The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

@ jerkfight - your abstract things are really cool! Very nice color choice. Your designs recently have been reminding me of "rock band" art.

@ -Expiration- - That is so cool looking. It makes me think of something being deleted in the Matrix.

---

iGspacesigcontest.png

^ Click for full size 1000x300. :D

I don't normally 'Pictorium-ize' signatures, but I really liked this one. It was made for the space contest ncfan51 mentioned earlier.

Thanks. And awesome sig

omExTE6.png

@k.digennaro . i love your pencil art. you really need to make an basic tut ;)

@Dc. Nice head you made there !

As requested by bugster ill make a little drawing tut on how to draw my zombie face, its pretty easy but ill break it down. Let me know what you think (about the tut not the drawing itself)

Estimated time: 20-30 minutes

First you want to start with the basic shape of the head. This can be achieved simply by using the line tool. I used a 2 pixel black outline. Remember through out this tut that all drawings come from basic shapes, cylinders, circles, rhombus, pyramids. Drawings are just modified shapes, no matter how complex the drawing it's made of shapes.

*this is just a rough outline of the shape of the head, well edit it to make it more complex later on.

1-2.jpg

Now we are going to refine the head, this is really pretty simple, remember when drawing this picture to make it you own, it doesn't have to match up with mine. Here's wat i did, once again i used a 2 pixel black, and the line tool.

2-1.jpg

Now the fun part, we're going to start adding details, when it comes to details its really up to you, ill just show what i drew and walk you threw that.

Well start with the eyes, for mind i did one wide open and one half closed. Remember an eye is basically a modified oval.

To help you break it down ill do the lines in different colors. Every different color was a new line.

*note i added the eye brawl as well.

3-1.jpg

Next im going to draw the nose. The basic shape is a triangle. Remember you dont have to draw every line because when you color it you will be able to see wat you didnt out line, for instance the right side of the nose was all i outlined. Dont forget the nostrils.

4-1.jpg

Believe it or not were almost done!

Next is the mouth if you look at the mouth its really just like two ovals with the sides erased.

4-1.jpg

*i just drew a few teeth because he is a zombie, so might as well make him look like one :mrgreen:

I drew a couple extra lines in to add some wrinkles, nothing major.

6-1.jpg

honestly after this step you could call it done, but i added some hair on mine, basically just squiggles that radiate down from the sides of the head.

7-1.jpg

That'll about do ya, enjoy! Heres my final product ( i know i posted it before, but it goes with the little tut :P)

monster12.jpg

depending on what you guys think maybe ill do some others similar to this, remember itd be a favor to you not me :P so dont be afraid to tell me if you dont like it :P

edit: i think maybe ill try to create a tut that shows the basic or basics for example turning a square into a cube.

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

Here's a more basic tut iono if this is helpful or not, its how i look at things.

Everyone knows how to draw a simple square or circle, but how can we make it pop out and look realistic? This tut is created to expand your mind into looking more complex objects as a bunch of simpler objects. How can we make this go to this?

1-3.jpg

This is a very basic example turning a circle, into a tennis ball. With contour lines you can turn a circle into a ball or a square into a cube.

Here ill show you how to turn a square into a cube another basic art technique that some may not have learned. PDN's layer system makes this extremely simple. It will just be a picture walk through.

?action=view&current=1a.jpg

Dupe and Move the layer.

1b.jpg

Connect the dots

1c.jpg

There you have a cube. Here's something a cube can make.

chair.jpg

Here's you can draw a cylinder.

2-2.jpg

Now the cylinder expanded on.

vase.jpg

This tut could go on forever, but ill leave it at this for now.

I'm sorry about the images, all of them were drawn very quickly, if its a hit ill go back and fix them

japannese.jpg

very nice jerkfight, where is everyone tonight?

I have no clue

My try on an aquarium

Im going to have a go at this. I think I may learn something from it.

EDIT: Something like this?

1PNG.png

Except with more time tooken it would look much better

EDIT 2:

Aquarium.png

It was very fast

omExTE6.png

@D.C. (Conviction--Awesomeness! 10/10

Just working around with Shape 3D. I think this is the first realistic thing I've made, but needs more work (I purposely kept off the bottom part of the shuttle).

Comments?

Very nice. Try using Clouds, noise+motion blur, or gradients for added texture.

---

Here's a hasty attempt at making a fish tank... complete with a little fishy! :D

fishy.png

Just working around with Shape 3D. I think this is the first realistic thing I've made, but needs more work (I purposely kept off the bottom part of the shuttle).

Comments?

---

Here's a hasty attempt at making a fish tank... complete with a little fishy! :D

fishy.png

I got pwned

omExTE6.png

Comments?

---

fishy.png

wither i have one complaint, the table legs at that angle create enough of a slope that the fish tank would fall off the table :mrgreen: lol

edit:

so i got bored and made this, i already posted it, but i wanted to know if someone could help me turn this award into looking more like a trophy or something iono, i imagine its possible its just beyond my render skills right now, anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj66/ihclub_hockey/CRYBABY.jpg

edit again:(wow am i the only one on tonight?)

im working on this pic trying to get the texture down, im having a hard time, im getting close but it seems like im missing something, any one know what it needs?

also there pixels left around the edge, is there a plug-in i can run to get rid of those?

merlin11.jpg

japannese.jpg

wither i have one complaint, the table legs at that angle create enough of a slope that the fish tank would fall off the table :mrgreen: lol

Note the 'hasty' part of that. :wink: You're right though... I should fix that... eventually >_>

so i got bored and made this, i already posted it, but i wanted to know if someone could help me turn this award into looking more like a trophy or something iono, i imagine its possible its just beyond my render skills right now, anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Something like this?

crybabyribbon.png

I've been working on making coins out of pictures. lol

I think my idea's good, I just need to work on the particulars.

Note the 'hasty' part of that. :wink: You're right though... I should fix that... eventually >_>

Something like this?

crybabyribbon.png

well you might wana get on that, i have no idea how that fish tank is staying on that table lol

thats cool, but wasnt exactly what i was thinking, heres wat i was thinking

http://www.partiesoutsidethebox.com/Images-award/star-award-trophy-invite-3.jpg

something like that, the design atleast

japannese.jpg

One of my first tutorials was about this. It's been a long time, it's WAY outdated, and it was never really "good," per se, but it might give you some ideas as to starting points. Give me a moment to find it.

EDIT: Here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4855&hilit=+medal

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.