Image Umbrella: Image Modification/Manipulation

david.atwell

I have had my first go at image modification. I thought the most interesting way to get started was to try a bit of `antiquing'. Below is the original,full colour image and the end product.I struggled a bit with the border so just left it `torn out' instead. Any advice or pointers as to how I could improve welcome.

OldCarPhotosml.jpg

OldCarPhotograph.png

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

@patriotsman:

First pic: Very cool. I love this effect. I would probably crop out the right hand side, if it were me. I think that it looses a little bit of the effect with the black edge, but other than that it is really great work.

Second pic: That is extremely disturbing, but very, very cool. I'm not sure what else to say. That smiley face may give me nightmares. :shock: Nice work.

I'm not really sure if this goes here, but I am working on this for a friend, and I really need some constructive criticism or suggestions. She is a huge Twilight fan, and I want to make sure it's as good as I can make it.

edward.png

dolphinsig-1.png

thanks summer! I think you should take the layer for the vampire and put some glow, keep the default settings except with contrast which you should play around with in the positive number range, then take the layer for regular Edward and do glow with negative contrast (maybe). This will give a "posterish" effect

@Patriotsman: There's a very bloody feeling in this image. The people in the back are pretty pixelised, but still very realistic. I actually thought they were real first.

Reachalittle.jpg

What do you think? It's called Colorblind.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

@Kemaru:

That is really beautiful. I'm not sure about the distortion (dents?) on the colored half of the picture. I agree that it probably needs something there, but I don't really care for this particular effect for this pic. It is really beautiful, though.

So, my 2 year old got a hold of my twilight pic, causing a complete loss of the pdn file. I had to start over from scratch, (this time with a different Edward pic in back). I did play with the contrast and glow, as was suggested, and I also made the background pic black and white, as well as changing the background color (all black was just too dark, even for a vamp pic). Let me know what ya think. I haven't read the books, so I don't really know what might be missing. Any suggestions are welcome.

edward2.png

dolphinsig-1.png

@Kemaru: I really like that pic, how'd you get it to be that way? I'm kinda guessing the new/old car tut... But anyway I especially love the eyes.

@summer: It's great! I mean I like the old Edward pic better (the hair>.<). Maybe a black to a red or a light gray/silver gradient would look better because of the vampire in there

@summer: It's great! I mean I like the old Edward pic better (the hair>.<). Maybe a black to a red or a light gray/silver gradient would look better because of the vampire in there

Thanks. The funny thing is, I don't even think the first pic I used was actually Edward. I'm not sure, but I think it is Robert Pattinson from a different film entirely. That was the big reason I used a different pic the second time. Also, the color of the gradient is because of the topaz colored eyes that is supposed to be the trademark of the Cullen family. I don't know... I might look into playing with the color some more.

dolphinsig-1.png

Nice job on that J2k! I remember doing something very similar with a city skyline a while ago. Nice use of Polar Transformation. :wink:

If you make a tutorial (possibly in the newbie playground?), i'm sure it'd be a popular one. Its possible to do in 4 steps with the the image you used, as its seamless horizontally. Its harder with one that isn't seamless, as you have use panelling on it, then make the clear join invisible, so you get a smooth sky. Hard (but not impossible) with no healing tool in PDN. :P

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

I managed to convert a PS tutorial on holograms and here's my result in PDN:

Far, far, away lies a planet with a hologram of two somewhat hated politicians . . .

fmt9xc.jpg

It's my first try and I'm sure it can be improved but strangely - I managed to prove myself I could do it in PDN. :)

these are the first images ive made using pdn. i used LFC4EVER's sig tut. these images are actually for a mario theme im making for my wii menu.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq10 ... irenew.png

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq10 ... nspace.png

sources

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq10 ... /mario.png (original mario fire render)

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq10 ... Render.png (original mario and stars render)

• 2 weeks later...

haha thats a cool mario.

um how do i insert images? ive got an imageshack account, and ive just gotten PDN and used it to touch up my art this is just fable two fanart, but llionhead only updates that once a month. i wanna see what ppl think

balverine002opptrm3.th.jpg

HaHA! figured it out :D

heres the other two, think ill get started on my commic second draft now

fablehero2layer2t2ne5.th.jpg

heres on that i drew before i got the program and didnt know what to focus on before editing

sepiafablepubvj8.th.jpg

@vista: :lol:

@zooey:welcome to the forums!

@ja8m 1e 6s:I like the way you used the glowy lines, effective and...glowy!

@Donoravis: Very nice fanart! almost has a comic-booky feel to it! :)

to insert images, just type

[img=image url here]

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...