while this becomes second nature to an artist.

3D Shapes

PDN has a plug-in (Shape 3D) that can simulate the basic shapes and modify them, but I’ll show you how to do it without shape 3D first.

We will start with a sphere, in order to draw a sphere you need to first draw a 2D circle. The easiest way to do this on PDN is to select the tool in your tool bar. Remember to hold down shift while you click and drag, this will make a ‘perfect’ circle.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj66/ihclub_hockey/4-4.jpg

The next step is to make it ‘3D’. There are several ways to do this with a sphere and it really just depends on what you are drawing. For my purpose I’m going to draw a tennis ball.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj66/ihclub_hockey/1-3.jpg

These simple lines give you the sense that there is a third dimension.

i just linked them all for you bugster

this would be a tut that could go on forever, id have to find a stopping point, or make it separate tuts, id go more i depth with the different 3D shapes, then show how to create them using shape 3D

japannese.jpg

I Like it ,

altough it would be better if it was an Sig ( Border and background) ;)

@K. Now Go to your previous tut. , hit edit . Type Update ( Big lettertype , other color and underlined )

And then add the Text above

Now you get an challenge from me.

Add the roman , explain how you made him AND how you colored him in ;)

Thanks!

Bugster

WHATZ.png