Image Umbrella: Image Modification/Manipulation

david.atwell

Hey all, just joined the Forum and thought i'd put my 2 bob down.

(All done in Paint.Net! why bother with PSP when this package is available?!).

Pop Art Me.

popartment7.th.jpg

Before and After (a fair bit of manipulating to original's quality(focus,sharpening,etc.),it was taken with a camera phone.)

popartmebeforeafterbe2.th.jpg

Layers in the Final Image.

popartmelayersrn4.th.jpg

Well thats it so far ...

Guess its time to work on an Avatar and Signature for the forum :D

Adamba.

Welcome to the forum adamba, nice effect

Surreality cool city I like the second one

St Jim I like the tree against the sky but I think to me the small image works better than the large. The tree seems to glow in the small image.

TRUSTcompany I think I would like that better with more colors in it.

You all sure keep me on my toes, thank you for all the good suggestions. I'm done with the ucky spiders for now. My grandson thinks it's really cool which is good because I don't want to work on it any more right now. Maybe one day. Another grandson requested I put him on a Dragon.

My next manipulation I'll be working on is one house eating another. Strange, if anyone has any inspiration or thoughts about how to do that I would love to hear it. Maybe I should just sink the one house in the pool with the spiders.

I should mention those are tattoos on his arm and leg. He loves them. You should see his tummy.

th_malridingred-dragon2.png

Mal And The Red Dragon

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

My 500th post...

London_at_Twilight_by_cjmcguinness.png

^ Click to visit deviantART and download the full 4200 x 1400 version ^

...a panorama created by stitching 4 separate photographs together.

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

That looks so real! The sausage blends amazingly well with the dog. Great job and faultless IMO. :)

______

:shock: What's happened to Mona Lisa? She's gone all modern!

monalisamodernv2.png

Its my LAOTW #6 entry.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Jellyboots "Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your long hair". I instantly loved it.

cjmcguinness always love seeing what you come up with. Fun! Nice job.

LFC4EVER Looks like Mona has it going on.

topezia not sure everyone would appreciate the 'Last Supper' being fooled with but the humor is great. That is one big stogy.

The black cat is my favorite touch.

This is a photo I took yesterday. I got so many great shots yesterday that I feel I have a bounty to work with.

I have admired this old Duth Windmill for a very long time. This is part of the Fabyan Estate located in the Fox River Valley

that is now over 300 acres of park. There is a Japanese Garden as well as the old farmhouse that was remodled by

Frank Lloyd Wright in 1907 that I want to take photos of in the Spring. I hope you love it as much as I do. I used the

oil as well as a little ink sketch and I have been trying out bricks and dents for my texture. I think it works but would be

interested in your opinion.

windmilloil-1.png

Original photo

th_windmill-1.png

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

@JanettSue: That has got a sort of Impressionist painters look, really good method to transform a photo into a painting! And no, that is not a stogy :D

@Andy-Sandy: Not bad for a first post but I think it better suits the Signatures, Avatars and Text section, it also needs some feathering and You might find useful also to get a look at this tut, viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4841

Ciao,

Did not like the version I submitted for the Photo Manipulation contest, should I have more time I would have made it like this:

Do not know if any remembers this : http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/news/archives/wolfie.jpg

So, from the union of 2 Socks of Dances With Wolves and 2 holed socks Wolf- o -vitz, this

abnormality was born:

wolfovitzversioneseconda.png

Furter steps on... looks much better now I think , but the photo of Wolfovitz I choosed was really bad.

wolfovitz3.png

Stocks:

the wolf: http://www.sxc.hu/photo/784774

plus the photo of Wolfovitz from "The Guardian" above,

Ciao

NICE job! even the dog is gone! how did you go it 0.o well the house thing can be done with a plug in but wow! how did the dog disappear!?

techicolorsiguw3.png

L i f e I s C o l o r f u l

villaelfvik1resizepe7.th.pngsay what you think :P
I think it looks great. I would like to offer a suggestion, though, to have the photo look less like it has been halved and flipped: remove some of the features that are duplicated on both sides. A house such as this probably wouldn't have the exact same on both sides.

To illustrate:

th_Notsomirrored.png

[Click for full size.]

- Having utility boxes on both sides might be unlikely;

- reflections mirrored on both sides;

- two flag poles equal in distance from the house;

- bushes and other shrubbery equal at either side; nature is not symmetrical.

Also, as you can see from the labelled illustration, I haven't highlighted everything just on one side, you might want to alternate which side features are removed so it doesn't look artificial. Just a suggestion.

It's a bit of a bug-bear of mine when people mirror like this, because they usually end up really well (as with this one) but fall flat on their face because items that wouldn't normally be mirrored, are.

Here's a photo I took at Ybor City today:

15yf11j.jpg

And here's the modified version:

30vdjza.png

And another:

efp65t.jpg

vq15rn.png

-Click to enlarge-

There subtle changes but I think they make a big change.

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

I'm not sure were to put this so I'm just gonna stick it here. A friend of mine drew it and I had a little fun with it:

Original:

152m4d1.png

Modified:

al3hav.png

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

^^ nice! The color makes it look cool. :) Not sure what else to say, lol.

Here's what I started with: pic 1

Here's end: pic 2

I did very little in the way of steps. Not trying to make it look weird. Tell me what you guys think? I think it's a little off..but not sure what's off, exactly..