The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

Dalton, I like the pattern and the simplicity. Sort of reminds me of a mattress with no sheets :D

Anyway, here is a peice I did purely inspired by CMD's avatar:

miiwithabrush.png

signature.png

A little gradient bars manipulation I've come up with.

I call it:

Industrialize:

Industrialize.png

Comments and (constructive) criticism appreciated.

EDIT: I like it jerkfight, it reminds me of a piece I made a while back.

The one thing I have to say is that the grass looks a tad bit ... off.

Okay, it looks way off, but thats just me ( i think :shock: ).

Other than that, its brilliant!

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

I call it:

Industrialize:

Industrialize.png

Thats Really cool, I would like to see steps on ways to achieve that

omExTE6.png

I call it:

Industrialize:

Industrialize.png

Thats Really cool, I would like to see steps on ways to achieve that

i would too

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

It's actually very simple:

1. Gradient Bars (I used default settings)

2. Distort > Crystallize, lowest settings

3. Distort > Glass Blocks, I forgot the exact settings, but I think it was a low scale and amount,

you'll have to experiment with that

4. Use color tint to add some color, I went with a gray-blue steel color scheme.

5. Duplicate the layer and Render > Weave on lowest settings, then change that layer's blending mode to something you like.

6. Merge the layer down.

And that's it! Have fun experimenting with it and stuffs. :mrgreen:

*@Jerkfight: My previous post (where I posted my pic) has some comments on your picture

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

@ jerkfight - your abstract things are really cool! Very nice color choice. Your designs recently have been reminding me of "rock band" art.

@ -Expiration- - That is so cool looking. It makes me think of something being deleted in the Matrix.

---

iGspacesigcontest.png

^ Click for full size 1000x300. :D

I don't normally 'Pictorium-ize' signatures, but I really liked this one. It was made for the space contest ncfan51 mentioned earlier.

It was sort of both. I had a screenshot open, a photoshop tutorial on the nets, and a lot of gradients, gaussian blurs, layers, and the line curve tool. I was happy with the end result, but his legs need work. He has old man syndrome :D

Edit: As seen in the rate the sig thread, here is a concept design using mii as the focus:

MiiAvatar.png

signature.png

An interesting Moire pattern I stumbled across when playing with Sine Waves effect.

Untitled1_640.png

^^ If you think your eyes can handle full 1600x1200 version then clickety-click ^^

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

yeah feel free teaches, sorry bout the late response, im not a beginner with drawing but PDN is new to me, i kinda understand what you mean by texture but not sure how to do it.

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

It's actually very simple:

1. Gradient Bars (I used default settings)

2. Distort > Crystallize, lowest settings

3. Distort > Glass Blocks, I forgot the exact settings, but I think it was a low scale and amount,

you'll have to experiment with that

4. Use color tint to add some color, I went with a gray-blue steel color scheme.

5. Duplicate the layer and Render > Weave on lowest settings, then change that layer's blending mode to something you like.

6. Merge the layer down.

And that's it! Have fun experimenting with it and stuffs. :mrgreen:

*@Jerkfight: My previous post (where I posted my pic) has some comments on your picture

Try gradient bars and then oil painting at max settings. I used that trick in this:

th_trying2.png

That looks awesome TLH.

It gives it a grunge-ish look and feel IMO.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

NEW UPDATE OF WHAT I'M DOING! guess who it is

2-1.png

:shock: That's really good! Just try and avoid overdetailing the hair (it looked metallic the first time around) and you'll have a masterpiece! :D

alright, I've been doing the hair in layer so I can keep it more realistic and not crappy looking

Is that Tidus from FFX? 'cause if that is, that's spot on.

itd be helpful to know d.c., i havent been doing many portraits but still when i start them up again.

ooo oma i think i figured out the texture, i didnt mean to lol but i think this is more of wat you were saying.(on a different picture)

th_merlin1.jpg

yes great I'm not the best at explaining over the internet, but you have the idea now. experiment.

let your imagination run wild. just remember strategic pattern placement is more pleasing to the eye.

@salu much better now try the other tut where Vern shows some transparent and semi transparent layers. you will be really surprised at how fast forward you will become in your work from this point.

@revenge I just love that little spacecraft. like I told a little just a little texture now. would spark it up just that tad more.

@DC conviction check your PM'sl. sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

@Rai Shizaki:

OMFG! Awesomeness (especially loved 2nd pic)

@Mike.Ryan52:

K.Diggenarro was talkin' to me :wink: (I asked if I could use one of his piccies in a tute on layer masking)

@HaPK:

Pixel Art is awesome (I'm teaching a short unit on it this semester at school!) - have you checked out pixel moonhttp://pixeldam.net/indexpixelmoon.html or pixel damhttp://www.pixeldam.net/? I love that PDN locks lines to 15 degree increments (great for isometric pixel art)...

@Wither:

The series of "space" sigs is looking gr8 m8!

@Expiration:

Love the "industrialize" piece!

I think that just about wraps it up :wink:

[img]http://www.geocities.com/gerry_satrapa/PDNsig.jpg[/img]