Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

lol that tv is awsome lol try add shadows around the ariels so it doesnt stick otu so abdly i also like the gradient in the middle looks like tis been turned off, so you could maybe have it being unpluged or maybe having a mouse or somthing biking through the cable? :)

heres somthing i made a while back but forgot to show cc would be nice :)

Welcometoparadise.jpg

^^ Haha that fox looks so tarded :P

Citylife.png

@ Oma Wouldn't you know that I would be on vacation when you unveil your beautiful elephant. I'm looking forward to seeing it in full size in your gallery. From the thumbnail, it looks to be every bit as stunning as I imagined it would be when you first gave us a peek at your work in progress.

@ Welshblue Love the pint of ale. The metal finish looks just like pewter. The foam head is a great touch. Add some bubbles to the brew and some condensation on the outside of the glass and it will be perfect.

@ Pophiri Thanks ! I enjoyed doing the spiders, but the rest of the image was the real fun and the learning experience. For me, it's things that fly and sting, except Honey Bees. I love Honey Bees ! I have a hive that my dad gave me two years ago and it is doing real well. I may get to harvest some honey in a few days ! I'm planning on adding some more hives next year so I will have four or five total.

@ Boude I really like your lava lamp, the glass and the lava look really great. Great idea ! I may try to make one some time. Is there a tut for doing one? I always wanted one when I was younger.

@ Yellowman All I can say is WOW ! I've seen other people do photo chop coins of Obama but they used photos of real coins and they didn't look half as good (or real) as yours. Every time I turn around you just blow me away with another gold piece. You have the Midas touch without a doubt. I keep trying but mine always looks like gold foil or mylar. Very impressive piece. The raised letters really makes the piece realistic. Awesome !

@ Helen You are truly an artist. That is a beautiful piece. While I hack away with every plug-in under the sun, you quietly create stunning pieces with a simple brush tool that conveys such beautiful emotions. I am humbled every time I go through your gallery.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

@Possum Roadkill: Ash made a lava lamp tut, but I only used the last bit for my lava lamp, if you want to follow it you should check out ash's googlepage. (hint: his sig)

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

@ Goonfella, great image. I like the way you made it look like you are looking through a hedge or forest at the castle. Where is this castle? What section of the tuts is Helen's fan tut?

This is something I have been working on the past few days. Thanks to Ash for the sunset clouds and the sea shell tuts !

OceanScene.png

Lovely image. I love the seafloor. That`s definitely the best part.So much detail and things to look at. Nice one :wink:

In my image are you sure you can`t tell which part is PDN and which is stock? :D

I guess that`s the best compliment I could have received . Thankyou so much. :D

It`s the foliage.

Here is Helens tut if you want to try it -

http://pdnfans.freeforums.org/how-to-ma ... -t405.html

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

@ Goonfella, great image. I like the way you made it look like you are looking through a hedge or forest at the castle. Where is this castle? What section of the tuts is Helen's fan tut?

This is something I have been working on the past few days. Thanks to Ash for the sunset clouds and the sea shell tuts !

th_OceanScene.png

That has to be the best from the sea shell tut to date. And I like the way you made the night sky fading in.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

@ Goonfella & Ash, thanks, but what is wrong with the seascape? To me it looks flat, and.....and.....uh, I don't know. Yes there is a lot going on in the image, I tend to over-do things, but something is missing.

Can Would, you help me figure it out? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

@ Goonfella & Ash, thanks, but what is wrong with the seascape? To me it looks flat, and.....and.....uh, I don't know. Yes there is a lot going on in the image, I tend to over-do things, but something is missing.

Can Would, you help me figure it out? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

When you say seascape, do you mean the ocean above? I think the only reason it looks flat is because it's peaceful and calm..it's not like anyone's throwing a rock in there or it's storm brewing or anything. It's just a calm sunset, so it males sense for the ocean to be sorta flat.

The only minor objection I have is that there is a line separating the ocean above from the ocean below. Sorta makes it look like two separate images. I would recommend filling in that space between the waves above and the ocean below with that light blue color.

Besides that, I really love all that undersea life going on there. Fantastic job :D

When you say seascape, do you mean the ocean above? I think the only reason it looks flat is because it's peaceful and calm..it's not like anyone's throwing a rock in there or it's storm brewing or anything. It's just a calm sunset, so it males sense for the ocean to be sorta flat.

The only minor objection I have is that there is a line separating the ocean above from the ocean below. Sorta makes it look like two separate images. I would recommend filling in that space between the waves above and the ocean below with that light blue color.

Besides that, I really love all that undersea life going on there. Fantastic job :D

Ah ! Thats what I was trying to achieve ! Good !

I was thinking about the Nautilus ( the cephalopod ) when I did Ash's seashell tut and it got me to thinking about the Nautilus ( the ship ) from Jules Verne's books and thought I would do an image of a coral reef with a Nautilus ( the cephalopod ) as seen from inside a partially submerged ship window. Maybe I should have added the window?

Possum, I must congratulate you on that one :)

envy2l.th.png1000*1000 .PNG

Something I whipped up today.. I know, the floor is not properly tiled and there are :AntiAliasingOff: spots all over the place..

I do not want need any constructive criticism since it was only for practice/having a go at this tut

I will appreciate criticism, but I will not be likely to make any changes to it ;)

EDIT: Corrected the faults Possum pointed out in the post below this one..

everythingfadestogreysi.png

Please forgive my possible complaints. I'm but an annoying little perfectionist when it comes to using english...

"I tremble in the presence of your terrifying skills of gardening."

@ Escapist Angel Wonderful image. I would only make two points. 1. I don't see the bottom of the glass so I can't tell if it's an open ended glass tube or a drinking glass. I think I am starting to understand a comment Ash made in his gallery about varied transparancies ( not quite his words) but I think you should read through the last couple of pages on his gallery and look at the images he has posted and I think you will see what I mean. Great job though on the glass. I'm just not good enough to do glass just yet. 2. The green liquid ooze that is pouring out of the glass should also have a varied transparency between the liquid that is outside of the glass and that which is inside of the glass. I think that would make it much more realistic. Otherwise, very nice image.

Thank you! As to the bottom of the glass, it is there but supposedly due to the vast number of duplicate layers and varying blend modes it somehow is no longer visible.. Hadn't actually even noticed it was missing :mrgreen: As to the liquid, I made the portion inside and the one outside have different transparencies AND different luminosities. No idea where they went :roll:

EDIT: I made those changes.. Just had to as they were so unnerving. Original post on the previous page updated

Please forgive my possible complaints. I'm but an annoying little perfectionist when it comes to using english...

I actually do not have a clue what it is, but it seems there's more where it came from :D

theresmore.th.png

I'll add a fire under it and other slight changes later..

I actually do not have a clue what it is, but it seems there's more where it came from :D

theresmore.th.png

I'll add a fire under it and other slight changes later..

Uh, Yum? :shock: I was gonna say a fire then I saw your comment, I thought maybe it was a chemical reaction and might do a spontaneous combustion at any moment. :lol: One question though, does it taste like chicken? :lol: Seriously, very cool and imaginative, I can smell the eye of newt and bat's wing cooking from here.

I see someone starting to use Shape3d, but what's with always the green goo? :shock:

Always=two times out of who knows who many? ;) True, though, I've found (once again) the greatness that is Shape 3D. Be at ease, for it is no longer green goo.

Nowadays, it is purple goo, just for you :lol: And, a glass of champagne mead I made quite some time ago..

theresmoretuli.th.pngsimashampanja.th.png

Excellent job on the glass (especially the cup part) - but the glass handle could be improved in my opinion - it seems to me it flares outwards as if upside down - however great job on the mead.

As for the cauldron - great job as well - definite improvement since your last progress pic - good use of smudge for the fire and clouds for the smoke - I like it :)

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

The cauldron I like, the only thing that could use a little work in my opinion is the fire, perhaps it should be a but more transparent. The Glass is amazing, I extremly like the liquid inside how the carbon is rising up. Great work

WORK IN PROGRESS

The Box is to show what part I am working on atm...

Preview.png

omExTE6.png